View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 08:57 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Flower View Post
Talking of 'anal'ysis...

Steve, on an occasion many many years ago I had a couple of guests over from the US, academics, and hearing of my keen interest in the Whitechapel Murders they demanded a guided tour. I happily provided one, and we ended it, unsurprisingly, at the Ten Bells. This was way before the gentrification of Spitalfields had begun, and so you can imagine their surprise as we opened the door (this was a Monday lunchtime) and entered, to be greeted by the sight of a nude waif-like lady dancing erotically on a small platform in the middle of the floor, gyrating hypnotically in broad daylight for the pleasure of a handful of rather unhealthy looking middle aged men. We were literally greeted by the sight of her ass spread wide. I turned instantly red and began to apologise and usher my guests quickly out, thinking maybe the White Hart might provide less hormonal fare. However, I'd hardly begun my apology before they pushed past me into the pub with huge grins on their usually tweedy faces. "This is a genuine British pub experience! Awesome!" There wasn't much conversation over our pints, but they said it had been a truly memorable experience.

I'm sometimes sad about what is happening to Spitalfields now. Enjoy it while you can, I guess....

None of that now. But nice clean pub. Prices high but it is a tourist area.

Staff friendly. Been here 2 hours. Getting packed now. Off soon.

Actually useful day as regards Mitre square. Like to walk all the routes before I time them on maps. Let's me see what seems reasonable.

Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote