No announcement yet.

Kidney - for and against

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Fisherman......Sam opened a DISCUSSION on the above topic.....I know my eyesight is not what it was, but I read it as Kidney- for and against. NOT "ask Fisherman"......who made you the authority on Stride.Yes, I do side with Tom, I am interested to read his thoughts and indeed others thoughts on the topic of the thread which you have hijacked into,what has now become, four pages of a slanging match,which I have no intention of joining in on.Hopefully Tom can come back and restart the thread,so we can all get back to JTR,as he seems to have a balanced view of her murder.

Comment

or indeed, anyone else who would care to restart it properly and sensibly please, ......lets just get back to discussing Liz.

Comment

Anna!

This IS getting annoying! Tom has done it, Dan Norder has done it and now you are doing it; asking who made me the authority on Stride.
        There is only one answer to that question, is there not: As long as we cannot solve the riddle of how she died, there is no telling who got it right or wrong. Maybe we all got it wrong, ultimately.

You think that Tom has a balanced view of the Stride killing. Good for you! But I´m afraid that view of his is not necessarily the truth. Toms view may just as well be wrong, and if it is, it is of little use to state, after finding out, that it all seemed so balanced. Also, if you care to take a look at the correspondance between Tom and me, you will find expressions like dumbass, crackpot and liar, just as you will find suggestions of sending hungry chihuahuas up peoples asses. You will also find that those expressions are not balanced inbetween us, so if it is balance you are looking for, then maybe Tom is not the place to go. Just a suggestion, mind you ...

Moreover, DEBATING the issues connected to the Ripper is what these boards are all about, if I am not mistaken. Meaning that when you think that I "hijack" into threads that rightfully belong to Tom and his hangaraounds, I have more of a feeling that what I am doing is to criticize his and other posters views when I think that such criticism is necessary.
        If you choose to go about your own doings on Casebook by applauding Tom, then that is your choice, and I will in no way blame you for it - as long as you leave it up to me to mind my own business the way I choose to.

I am sorry if you feel that I tried to make you join "a slanging match" in my former post to you. But I honestly found especially that last suggestion of yours - that the ONLY reason that you could think of as an explanation to why Kidney may want to kill Stride, was that she had played a padlock trick on him - so strange, that I could not help but to react. If you think it rude, I sincerely apologize. If that is how you see it, that´s okay by me.

The best, Anna!
        Fisherman

Comment

Oh, Anna, and one more thing. Since you state that I "hijacked" this thread, it should perhaps be pointed out that I was the first one to respond to Sams original question. My first post to the thread was in fact the second one altogether on the topic.
          So I really don´t see how I could be the hijacker here. If you want to elaborate on it, you are welcome. If not, let´s drop it, shall we?

The best, Anna
          Fisherman

Comment

hi all

Hi Tom

Thanks for those posts - regardless of our differing opinions I do realise that you have a lot more JtR knowledge than myself, so it's nice to know you haven't dismissed me out of hand just because we don't agree. Although I do admire the fact that you manage to insult and compliment in the same paragraph!

Hi Anna

You state that Fisherman has hijacked the thread - I don't believe that he has done anything of the sort. I find his posts informative, enjoyable and literate, probably a lot more so than mine and English is my first language.

I personally believe Tom and Fisherman thrive on their exchanges, I would even go as far as to say there is a grudging respect there.

thanks
            tj
            It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

Originally posted by TJI
              Thanks for those posts - regardless of our differing opinions I do realise that you have a lot more JtR knowledge than myself, so it's nice to know you haven't dismissed me out of hand just because we don't agree.
              Of course I wouldn't dismiss you out of hand. I know you to be a good guy. But you do have your facts wrong. When you get them straight, perhaps you and I will no longer agree. That is my hope.

Originally posted by TJI
              I personally believe Tom and Fisherman thrive on their exchanges, I would even go as far as to say there is a grudging respect there.
              I assure you that what motivates the firey exchanges between Fisherman and myself is pure angry lust for each other. Nothing more.

As for Fisherman hijacking Stride threads, I suppose the same accusation could be leveled at me. I imagine AP's and Glenn's occassional interventions on Fish's behalf give the appearance of a dominating clique on these threads, but the fact that very few OTHER people bother to post intelligently on these threads is - to my mind - the major reason why they sometimes turn into the The Tom & Fisherman show. Personally, I would love to see more input from folks like Sam Flynn, Monty, Dan Norder, Gavin Bromley, Grey Hunter, Caz, Chris Phillips, Scott Nelson, etc. I'm sure Fisherman would agree.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by anna View Post
                Hi Fisherman......Sam opened a DISCUSSION on the above topic.....I know my eyesight is not what it was, but I read it as Kidney- for and against. NOT "ask Fisherman"......who made you the authority on Stride.Yes, I do side with Tom, I am interested to read his thoughts and indeed others thoughts on the topic of the thread which you have hijacked into,what has now become, four pages of a slanging match,which I have no intention of joining in on.Hopefully Tom can come back and restart the thread,so we can all get back to JTR,as he seems to have a balanced view of her murder.
                So you mean, that if the thread was named 'Ask Tom', things would be oki doki?
                Apparently your view on this, is that it is all right as long as Tom holds a monologue without any opposing views?
                Yeah, I am sure he would love that.
                Get real, Anna.

All the best
                The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

'The Tom and Fisherman Show'.
                  I love that.

Actaully, who needs books when one can read this hilarious stuff? This is entertainment on highest level - I am going to cancel my digital TV subscription immediately.

All the best
                  The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wescott
                    When you get them straight, perhaps you and I will no longer agree.
                    Gyuh. I meant to say 'you and I will no longer disagree'.

Originally posted by Glenn Lauritz Andersson
                    Apparently your view on this, is that it is all right as long as Tom holds a monologue without any opposing views?
                    Yeah, I am sure he would love that.
                    Actually, I've learned quite a lot over the years from opposing viewpoints and will no doubt continue to do so. Just hasn't happened much on the Stride threads recently.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• The problem with Tom is that come hell or high water he wants - and needs - Liz Stride to have been murdered by a person known to history as Jack the Ripper... and anyone who argues against this entrenched and finacially based bias is the enemy.
                      I don't believe this is a basis for reasonable and fair discussion.
                      Tom has made some massive errors in his undertakings in regard to Stride, particularly in regard to Le Grand and the Whitechapel Vigilance groups, and he would best advised to listen to his critics now, rather than later when he has written and published his tome, and ends up with the same reputation as dear old Trevor and Co.
                      Still he can always make his precious money by speaking then, just like Trev and Co... and seeing how much I would like to throw carrots at him I still might book him for my next birthday bash.
                      'ow much is it, Tom?
                      5 grand for a bucket of Le Grand?
                      Cheque in post.

Comment

• More misinformation...ho hum....does anyone actually believe that my views and research is financially motivated? If so, they're painfully ignorant of Ripperology. And you would probably be the only person to compare my work to Trevor's, AP.

In any event, I'm not on this thread arguing the Ripper as Liz's killer, but arguing AGAINST Kidney as her killer.

It has nothing to do with Charles Le Grand...although since it was probably Le Grand who took Kidney to the police station, and therefore probably him who gave Kidney the half-baked theory he hinted at at the inquest, and since Le Grand looked like Pipeman, it might just be tantalizing to theorize that Le Grand puppetmastered the Stride murder, using an angry Kidney as his instrument. Thanks AP!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Tom,

'ow much is it, Tom?
                          5 grand for a bucket of Le Grand?

Don't be a fool, Tom--grab the 5 (le) grand! And if Tom's not interested, AP, then, I will gladly dodge carrots for a like sum while discoursing on any topic of your choosing. I have done worse for less.

Don.
                          "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

• Tom Wescott writes:
                            "the fact that very few OTHER people bother to post intelligently on these threads is - to my mind - the major reason why they sometimes turn into the The Tom & Fisherman show. Personally, I would love to see more input from folks like Sam Flynn, Monty, Dan Norder, Gavin Bromley, Grey Hunter, Caz, Chris Phillips, Scott Nelson, etc. I'm sure Fisherman would agree."

That I would, Tom. In fact, I find very little to disagree on in these lines of yours, but for the fact that you misuse your alphabetic insights when you speak of "The Tom & Fisherman show"...

The best, still!
                            Fisherman

Comment

• Don, just to warn you, I was planning to fire the carrots out of my thirty pounder, and then to rake the bounder with me poop gun loaded with sour grapes.
                              All that might be left is a few grape stalks in me bilges.

Comment

• Hi Fisherman, Thanks for answering my post,and for pointing out that you were the first to reply to Sam's post.You are,of course, correct in what you say that in relation to Stride,unless anything else is revealed relating to her murder none of us have any definate answers,who knows what information has been lost over the passage of time. I was just interested to read Tom's viewpoint,and to read yours also,except there seemed to be more of his than yours....It is purely a personal opinion,but if Jack didn't kill Liz,I think he'd have used the situation to goad the police and remind them of,what he would see,as their incompetence at not recognising that it was not his work. My apologies if I offended you or Glenn,that was not my intention,I just wanted to continue the thread and was fed up of the bickering that was holding up the discussion.By the way........I am not a chum of Tom's....but it would be a bit boring if we didn't hold different views on the subject of JTR,so felt it a bit unfair that he was being criticised for his opinion,that's all. Regards. Anna.

Comment

Working...
                                X