Most Ridiculous Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
    Now I think back, it may not have been a surgeon that was proposed. You're right, a surgeon is a ridiculous suggestion!
    😂🤣😂

I know, why the Hell would a surgeon have a Gladstone bag full of surgical knives and, why would he be wearing a top hat and cloak AND, why would he want to cut people up when he's been doing it all week at a nearby hospital, it's not like he can claim it on overtime or anything!
    I don't know what I was thinking Joshua, I gotta get a life.

I now think it was a time traveller?

Comment

HI,
      I was came up with a " ridiculous theory " when a while back I suggested that Mary Kelly wasn't actually murdered, and it was a well constructed police hoax using an unknown dead body from the morgue arranged by Bond.
      Of course it was more detailed than that....but a bloody clever theory... if I say so myself.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
        HI,
        I was came up with a " ridiculous theory " when a while back I suggested that Mary Kelly wasn't actually murdered, and it was a well constructed police hoax using an unknown dead body from the morgue arranged by Bond.
        Of course it was more detailed than that....but a bloody clever theory... if I say so myself.

Regards
        With a slight modification the theory becomes a lot less silly. Suppose that Mary Kelly and Joseph Barnett killed a woman and mutilated her so that she couldn't be properly identified, and thus pass for MJK. After all, only Barnett was able to identify the corpse, and apparently he could only do so from the eyes. The eyes, without eyelids - meaning they wouldn't have looked like MJK's eyes at all, whether that was the real MJK or not.

The police would have no motive for arranging such a hoax, but MJK might, for personal reasons. This would also explain why Caroline Maxwell insists she saw MJK hours after the proposed time of death. It would also explain the facial mutilations, quite different from anything done to previous victims, and these particular mutilations almost seem to have been made specifically to complicate identification.

This is a theory that I don't dismiss, rather than a theory I believe. It's mostly conjecture. I don't buy MJK as a Ripper victim in any event, though.

Comment

Heres a ridiculous theory for you:

Tumblety is trying to collect uterus for his specimen collection-hence the story of the American doctor trying to procure them through the hospitals. That fails of course.

So when he gets to London and sets up shop he meets Chapman through there similar jobs-Barber and quack dr-and ask if he knows how to get them, and hes willing to pay very well.

chapman takes matters into his own hands.

Crazy theory? I don't really think so. and apparently Abberline didn't think so either.
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hi Karl.
            I actually sent a theory identical to that to The News of the world around 1974, it actually had Barnett and Kelly the actual murderers ,and they staged the last one so that she could vanish without any fear of suspicion, even staging the A man encounter , so that it would appear she fell into the hands of the Ripper..
            Of course over the years the whole theory is now nonsense..
            Many flaws for example . Who was A man [ another accomplice]
            Maybe it was Fenian related.
            Who knows?
            Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              With a slight modification the theory becomes a lot less silly. Suppose that Mary Kelly and Joseph Barnett killed a woman and mutilated her so that she couldn't be properly identified, and thus pass for MJK. After all, only Barnett was able to identify the corpse, and apparently he could only do so from the eyes. The eyes, without eyelids - meaning they wouldn't have looked like MJK's eyes at all, whether that was the real MJK or not

The police would have no motive for arranging such a hoax, but MJK might, for personal reasons. This would also explain why Caroline Maxwell insists she saw MJK hours after the proposed time of death. It would also explain the facial mutilations, quite different from anything done to previous victims, and these particular mutilations almost seem to have been made specifically to complicate identification.

This is a theory that I don't dismiss, rather than a theory I believe. It's mostly conjecture. I don't buy MJK as a Ripper victim in any event, though.
              Hi,
              Well my original idea was also based around the sighting of Kelly, the murder being indoors instead of on the street, the long gap between Eddowes and Kelly'so murders, the strange going on's at the inquest and that blasted key and kicking the door down fiasco.
              But the only motive I could come up with for a Police put up job, was simply a training exercise in future such events....ie crime scene detection.

Regards.

Comment

Just a thought about most ridiculous suspects.

As I say, just a thought.
                With the 100+ suspects we have, we have some "Gentlemen", for instance, the Queens Grandson, Gull, Druitt and others.

Think about it, unless there really were two of them, who the hell would want to hang around Bucks row, Dorset st and so on, considering they were supposed to be mean streets, lowest of the low and so on, could you see any of the aforementioned hanging around these place late at night, I wouldn't do it nowadays let alone back then.

Even though armed with sharp knives and so on, could someone like, well, any of them, take on a hardened Eastender or thug?

I suggest not, not forgetting of course that they could also run into one of the gangs in the area.

Surely, JTR had good knowledge of the area, came from the area, lived in the area?

This we know to be the likeliest type of candidate anyway, I think we all know that it was highly likely NOT one of the above or anyone like them.

Hasn't it got to be the roughest toughest suspect on the block, or just one of the many Sailors who can kill and then, vanish at will?

If we discount the "Gentlemen" types and the honest working class type who have no time for this sort of thing then, what are we left with?

Probably 80 suspects, there that's helped!

Who knows, just a thought.

Ridiculous suspects eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  Heres a ridiculous theory for you:

Tumblety is trying to collect uterus for his specimen collection-hence the story of the American doctor trying to procure them through the hospitals. That fails of course.

So when he gets to London and sets up shop he meets Chapman through there similar jobs-Barber and quack dr-and ask if he knows how to get them, and hes willing to pay very well.

chapman takes matters into his own hands.

Crazy theory? I don't really think so. and apparently Abberline didn't think so either.
                  One would have to wonder why Kelly's womb was not taken if Tumblety had anything to do with it.

Comment

How about the idea that a group of landlords decided to off some prostitutes near their properties so they could charge people to look at the crime scene. Made money out of a crime museum of sorts by committing the crimes. Hanbury St owners made a killing...
                    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by albie View Post
                      One would have to wonder why Kelly's womb was not taken if Tumblety had anything to do with it.
                      hi Albie
                      because chapman had already gotten two for him, and T wanted something else.
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Well it is vague as to if he took Kelly's heart. A guy I know said they found several body parts in Tumblety's home. I don't if that is true.

I would wonder why the killer went to the trouble of mutilating the victims if he was just on a shopping spree for organs. I suppose he may well have been unhinged.

Comment

Originally posted by albie View Post
                          Well it is vague as to if he took Kelly's heart. A guy I know said they found several body parts in Tumblety's home. I don't if that is true.

I would wonder why the killer went to the trouble of mutilating the victims if he was just on a shopping spree for organs. I suppose he may well have been unhinged.
                          It's called overkill. JtR went beyond what was needed to secure organs from a dead body.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                            It's called overkill. JtR went beyond what was needed to secure organs from a dead body.
                            I would say it was well into the area of putting organs at risk of damage before harvesting.

And for what its worth, regarding the OP, I find any theory based on wordgames, squinting at oil paintings, or cramming assumptions between the lines of a poem to be very silly.
                            There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Originally posted by TomTomKent View Post
                              I would say it was well into the area of putting organs at risk of damage before harvesting.
                              No doubt and if we ever saw what he took away, it was probably in pieces.

Comment

I think Dr John Williams is up there in the ridiculous stakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X