No announcement yet.

Congrats England!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I was getting ready for a big Sunday actually.. But yes, well done Croatia, they found extra gears in the second half that I didn't think they had. Gotta support them now. France winning the world cup? It mustn't be allowed!

Comment

England were overhyped. They beat poor teams (Tunisia & Panama) to qualify, scraped through against Columbia, and saw off a workmanlike Swedish team. Had the best teams actually shown up England never would've had a sniff at the final.

Comment

I once saw a shop proclaiming "J Smith & Sons, Reliable Paternity Tests." The next time I saw it, "& Sons" had been crossed out.

Comment

I'm putting the blame at Harry Kane's door two good chances to score a second goal and he blew both chances. If he's as good as everyone says he is then surely he'd have scored one of them? To be a World class goal scorer you surely need to score those big chances in World Cup Semi Finals.

Comment

Im not a football fan but Kane could certainly have presented Stirling with an open goal in the first half to make it 2-0.

I’d have played Rashford instead of Stirling though. Stirling is quick but not much else.

On a positive note they are a young team that could improve.

Does anyone else get fed up with seeing footballers from all teams diving around and pretending to be injured? Football never makes any effort to clamp down on this. Football fans should be embarrassed about this but they appear to accept the cheating as part and parcel of the game
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

It all ties in with the modern hysterical debasement of language. The England players are 'heroes.' No, they wouldn't have been heroes even if they'd won the World Cup. The British divers who got the kids out are heroes - and they deny that they are!

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                England were overhyped. They beat poor teams (Tunisia & Panama) to qualify, scraped through against Columbia, and saw off a workmanlike Swedish team. Had the best teams actually shown up England never would've had a sniff at the final.
                Hi harry
                I disagree. While its true they had an easier path than most, they almost just beat one of the best teams in the world.

Theyve got a good eclectic mix of players, a good goalie and solid coaching.

Theyre tough, resiliant and fought hard till the end. Theyve got stones, literally and figuratively. Lol.

England can be proud.
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                  Im not a football fan but Kane could certainly have presented Stirling with an open goal in the first half to make it 2-0.

I’d have played Rashford instead of Stirling though. Stirling is quick but not much else.

On a positive note they are a young team that could improve.

Does anyone else get fed up with seeing footballers from all teams diving around and pretending to be injured? Football never makes any effort to clamp down on this. Football fans should be embarrassed about this but they appear to accept the cheating as part and parcel of the game
                  Totally agree. Its a flop fest.
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Great fun!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                    X