East End Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East End Thread?

The one section I really miss from the pre-crash board is the "East End" one. Now don't get me wrong, there is loads of other really enthralling stuff which has either been rewritten or resurrected by some other means, and for these I'm truly grateful. But the anecdotes in the old East End thread were my favourites, and the pictures - either archive or contempoarary - were just so evocative.... Is there any intention to begin another "East End" thread, or is it something which the previous contributors haven't the heart to go back to?
    Al
    Last edited by The English Gardener; 05-11-2008, 12:32 AM.
    "If you listen to the tills you can hear the bells toll. You can hear what a state we're in".

Which thread do you mean, Al? The main one is the picture one and that is alive and well.

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
      Which thread do you mean, Al? The main one is the picture one and that is alive and well.

PHILIP
      Hi, Philip, thanks for the reply. What I was referring to was probably a section rather than a thread. Dealing with all things East End, it took in things like directories, personal memories of visits to Spitalfields, comments on various tours, etc... I remember a particularly good bit of it was your own description of a trip around a cemetary- complete with a wonderful set of photographs. Oh, there was the mapping thread as well...... all brilliantly informative stuff. If its all still here somewhere, I offer my apologies for simply being an idiot who just can't navigate his way around the forum....
      Regards.
      Al
      "If you listen to the tills you can hear the bells toll. You can hear what a state we're in".

Comment

Hi Al. Ah - the whole 'thing'. I think it was constructed of threads that members had put up themselves as time went on, rather than default options that were there in the beginning. Give it time and it may build up again.

Yeah, I think that thread I did on the grave sites was probably the only thing I'd added on the old boards that was a real loss! It took absolutely ages to put that initial post up.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, Philip. And apologies for the length of time it's taken for me to aknowledge them. Stinker of a cold.... typical, as soon as we get a decent bit of weather I go down with a chill! Hopefully, then, things will get rebuilt bit by bit... I always enjoyed reading other people's impressions of the East End {both then and now, and I notice Rob Clack's thread positively galloping elsewhere}, especially those of people {such as yourself} who are in situ on a daily basis. My real interest in JTR lies in the fact that so much of the story is so thoroughly a reflection of the social history of the area. And many of the threads I remembered {and referred to} illustrated neatly and informatively how that history goes on to this day. Once again thanks.
          Last edited by The English Gardener; 05-15-2008, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X