Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blind Beggar closed down?

Ladies Gents,

Can anyone confirm for me whether the Blind Beggar has closed down perminantly? 😱

When you google it it’s listed as ‘permanently closed’ but I suppose that’s not very conclusive. It doesn’t say ‘for sale’ for eg.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      When you google it it’s listed as ‘permanently closed’ but I suppose that’s not very conclusive. It doesn’t say ‘for sale’ for eg.

Thanks Herlock, that's what I was basing my information on. Seems unlikely (I hope) as I can't find any other source to back it up. Appears to be unlikely as I imagine it's a little gold mine!! Am going down that way in a few weeks I'll check it out......

Comment

I have no information on the current status of the The Blind Beggar but thought you might like to see this period view of the establishment --

Christopher T. George
        Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
        just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
        For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
        RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Thanks Chris, that's great.

I'm going down that part of the world in a few weeks, so I'll visit the Blind Beggar personally and check out the situation and report back in due course.

Comment

Thats i great photo Chris. I cant recall seeing it before.

SC - Yeah you would assume that The BB would be a gold mine with the Ron & Reg connection. I went in there around 15 years ago (the only time) and i must say it looked a little down-at-heel.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

I bet they never saw that coming!

Comment

Trip Advisor has reviews that are about a week old, if that helps
                “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Working...
                X