Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Hi Harry
    Good post and I agree with everything you say. Except that it was over by xmas.
    McKenzie was a ripper victim. I have it as a c7. Tab ram through McKenzie.

The mo and SIG is the same-as is the victimolgy, location and time.the similarities far out way the differences. I include tab ram and McKenzie because both include postmortem mutilation and focus on the abdomen. The clincher for me in both cases is the are found with the skirt hiked up to expose the private parts and abdomen, like the rest, showing a pre occupation with that area.

While the ripper probably attacked other women, mill wood being an early botched attempt, he more than likely IMHO, killed seven.
    Hi Abby,

I've been meaning to get other opinions on Coles and as you include McKenzie you've given me the opportunity. I'm unsure on the amount of victims but have always thought that perhaps we are a little too overconfident on the c5? MO's can surely change slightly due to circumstances? I think that I'm right in saying that most accept Stride as a victim and explain the lack of mutilation by the killer being interrupted by Diemschutz. Why not the same for Coles? If I remember correctly didn't PC Thompson hear someone running away as he discovered the body? Couldn't the killer have also been disturbed by hearing Thompson's regulation tread before carrying out any mutilations?

I'm undecided. I think that we have to consider McKenzie as at least a possible victim of Jack. Why not Coles?

Saying all of the above, I accept that it's off topic. Perhaps I should have started another thread but I just wanted a few opinions.

Regards
    Herlock
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      Why not the same for Coles? If I remember correctly didn't PC Thompson hear someone running away as he discovered the body? Couldn't the killer have also been disturbed by hearing Thompson's regulation tread before carrying out any mutilations?

I'm undecided. I think that we have to consider McKenzie as at least a possible victim of Jack. Why not Coles?

Saying all of the above, I accept that it's off topic. Perhaps I should have started another thread but I just wanted a few opinions.
      Hey Herlock,

PC Thompson heard footsteps walking away shortly before he discovered Coles. Thompson was quoted as saying, "I nearly had him. He was only an arm’s length away, and I missed him" but this was written after his death and it's unknown if it was apocryphal statement. Either way, it's not what Thompson stated in his police report.

Had Coles been killed on 30th Sept 1888 instead of Stride, she probably would've been included as a Ripper victim, but of course based on the killer's movements on the double event, Eddowes might have been spared that night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        Why are we talking about Kelly, Maxwell and Hutchinson on an "apron" thread?
        because i didnt feel like talking about Lechmere or starting a new thread.
        there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
          Hi Abby,

I've been meaning to get other opinions on Coles and as you include McKenzie you've given me the opportunity. I'm unsure on the amount of victims but have always thought that perhaps we are a little too overconfident on the c5? MO's can surely change slightly due to circumstances? I think that I'm right in saying that most accept Stride as a victim and explain the lack of mutilation by the killer being interrupted by Diemschutz. Why not the same for Coles? If I remember correctly didn't PC Thompson hear someone running away as he discovered the body? Couldn't the killer have also been disturbed by hearing Thompson's regulation tread before carrying out any mutilations?

Regards
          Herlock
          I see coles as a possibility but only slightly. too much time has passed, no cuts to the abdomen, and it was probably still sadler IMHO.
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hi Harry
            Good post and I agree with everything you say. Except that it was over by xmas.
            McKenzie was a ripper victim. I have it as a c7. Tab ram through McKenzie.

The mo and SIG is the same-as is the victimolgy, location and time.the similarities far out way the differences. I include tab ram and McKenzie because both include postmortem mutilation and focus on the abdomen. The clincher for me in both cases is the are found with the skirt hiked up to expose the private parts and abdomen, like the rest, showing a pre occupation with that area.

While the ripper probably attacked other women, mill wood being an early botched attempt, he more than likely IMHO, killed seven.
            Hi Abby,

I agree that Tabram was probably a JtR victim. McKenzie's a real enigma. The abdominal wounds were relatively superficial, however, the blood evidence strongly suggests that the killer was disturbed. In fact, PC Andrews must have arrived on the scene very soon after she was killed-so much so that it's been suggested that he was either the murderer himself, or at the very least he must have seen who the murderer was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
              Hey Herlock,

PC Thompson heard footsteps walking away shortly before he discovered Coles. Thompson was quoted as saying, "I nearly had him. He was only an arm’s length away, and I missed him" but this was written after his death and it's unknown if it was apocryphal statement. Either way, it's not what Thompson stated in his police report.

Had Coles been killed on 30th Sept 1888 instead of Stride, she probably would've been included as a Ripper victim, but of course based on the killer's movements on the double event, Eddowes might have been spared that night.
              Hi Harry

I've just refreshed my jaded memory by reading Thompson's statement and he heard someone walking away at what seemed to him like a normal speed. I was pretty convinced that I remembered him saying that he'd heard someone running away! Just goes to show that you can't always be sure of what you think that you're sure of!
              Obviously 'walking' doesn't point to a killer being disturbed in the act. I still don't think that she can be totally discounted but I agree with Abby that we probably have to list her as an unlikely victim of Jack (also taking into consideration the time gap.)

Regards
              Herlock
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I see coles as a possibility but only slightly. too much time has passed, no cuts to the abdomen, and it was probably still sadler IMHO.
                Hi Abby

After finding out that Thompson said that he heard someone walking away at a normal speed rather than running (as I'd previously thought ) I'd have to agree with you there. The mind plays tricks....

Regards
                Herlock
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                  He probably would have walked. Police didn,t have any evidence against him. He could have had alibis, denied the letters and the knife and graffito. The top doctors called to testify had contrary beliefs on his method of mutilation. Other than the case of Elizabeth Stride, no constable reported seeing a man with the woman murdered. And, the prosecutions top witnesses - Packer, Hutchinson, Schwartz, Lawende, Mrs.Maxwell, Mrs. Long - would disagree on his identity (similar to the witnesses charging Dr. Hessell in the Coram Street mystery).
                  Hello Robert,

I meant if he was caught in the act of killing Stride. It would have been a hanging offense as opposed to say a stern lecture. Thus, he had serious reason to be paranoid and skittish.

c.d.

Comment

• If the killer had a bolt hole why can't he bring the apron with him,and not drop it and give a hint on where he was heading?
                    Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                    M. Pacana

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                      Hi Abby,

I agree that Tabram was probably a JtR victim. McKenzie's a real enigma. The abdominal wounds were relatively superficial, however, the blood evidence strongly suggests that the killer was disturbed. In fact, PC Andrews must have arrived on the scene very soon after she was killed-so much so that it's been suggested that he was either the murderer himself, or at the very least he must have seen who the murderer was.
                      I agree he was disturbed probably by Andrews. The ripper was genius at avoiding just getting nicked. See stride, Nichols. He probably heard the pc coming and skidaddled.

McKenzie was a ripper victim. Very little doubt in my mind because of the hiked up dress like the rest. The superficial nature of the wound could be because of many things- the ripper was off his game, because he was drunk, sick weak, wasn't really hunting that night so didn't have his best blade and or disturbed etc.

ive seen a lot of people over the years ask whether the ripper was successful every time he went out to kill and my answer is of course not. No hunter is always going to be 100 successful every time you go out. You have these incomplete victims like stride, Nichols, and McKenzie and probably botched first attempt like mill wood, and I am sure there were time when he set out to kill and mutilate and came home empty handed for any number of reasons.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Varqm View Post
                        If the killer had a bolt hole why can't he bring the apron with him,and not drop it and give a hint on where he was heading?
                        It is entirely possible the apron was left where it was to insinuate which direction the killer went after leaving Mitre Square, misdirection or planting false evidence?

If you consider that as a possibility, then a message that insinuates Jewish blame for something might fit rather nicely. And be dangerous to the locals...which is evidently how the authorities interpreted it.
                        Last edited by Michael W Richards; 07-22-2017, 04:45 AM.
                        Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                          It is entirely possible the apron was left where it was to insinuate which direction the killer went after leaving Mitre Square, misdirection or planting false evidence?

If you consider that as a possibility, then a message that insinuates Jewish blame for something might fit rather nicely. And be dangerous to the locals...which is evidently how the authorities interpreted it.
                          Yup. Maybe even trying to implicate Jewish members of the building.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Its farcical that people start off with a conclusion and imagine a story that allows for it to be possible, instead of looking at individual crimes and the wide range of differing activities and circumstances, to say nothing of the physical evidence. Like watching the last 5 minutes of a movie then imagining what the movie was about and what the characters actually did.
                            Or perhaps, Michael, they examined the evidence, such as the obvious pattern of killings, and came to the same rational conclusion?

I'm not wedded to the canonical five. Making allowances for deviations in serial killer behaviour, interruptions, etc., I don't think you can categorically rule out any of the Whitechapel murder victims for Jack. All of them were 'motiveless', violent, unsolved murders with no clear suspect, all occurring in the same square mile or so. Whitechapel was no stranger to crime but historically this type of murder was not common. Something had to have triggered it. Were all of these women the victims of a convergence of evil or was it mainly the work of one violent individual on the loose?

Comment

This is an inane thread, but none the less.....the reports say the apron piece was found ON Kates body, it doesn't say she was wearing it, nor that it was bunched up in her clothing that had been cut and pushed up. Maybe he cut and tore the apron off her for what he needed it for, and discarded the rest by or on her body.
                              Makes sense to me.

10 months later and Trevor is still at it.
                              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• The police would have conducted searches. The apparent fact that they couldn't pin the murders on any of those residents suggests that the killer wasn't among them or didn't betray any suspicious behavior.

Comment

Working...
                                X