View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPassenger View Post
An excellent site which, if it's details are indeed correct, are incredibly useful to this thread;

http://www.altereddimensions.net/cri...ialKiller.aspx

It helped me address questions over the killer's evolving disposal method. I was confused by Jane Doe 4, you see. I had assumed the killer began by decapitating and de-handing the bodies and leaving them in the forest, dumping the extremities on Ocean Parkway, before moving onto dumping the bodies entirely in Ocean Parkway because both Manorville victims had been found. This site argues that Jane Doe 4's murder is in fact a logical step in the killer's evolution, and I buy it.

I have to say, no identities and few clear facts make this a frustrating case. I do wonder what the police are doing holding so many cards close to their chests with this one.
Whew, Dark Passenger,
Reading this information kept me awake last night -- just knowing this person (and perhaps 299 others like him) are out and about in our country . . .

Had a thought after posting about the seasonal workers site. Because the killer paid the sex workers so much -- $900 and $1500 for instance -- the police believe it is someone with a good disposable income and therefore not likely to be the lowly seasonal workers.

I have no idea what rangers make, but guess that even the top rangers don't make a great deal of money. Perhaps enough for an occasional $1,000 splurge.

The authorities mention they believe the killer is someone in the upper echelon of society -- also pointed to perhaps by the killer having time and means to go to Times Square to make the harassing phone calls to the younger sister.

I've been aware of this case almost since the first bodies were found as I stumbled across an internet story and sort of checked occasionally for progress.

But I can't help wondering if something similar is just waiting to be found in other areas of the country.

creepy thought.

Could they be holding the cards so close because they think they know who the killer is but don't have enough to make an arrest?

curious
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote