No announcement yet.

Pearly Poll's Husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more that I hear of Fogarty, with his ungovernable temper, the more suspicious I become of him. The knife attack on the woman by a ‘blind lace seller’ would be a considerable coincidence if it wasn’t Fogarty. He’s at least indirectly linked to Tabram through Poll. At the very least he’s a strong candidate for Tabram’s murder.

If he wasn’t blind.........
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

In 1901 Millicent was at 474 Cable St with her dad and siblings. Her mum was in the London Hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
        The more that I hear of Fogarty, with his ungovernable temper, the more suspicious I become of him. The knife attack on the woman by a ‘blind lace seller’ would be a considerable coincidence if it wasn’t Fogarty. He’s at least indirectly linked to Tabram through Poll. At the very least he’s a strong candidate for Tabram’s murder.

If he wasn’t blind.........
        I'd hate to stretch Foggy's case beyond reason, but I don't see his blindness as any kind of a problem.

I just wish I could find his post-1888 criminal record. I've found him in the Wandsworth registers and on the 1891 census, but the only court calendars I've found are from the 1870s, before he joined the army.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
          In 1901 Millicent was at 474 Cable St with her dad and siblings. Her mum was in the London Hospital.
          Thanks, Rob.

Her mum hadn't been attacked by a vicious blind beggar by any chance? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
            I'd hate to stretch Foggy's case beyond reason, but I don't see his blindness as any kind of a problem.

I just wish I could find his post-1888 criminal record. I've found him in the Wandsworth registers and on the 1891 census, but the only court calendars I've found are from the 1870s, before he joined the army.
            I’ve just re-read my own post Gary and I may have been unclear. When I said
            “If he wasn’t blind “ i meant ‘if he wasn’t blind he would have made a good ripper suspect.’ I genuinely think that he could have been Tabram’s killer.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
              I’ve just re-read my own post Gary and I may have been unclear. When I said
              “If he wasn’t blind “ i meant ‘if he wasn’t blind he would have made a good ripper suspect.’ I genuinely think that he could have been Tabram’s killer.
              Ah, I see it now. 🤓

Comment

Working...
              X