Different Killers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Killers

today I believe the murders were performed by different killers...

there is no real evidence that Elizabeth Stride and Catherine Eddowes were attacked by the same person...

and Mary Jane Kelly was killed in a completely different way than any of the others...

acute

Hello Chris. Thanks for posting that.

Acute observation.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Interesting. Are we talking about two, three, five or more killers, do you think?

I am beginning to wonder about Kelly being killed by a former husband, friend or even a relative with a grudge...
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
        I am beginning to wonder about Kelly being killed by a former husband, friend or even a relative with a grudge...
        I agree insomuch that MJK's murder suggests some kind of personal relationship between victim and murderer. Bear in mind that doesn't necessarily rule out the Ripper, though. It would've also had to have been someone who derived pleasure from dissecting the body. I've read 'copycat' theorists argue that the overkill of MJK betrays someone trying too hard to resemble the Ripper. Firstly, before Eddowes, the Ripper never displayed such gratuitous violence, let alone anything on that level, and I'll say it again, whoever spends the night skinning and eviscerating a victim does it out of their own perversions, not for any kind of subterfuge.

At the risk of repeating myself, I can't rule Stride in or out. However, I'm more inclined to think that she was a Ripper victim. The proximity between her murder and Eddowes' is simply impossible to ignore. The Ripper goes quiet for three weeks, then suddenly two women are knifed in one night? Stride's throat was also slashed and her body positioned in such a way as to avoid blood-splatter. If Stride and Eddowes weren't Ripper victims, were they murdered by the same man? If they weren't, then it's an incredible coincidence that two unrelated knife assaults happen to two women less than an hour within each other. Oh, and one of them happens to have her guts pulled out like the first two. Yet neither of them are connected to the local murderer who was on the loose.

I quite like the popular idea that Stride's murder was interrupted and the killer took his frustration out on Eddowes (hence the sudden facial mutilation). If Stride was killed by the Ripper before he could perform the post-mortem mutilation, I'd imagine that's akin to coitus interruptus for a serial killer. In that respect, it's no wonder he went to town on Eddowes.
        Last edited by Harry D; 02-12-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I think the same killer probably ripped Annie Chapman and Catherine Eddowes...

Comment

I don't think 2 murders in London on the same night both involving knives is any evidence of the same killer...

Comment

^ What Harry said. I'm firmly in the "one guy for pretty much all of 'em" camp, with doubts about Stride, and suspicions about Tabram.

Too many points in common. And the ones who were mutilated or slashed around the pubic region show definite signs of 1-2-3-4 progression, evolution, getting more daring and violent as he gathered experience.

** This said, I'm happy to argue different killers and see what happens. Believing a thing doesn't mean I can't disagree with it now and then.
              Last edited by Ausgirl; 02-12-2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

too many un-coincidences too...locations, times, methods...different knives were used...
                throats were slashed...yes

Comment

I am surprised that anybody could walk down the sidewalk in Whitechapel in the Fall of 1888. It must have been absolutely clogged with right handed uterus takers, left handed kidney takers, ambidextrous heart takers, indoor throat slashers, outdoor throat slashers, face cutters, intestine takers, abdomen slashers, eye nickers, personal relationship killers, random killers. You name it, they all somehow ended up in Whitechapel. Amazing.

c.d.

Comment

"and Mary Jane Kelly was killed in a completely different way than any of the others..."

In what way was it different specifically?

c.d.

Comment

Hello Harry,

What makes you think Mary's murder was personal?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismasonic View Post
                        too many un-coincidences too...locations, times, methods...different knives were used...
                        throats were slashed...yes
                        Are you being serious? They weren't stacked like cordwood in the one place, sure thing... They also weren't all killed at the same precise stroke of the clock, yep....

Throats were cut.. but there's far more to it that, jeez.

They were not all wearing the same coloured knickers, either.

Comment

The proof of the pudding . . .

Hello CD. Fewer eggs next pudding, eh?

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

What are the odds of having two lunatics killing people in such a small area?
                            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

lunatic

Hello Jason. Thanks.

Why must one, the other or both be lunatics?

Do you think that EVERY unsolved knife killing of a woman between 1887 and 1891 in London was by the same hand? If not, then you, too, believe in multiple hands.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Working...
                              X