No announcement yet.

Rip Don Souden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know Don but I'd like to extend my condolences to his family and friends. He was obviously a well respected and much liked guy.

I'd like to read some of his work if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Regards
    Herlock
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Such sad news, Don will be missed for sure....Paul's idea was fantastic....he should be remembered that way!!

RIP Don, and thank you for sharing this planet with us...it was a pleasure

Steadmund Brand
      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Sorry to hear he has died, but at least he won't be imprisoned by his illness anymore.

Jeff

Comment

Thank you for being that link between us and supe, Archiac.

That this day has been a possibility for so long doesn't make it any less saddening now it's here.

An excellent idea, Paul.
          “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

I never met Don, but am very sad to hear of his passing, especially as he was held in such high regard by those who did know him. R.I.P.
            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Don's Final Wishes

Hi everyone.

I spoke with Don's sister. Don's nieces, nephew and she are taking it hard. She had planned to fly to Connecticut visit him this fall.

She told me Don's final wish was to be cremated and have his ashes scattered in a forgotten old graveyard he had discovered on his rambles. I think it dates to Colonial times, the 1600s-1700s.

Paul, Don would be very pleased and proud to have a compilation of his writings put together. His sister agrees that he'd love it.

I miss Supe very much, but I bet he's having a swell time learning the answers to all of History's mysteries - from Jack the Ripper to the American Civil War to the history of Baseball. He's probably already pounding away on his typewriter, excited that he got the big scoop!

Comment

Best Wishes,
                Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post

I miss Supe very much, but I bet he's having a swell time learning the answers to all of History's mysteries - from Jack the Ripper to the American Civil War to the history of Baseball. He's probably already pounding away on his typewriter, excited that he got the big scoop!
                  What a wonderful vision of Supe. I so enjoyed learning from him.

Don't you think he'd love to be able to tell us who JtR was? I bet he's "bursting at the seams" that he can't tell us.

curious

Comment

Originally posted by curious View Post
                    Don't you think he'd love to be able to tell us who JtR was?
                    He hasn't yet found out who the Ripper is. Knowing Don, he's too busy trying to reassure the likes of William Gull and Walter Sickert that they have absolutely no case to answer.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                      He hasn't yet found out who the Ripper is. Knowing Don, he's too busy trying to reassure the likes of William Gull and Walter Sickert that they have absolutely no case to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        Actually, I think he'd love to be the one to break the case.

Comment

So sorry to hear the news of Don's passing. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

Comment

RIP Don! Deepest sympathies to his Family & Friends!
                            Neil "Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it." - Santayana

Comment

Very sorry to hear about Dons passing. I have very fond memories of chatting to Supe in the Casebook chat-room back in the day. Great fella. Rest well my friend <3

Nicky
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              "We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. And there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."
                              - Ted Bundy

Comment

Don Souden's Final Resting Place

Hi everyone.

Don's family went back to Connecticut to spread his ashes near the small Colonial cemetery he found years ago on one of his rambles in the woods. They chose a private spot, shown in first photo.

After his ashes were spread Don's young nephew said, "It needs a cross." He found a stick, broke it in half, and made the wooden cross. I think it's beautiful in its simplicity.

Don's family asked me to thank all of you for your kind wishes.

Best regards,
                                Bunny

PS: Sorry I haven't replied to your personal messages. I'm recovering from multi-level cervical spine surgery (upper neck) & started Physical Therapy, which is exhausting. Had some big setbacks at first pain-wise, but it looks like we're on a more even keel now so I'm hoping to make progress.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X