Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did investigators start watching Kozminski?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
    I believe in MO changes. The more we learn about SKs the more it becomes apparent they can change MO and one reason for changing MO is the heat from police.

Chapman has a small collection of books. One book banned until the 1960s was Aristotles 'Works'. It contains 'family physician' material. Midwifery.

With images like this...

Flaps galore too.
    I am also a believer in MO changes - but that owes more to how I think that many of todaysī fledgling serialists have learnt from history how changing the MO will have advantages when it comes to staying undetected. Changing MO and keeping on the move will allow many serial killers to stay clear from the police, that is my belief.

In 1888, that sort of information was not there, and so I donīt think Chapman will have thought along those lines.

I therefore have large problems accepting the kind of MO changes I am asked to. Itīs too big and too unsavoury a pill for my taste. Not least since he changed from eviscerator to poisoner! If it had been the other way around, it would have been marginally simpler to accept. But as it stands, itīs a complete non-starter in my book.

Chapman was a field or barber surgeon. Is it not likely that a person with that background may have kept books with the kind of pictures you speak of? I believe, working from memory, that Thomas Cutbush also had an interest in these kinds of pictures. He had a lot less reason to have them.
    It is interesting, I admit that. But I think that the victorian society was one where there was a large interest in anatomical matters, as proven by the many anatomical wax museums, educating many working class people about such things.
    Last edited by Fisherman; 10-10-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• An early manual on sex and pregnancy banned from sale in the UK for more than 200 years will go under the hammer this month.

Comment

• Will you be bidding, Robert?
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

No two serial killers will simultaneously cut the belly open all the way, pluck out uteri and cut away the abdominal wall in large flaps. It just does not happen.
          And no serial killer has , by complete fluke , found that his last two victims out of five (which is still the opinion of the overwhelming majority)were both using the same false name on the night in question .
          No serial killer has carefully removed a kidney in complete darkness, on his knees in the rain, in a few short minutes ....
          It just doesn't happen

JTR can not and should never be compared to a serial killer
          The idea that this was one man running around with a knife doesn't fit the known evidence

Once people step outside the box to think they may wake up and smell the coffee

In Northern Ireland through the seventies and eighties there were two series of killings in the same small country at the same time .
          They would have been similar in nature but not identical..... nobody would ever suggest they were carried out by the same hand

JTR and the torso murders are examples of 'series of killings'..... not a serial killer in the way most people think
          Last edited by packers stem; 10-10-2018, 01:10 PM.
          You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

No, I did not. I objected to any inference that I personally would have said that it was a done deal. The two cases are of great interest for reasons given, but that is all that has been said by me.

Please, please, please donīt misrepresent what I say. It has gone way too far way too many times, and ought not be repeated once more.
            Yes,I certainly agree it has gone too far, you have not been misrepresented in the slightest.

my post 119 merely said some supporters of Lechmere propose that the torso's not only are linked to the whitechapel series but did not finish in 1889 as Abby had posted.

It is an undeniable fact that such suggestions have been made, there was no suggestion that you had made any such comments, and then it was claimed I had twisted the reply to infer you denied that the inclusion of later victims was possible:

"how on earth can you twist that into a denial on my behalf that the bodies can be included in a possible count...?"

When actually I said the exact opposite:

"I see however from your remarks that you are actually not denying that later Bodies are indeed includied in the possible count, why then the objection? "

Because of that we get all this detracting from the debate. I truly despair!

Steve
            Last edited by Elamarna; 10-10-2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
              Yes,I certainly agree it has gone too far, you have not been misrepresented in the slightest.

my post 119 merely said some supporters of Lechmere propose that the torso's not only are linked to the whitechapel series but did not finish in 1889 as Abby had posted.

It is an undeniable fact that such suggestions have been made, yet because of that we get all this detracting from the debate. i truly despair.

Steve
              You are either a bit slow when it comes to understanding written language or deliberately leading astray here.

You wrote "Your previous post objected most strongly to my comment that some supporters of Lechmere claim murders upto 1899 may be by the same hand."

I VERY clearly said that I have NOT objected to any other matter than how I felt I was included in the tally of people you regarded as having claimed that Lechmere killed up to 1899.

So do not move the goalposts, if you please.

What I say stands: I personally believe that the two dead women found in Regents Canal are interesting since Charles Lechmere had a stall nearby.

That is MY view, and I am not commenting on how others may feel. Therefore I cannot possibly have "objected very strongly" about your ideas about what they think.

I am sure that you can give twisting this matter a go too - you are quite resourceful in that department, it would seem.

No matter what response you deliver (I only rule out an apology on your behalf for having misunderstood me), this is all I have to say about the matter. It markedly differs from what you claim I have said, and that is why I point it out.

Comment

You are either a bit slow when it comes to understanding written language or deliberately leading astray here.

You wrote "Your previous post objected most strongly to my comment that some supporters of Lechmere claim murders upto 1899 may be by the same hand."

I VERY clearly said that I have NOT objected to any other matter than how I felt I was included in the tally of people you regarded as having claimed that Lechmere killed up to 1899.

So do not move the goalposts, if you please.

What I say stands: I personally believe that the two dead women found in Regents Canal are interesting since Charles Lechmere had a stall nearby.

That is MY view, and I am not commenting on how others may feel. Therefore I cannot possibly have "objected very strongly" about your ideas about what they think.

I am sure that you can give twisting this matter a go too - you are quite resourceful in that department, it would seem.

No matter what response you deliver (I only rule out an apology on your behalf for having misunderstood me), this is all I have to say about the matter. It markedly differs from what you claim I have said, and that is why I point it out.
                You objected to the comment, which for some reason you chose to beleive included you.
                And that is exactly what I posted, so it is not I who has misunderstood what was written.

in post 133 you acknowledge there were two other bodies which were of interest, which i commented on in post 134, and wondered why you were therefore objecting to the original post 119, which did not refer to your good self at all.

It seems that maybe with have both misunderstood each other to a degree.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                  And no serial killer has , by complete fluke , found that his last two victims out of five (which is still the opinion of the overwhelming majority)were both using the same false name on the night in question .
                  No serial killer has carefully removed a kidney in complete darkness, on his knees in the rain, in a few short minutes ....
                  It just doesn't happen

The idea that this was one man running around with a knife doesn't fit the known evidence

In Northern Ireland through the seventies and eighties there were two series of killings in the same small country at the same time .
                  They would have been similar in nature but not identical..... nobody would ever suggest they were carried out by the same hand

JTR and the torso murders are examples of 'series of killings'..... not a serial killer in the way most people think
                  Can you elaborate more, please? Also, are you talking about the Shankill Butchers?
                  Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Not my cup of tea, Simon. Besides, the Telegraph article is five years old.

It would have been a bit more interesting if it had, "George Chapman, his book" on the flyleaf.

And even more interesting if it had "To George, best wishes from Aristotle" too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                      The Whitechapel murders were not the work of a serial killer. That idea is folklore, not history.
                      Simon, can you please explain what you mean by this. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                        Not my cup of tea, Simon. Besides, the Telegraph article is five years old.

It would have been a bit more interesting if it had, "George Chapman, his book" on the flyleaf.

And even more interesting if it had "To George, best wishes from Aristotle" too.
                        Rhyming slang?

Aris(totle) = Bottle = Bottle and glass = Arse?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                          You objected to the comment, which for some reason you chose to beleive included you.
                          And that is exactly what I posted, so it is not I who has misunderstood what was written.

in post 133 you acknowledge there were two other bodies which were of interest, which i commented on in post 134, and wondered why you were therefore objecting to the original post 119, which did not refer to your good self at all.

It seems that maybe with have both misunderstood each other to a degree.

Steve
                          I cannot remember when I last had an exchange with you that did not involve "misunderstandings", Steve. For some peculiar reason, they pop up alongside you whenever you surface. And when I point it out, you serve up looooong and complex posts that essentially make things worse. Inevitably, this results in how the topic being initially discussed is altered for a meta-discussion that has nothing at all to do with what should be discussed.

I really canīt be bothered any further about it this time. All I am saying and trying to get through is that whatever comments I am making about the relevance of the two dead women in Regentīs Canal, these comments serve the purpose of describing MY take on things. And when you now write that I "acknowledge" that they are of interest, I am not even going to care about how you make that sound as if I had earlier denied it or not commented on my stance about it.

If you want to describe it all as an instance of us both getting things wrong, then fine. I just wish that there was some sort of debate possible between us that did not end up like this, but it would seem that is a forlorn hope.

I have said all I am going to say about the matter, and spent all the time on it that I will allow for. If you have more to say, and want me to comment on it, I will therefore apologize in advance for not doing so. Enough is enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                            It just doesn't happen

If there was not a serial killer - or two serial killers - then there will have been a number of eviscerating killers around.
                            How many of them were there, Packers? And who killed which victim?

And if no serial killer can remove a kidney ā la the Eddowes murder (which did not take place "in complete darkness") - who can? And did? Please donīt tell me it happened at the morgue!
                            Last edited by Fisherman; 10-10-2018, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I am also a believer in MO changes - but that owes more to how I think that many of todaysī fledgling serialists have learnt from history how changing the MO will have advantages when it comes to staying undetected. Changing MO and keeping on the move will allow many serial killers to stay clear from the police, that is my belief. In 1888, that sort of information was not there, and so I donīt think Chapman will have thought along those lines.
                              MO changes have been going on since the dawn of crime. We know criminals can change from one type of crime to another. Rap sheets are a testament to it. The question was if a very tiny segment of a low probability criminal called a serial killer would do it also.

It wasn't until the early 80s that the US made attempts to link many unsolved crimes to a common hand. So we have really only been collecting data scientifically of SKs now for roughly 40 years. In the last decade of that MO changes with SKs is becoming more obvious. This isn't because it's moderns times. It is because of our lateness in becoming aware of this expensive problem to the tax-payer (each SK can cost the State millions). They change MO for a lot of reasons but the main suspected reason is that they are going to be caught if they continue.

I therefore have large problems accepting the kind of MO changes I am asked to. Itīs too big and too unsavoury a pill for my taste. Not least since he changed from eviscerator to poisoner!
                              BTK, Dennis Rader, changed his MO. He stopped murdering families and woman living alone and became an arrogant compliance officer. He would treat people like crap, have their dogs put down, chase them out of the neighborhood and all done legally. The last victim was 1991 the year he took this job and there were no more murder victims. He was caught in 2005.

The Zodiac changed his MO from shooting couples in cars or near them to shooting taxi drivers. Then in a letter said he would completely change his MO and no more Zodiac murders (maybe one) were heard of again.

Joseph James DeAngelo had 3 MO changes. Visalia Ransacker. East Area Rapist. Original Night Stalker. They weren't even linked officially. EAR and ONS were eventually linked with DNA. He was linked to VR after he was caught. Yet some thought all 3 linked, but I am talking official positions.

If it had been the other way around, it would have been marginally simpler to accept. But as it stands, itīs a complete non-starter in my book.
                              Just like BTK. If he started off as a compliance officer harassing people and then became BTK, it would make more sense to you. But becoming BTK first and then a nasty compliance officer would be a non-starter for you.

Let's actually get to the heart of what we are talking about. THE SIGNATURE not MO. MO is simply a means to an end. The emotional need, the signature is what they want to do. Getting there by any means is fine. So MO can change to get there. MOs adapt as the SK becomes more familiar with their crimes. So MOs even change there. It's the change of signature, that is most concerning. From ripping up women to ... poisoning them. The question one should ask, is if this was sufficient for their signature. Was it enough emotional satisfaction. For BTK, just harassing people and being able to do it legally seemed to get him by. He had found a new signature that satisfied him.

Chapman was a field or barber surgeon. Is it not likely that a person with that background may have kept books with the kind of pictures you speak of? I believe, working from memory, that Thomas Cutbush also had an interest in these kinds of pictures. He had a lot less reason to have them.
                              It is interesting, I admit that. But I think that the victorian society was one where there was a large interest in anatomical matters, as proven by the many anatomical wax museums, educating many working class people about such things.
                              Chapman had a small collection of books. I believe I have even read a list of stuff that was taken from him home somewhere and the Arisitotle works are listed. He also had a book called 'My Experiences as an Executioner' about hangmen and the rest were all medical books. As you can see from the images I posted, one of those books has illustrations of torsos, legless, flesh flaps open to reveal wombs and is a pretty warped book by today's standards because the author was partially guessing at many things. I think this can't be just overlooked given his position as a Ripper candidate. Heck, he even dressed like a sailor at his trial.

Comment

• Gary, it was actually "Harris Totle" which was a name that Harry Harris sometimes used. To add to his medical credentials he sometimes called himself "Galen" but desisted when neighbours started calling him "Gay Len."

Comment

Working...
                                X