Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Didn't the Police Have Schwartz and/or Lawende Take a Look at Hutchinson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks: "the man standing in the street was looking up the court as if waiting for someone to come out". Fine, but a sentence or two earlier Lewis is more specific: "When I went in the court I saw a man opposite the court in Dorset Street standing alone by the lodging house". This part of Lewis's statement provides the exact details about where "in the street" Wideawake Man was located.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
      If Fisherman wants to argue that the difference between Hutchinson's account of where he was and Lewis version of where her man was, is not the same, then Fisherman is correct, well done.

I have said it twice now. Well done. Hopefully, that is sufficient and won't require pages of essays to wade through of people reading Fisherman chastising me for it.

Now onto the real matter that is being avoided.

The variation between where Lewis saw her man and where Hutchinson claimed he was is but a few meters/feet away from each other.

Now the burden of proof is on Hutchinson detractors to explain how Lewis has seen a man in this extremely small area, the length and breadth of a room for two carts to pass by each other, where Hutchinson claimed to be... and that he was looking up the court. Which both Lewis and Hutchinson claim was going on.
      Unless you noticed, it´s discussion over. If you want to go on alone, be my guest.
      Last edited by Fisherman; 11-26-2018, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        You'll have noticed that Fisherman is at great pains to discredit any sighting of George Hutchinson that night. I wonder why...
        Maybe you can explain it to us, Harry? Be my guest!

Comment

Lewis corroborated Hutchinsson’s story. That she saw in a spot he had not himself mentioned is not relevant. He had also not mentioned that he wasn’t there.
          Ditto the attempt to place some sort of importance on Hutchinsson not mentioning Lewis. Not a sound argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
            Lewis corroborated Hutchinsson’s story. That she saw in a spot he had not himself mentioned is not relevant. He had also not mentioned that he wasn’t there.
            Ditto the attempt to place some sort of importance on Hutchinsson not mentioning Lewis. Not a sound argument.
            Exactly. While there is much about Hutchinson's story to question, we still have Lewis giving an account of seeing someone standing in a place where Hutchinson said he was, with a variation of a few meters, and 3/4 of a hour time spent there, doing the very thing she claimed he saw him doing. Appearing to observe the court.

We have a court observing man whatever way one tries to look at it.
            Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
              Unless you noticed, it´s discussion over. If you want to go on alone, be my guest.
              I think I should make something very clear to you because you have repeated this "discussion over" idea many times.

I discuss in an open forum for others to read, not just the person I am replying to.

So if you want to opt out, just opt out. No need to try to get me to discontinue or claim that this topic is over.

That's not your choice to make, thank you.

Comment

I think I should make something very clear to you because you have repeated this "discussion over" idea many times.

I discuss in an open forum for others to read, not just the person I am replying to.

So if you want to opt out, just opt out. No need to try to get me to discontinue or claim that this topic is over.

That's not your choice to make, thank you.
                It takes two to tango, Batman, and I ain´t dancing. That´s why it is discussion over. As I said, if you want to carry on on your own, please do so. I have made my point, and I think it was a point that must be made, since you were presenting misleading information out here.
                Just like you say, I don´t decide what calls people are allowed to make out here, but I DO decide my own calls, and I have no interest in any prolonged debate about distances, what a street is, how Hutchinson could have failed to see Lewis etcetera - I have participated in such discussions more times than I can count, and have no interest to add any more to that score.

I have done what I set out to do, and I am fine with that.

Comment

You haven't answered the question of Lewis seeing someone who can be associated with Hutchinson's claims that it was he was standing there looking up the court for 3/4 hour.

All you have done is debate a few meters of where he could be standing.

It is up to Hutchinson detractors to explain how Lewis is corroborating Hutchison, a man observing Miller's court passage, given she knew nothing about Hutchison nor that he would report himself to the police as standing in the area observing Miller's court.

Comment

Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
                    How can it be not relevant when a witness offers up information about where he has been standing? Because he could just as well have been on the other side? Or in the middle of the street? Or in Chelmsford?

There will always be relevance in how he did NOT at any stage confirm that he was ever on the other side of the road. If he had done so, I somehow don´t think you would have ruled THAT irrelevant.

As for how you say that it is not a sound argument to point pout that Hutchinson never corroborated Lewis´ story be mentioning her, I will let that stand for itself. Once again, if he HAD said that there was a woman passing into the court and if I had said that it would not be "sound" to conclude that this woman would have been Sarah Lewis, I very much doubt that you would have liked that argument.

Sadly the odds of getting things right will always be sky high as long as these kinds of "arguments" litter the boards.

I think that is about all I have to say about your contribution, Kattrup. But Batman is game for more, so you can perhaps speak to him instead.
                    Last edited by Fisherman; 11-26-2018, 04:26 AM.

Comment

You haven't answered the question of Lewis seeing someone who can be associated with Hutchinson's claims that it was he was standing there looking up the court for 3/4 hour.
                      How can the loiterer possibly be associated with the claim of having been in place at the corner of Millers Court for three quarters of an hour, Batman? As I understand things, Lewis put him outside Crossinghams for less than three quarters of a minute.

Now you have had your answer. Bye.

Comment

How can the loiterer possibly be associated with the claim of having been in place at the corner of Millers Court for three quarters of an hour, Batman? As I understand things, Lewis put him outside Crossinghams for less than three quarters of a minute.

Now you have had your answer. Bye.
                        It's amazing how you go from bellowing out how people will be brought to task for making mistakes and then suddenly when it comes to the crunch you want to take off after avoiding the question.

Lewis has a man standing outside of Miller's court looking up it.

Hutchinson claims to be standing outside of Miller's court looking up it.

You argue a trivial matter of a few steps as to where he was seen standing, but you have no explanation for both of these accounts coming from two different people who do not know each other.

That's called corroboration.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                          Hello Harry,

If the police had no reason to consider Hutch as a suspect then why does practically everyone on these boards consider his story and behavior highly suspicious?

c.d.
                          Hi cd
                          I think they probably just considered him another atten seeker ala packer and violenia.

Comment

I am not an expert on police procedure but wouldn't you have to have reasonable grounds for suspicion against someone before they could be put on an ID parade. Someone comes forward with a dodgy story isn't the case full of them. Maurice Lewis etc . Maybe Hutch looked nothing like Lawende or Schwartz suspect. Maybe by then Schwartz story wasn't entirely believed and Lawende was out of town [Commercial traveler]. Or maybe he had a cast iron alibi for, say the double event which he volunteered early on [Would you go the police after putting yourself in a compromising position without an alibi]. Or maybe the police didn't think that Jack would inject himself into the investigation like, Hutch did.
                            Last edited by Darryl Kenyon; 11-26-2018, 04:54 AM.

Comment

I would also hazard to guess that the police checked on Hutch early [the home he stayed etc] and realized he couldn't be Jack.

Comment

Maybe you can explain it to us, Harry? Be my guest!
                                Hutchinson is your main competitor in the witness-turned-suspect stakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X