Mock trial for Bury Feb 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wyatt Earp View Post
    If she wanted to tell the world her husband was the Ripper, all she had to do was walk into a police station in Dundee and report him while Bury was off drinking in a pub somewhere.
    And risk being beaten up by him when he was released without charge? By framing him as a parting gift, she could be sure there'd be no comebacks.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      She had an abusive drunk for a husband, who'd uprooted her and taken her to Dundee on false pretences, so it's entirely possible she'd had enough.Not at all, Jon. Instead, is it not possible that William came home sozzled, found her dead, and freaked out?
      Why would he freak out in your scenario? Why would he mutilate her? Why would he put her in a box?

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
        Why would he freak out in your scenario? Why would he mutilate her? Why would he put her in a box?
        "Fit me up as Jack the Ripper, would you? Well, I'll show you, you vindictive bitch!" (Said in angry, beery voice)

... kind of thing.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

"Fit me up as Jack the Ripper, would you? Well, I'll show you, you vindictive bitch!" (Said in angry, beery voice)

... kind of thing.
          Hi Sam
          IMHO this is really farfetched. especially since he was obsessed about NOT being accused of being the ripper.

to me the most obvious explanation is they got in a drunken row and he killed her. now why he mutilated the abdomen is a head scratcher, unless of course he was the ripper.
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

She had an abusive drunk for a husband, who'd uprooted her and taken her to Dundee on false pretences, so it's entirely possible she'd had enough.
            Not at all, Jon. Instead, is it not possible that William came home sozzled, found her dead, and freaked out?
            You do understand that Bury confessed to murdering Ellen?

And risk being beaten up by him when he was released without charge? By framing him as a parting gift, she could be sure there'd be no comebacks.
            Ellen would definitely have understood the risk of a beating by Bury. If she had taken the significant step of going to the police and telling them that her husband was the Ripper, it’s reasonable to believe she either would have been finished with him at that point and would not have gone back to him, or she would have explained her situation to the police, perhaps resulting in some accommodation.
            “When a major serial killer case is finally solved and all the paperwork completed, police are sometimes amazed at how obvious the killer was and how they were unable to see what was right before their noses.” —Robert D. Keppel and William J. Birnes, The Psychology of Serial Killer Investigations

William Bury, Victorian Murderer
            http://www.williambury.org

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt Earp View Post
              You do understand that Bury confessed to murdering Ellen?
              I daresay that the people who intend to hold this "retrial" understand that, too.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                to me the most obvious explanation is they got in a drunken row and he killed her.
                Oh, I think so too, Abby, but I'm open to the possibility of suicide, followed by a pissed-up WH Bury losing it and cutting her a bit.
                now why he mutilated the abdomen is a head scratcher.
                Actually, it was little more than an abdomen-scratcher.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

The main reason's Bury is not regarded as the top Ripper suspect is because he's not a glam enough suspect and alternatively people would rather have the romance of an Unknown Local be the Ripper than Bury.

Comment

The main reason against his being the Ripper are because the injuries he inflicted on his wife are very minor even when compared to those inflicted on the outdoor victims of the Ripper, and positively trivial compared to the Ripper's only indoor victim. There are other factors, of course, but his not being "glam" enough isn't one of them.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

The main reason against his being the Ripper are because the injuries he inflicted on his wife are very minor even when compared to those inflicted on the outdoor victims of the Ripper, and positively trivial compared to the Ripper's only indoor victim. There are other factors, of course, but his not being "glam" enough isn't one of them.
                      I have to disagree Sam. Bury is a proven violent murderer who fits the Psyche profile's as much as you would expect from Jack. Also your recent posts proposing Ellen committing suicide have not shown you as being a particularly rational person to say the least.

Comment

The main reason's Bury is not regarded as the top Ripper suspect is because he's not a glam enough suspect and alternatively people would rather have the romance of an Unknown Local be the Ripper than Bury.
                        It's also difficult to imagine a sawdust vendor as Jack the Ripper.

Comment

Also your recent posts proposing Ellen committing suicide have not shown you as being a particularly rational person to say the least.
                          I wasn't the one who proposed that she committed suicide for starters, and I've not made any irrational comments on the matter either. Anyone with an ounce of objectivity will be able to see that for themselves by reading my posts.

For clarity, I still think it likely that she was killed, which I clearly said in my response to Abby - in which I also stated that I was prepared to entertain the possibility that she committed suicide, that's all.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I wasn't the one who proposed that she committed suicide for starters, and I've not made any irrational comments on the matter either. Anyone with an ounce of objectivity will be able to see that for themselves by reading my posts.

For clarity, I still think it likely that she was killed, which I clearly said in my response to Abby - in which I also stated that I was prepared to entertain the possibility that she committed suicide, that's all.
                            Those who state entertain the possibility who then go on to propose something so unlikely that it is a completely irrational scenario are still being irrational.

Comment

Sorry, I was being irrational.
                              Bond. Greg Bond

Comment

Those who state entertain the possibility who then go on to propose something so unlikely that it is a completely irrational scenario are still being irrational.
                                I've not posted anything even slightly "irrational" (never mind completely irrational) on this thread, and the fact that you think that I have speaks volumes about your ability to reason objectively in this matter.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Working...
                                X