No announcement yet.

Torso Killings, Newspaper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking you further back in time now, here is a report I discovered in the Hull and North Lincolnshire Times, Sept 20th 1873. I doscovered the article whilst looking for article's relating to Robert D'Onston Stephenson.
    Attached Files
    Regards Mike

Comment

On September 30th 1873 this article appeared in the Hull and North Lincolnshire Times.
      Attached Files
      Regards Mike

Comment

Hull and East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Times, October 6th 1888
        Attached Files
        Regards Mike

Comment

Hull and east Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Times, October 13th 1888,
          Attached Files
          Regards Mike

Comment

Hull and East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Times, 20th Oct 1888,
            Attached Files
            Regards Mike

Comment

And up until now that is all folks, I hope it helps.
              Regards Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike, Much appreciated.
                allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

No problem buddy, I only have 75% of the reports from the Hull newspapers, which at present is about 500 cuttings, I hope to get the final newspaper printed off in the next couple of weeks.

The trawling through takes a couple of hours, its the organisation that follows which is a nightmare.
                  I cut and laminate each report, they are then dated and popped into a file.
                  This can take days or even weeks depending upon how much i get

I have quite a lot on
                  Deeming,
                  Sadler,
                  Robert D'Onston stephenson and family,
                  and lots of stuff on visits by Queen Victoria and family.
                  Including a massive file on the Royal Baccarat scandal!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to add these, Mike.
                    Much appreciated
                    Debs

Comment

No Problem Debs,

The hardest bit was standing up to the scanner, sitting down to edit the article, standing up etc...

I thought I had more, which are probably still in my black box of stuff to be sorted!
                      Regards Mike

Comment

Thanks for that, very interesting

Comment

Keep an open mind

You are wrong on that count (the rascist book), that is written by another person from another publishers from conspiracypenpal.com and has nothing to do with area 9 publishing. That is a fact.

I have read the other books from these publishers (bodybuilding books only at present, no rascism so far) and the books do not contain any info on home brewed steroids, if it does I missed it and even if it does so what? I doubt they will be including this in their book on Jack the Ripper, although you can never say never, maybe steriods were why Jack was so angry
                          It covers steroids because bodybuilders take steroids, fact of life so it is included in just one of their titles, the other titles focus on natural non-steroid ways of training to get bigger and healthier.

Anyway that is beyond the point. The catalouge of most publishers are not always what we would all read or like which does not mean that their other offerings will not be any good, publishers take on many different titles which is their job in the most part and does not define the publishers themselves.

Most of the books on Jack the Ripper have wild and invalid theories but people still buy, read and even enjoy them so I do not see why any one with an open mind would discount these books out of hand without even reading them.

If the books look a little outlandish from inital claims when I see them out for sale I will simply borrow it for free so I get to read it without spending money. Anyone can do that, in the UK at least. I for one have a mind open enough to read about different theories. I am not so ruled by my ego to believe that no one else could come up with a theory that I do not agree with that may not, still, be right or at least worth considering.

If I am right (maybe be wrong,thats life) the book 'eyes and ears,' or 'ears and eyes', cannot remember the title, also claimed that Mary Kelly was not a victim of Jack the Ripper and put a very good case for this, at least I thought so. I still think Kelly was a victim of JTR but who really knows. I don't know and niether really does anyone else for 100%. It is all theories, even if some are better than others we still have no proof either way.

Regarding who wrote the diary of JTR it would be interesting to see who they say did write it. They may not say it was JTR and they may have evidence of who wrote it in a recent period. That is interesting to me as I am one of the few people I guess who are interested in the diary and I passed on the info because I thought others may be open minded enough to also be interested in who wrote the diary and why.

Anyway enough of me writing, just thought I'd throw in my two pennies worth. When or if I get to read any of these books I'll post a honest review to let you know what I thought of it before anyone wastes their money on buying it.

Comment

And this has what to do with "Torso murders"???

I suspect you have the wrong thread Mr. The Knife
                            Regards Mike

Comment

I hadn't come across this one before, Mike, so I'll add it to your splendid Torso tally.
                              From the 'Daily News', 27th December 1900:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting that one, it seems that you couldn't move in London for dead bodies, mutilated, or just limbless!

I would love to know were you get all your newspaper reports from!!

Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X