Why is Everyone Miserable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
    Let's see, I was nearly ripped off by a con artist passing a dud check for a huge sum of money recently, causing me to make all kinds of changes to my accounts and various agencies. I have problems walking, but I still get out. I voted for a woman I really loathed for President, but she lost (despite a popular vote majority) to a creep who is now President (and whom I think is wrecking my country and the world). I've discovered several people I knew (including the husband of a cousin) have passed away, and another one went bankrupt. In total there is much on my plate (real or just emotional) causing me to be unhappy. I even felt bad for my friend GUT because our idiot President misused a phone call to his Prime Minister reading him the riot act (although the Prime Minister behaved perfectly denying anything was wrong). However, to be truthful, I have found things to do to keep me busy, and I'm not in the worst personal mood. I've been in deeper depression. I think most of us find a balance somehow. Otherwise we go nuts!'

Jeff
    Don't feel for me mate, and while I'm not a big fan of Turnbull, I'm sure he would have given as good as he got.

Funny thing I was once a fan of businessmen becoming leaders in politics, so far it doesn't seem to be working too well anywhere.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Now me ,I get up between 9 and 10 in the morning,9 being a little early.Has a cup of tea and takes my pills in a relaxed sort of way.Reads the paper,and by 12 oclock,ready for another cup of tea.See no sense in clearing up the muddles,there will only be more,and the cleaner comes once a week anyway,so snooze a couple of hours.Goes and sees my neighbour for a while,next unit to mine,then back for a delivered meal.
      Now evening, so on to the computer,then watch a film.A drink or two while watching,then to bed.Tell me,what's stress?Sure some days I feel like a twenty year old,but can never find one,but at 89 years of age and waiting to reach 90,it's best I don't.Whose Trump?

Comment

I'll tell ya why I'm miserable....GUT gets to go around in a wheelchair and I gotta walk!!! Plus he is almost as good looking as I am (almost!!)
        then again...I don't have to fear dingos' or rabid koalas'......hmm guess I'm not so miserable after all....hell in 10 days pitchers and catchers report to spring training and then it's baseball time (and time for my girlfriend to be miserable!)

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
          I'll tell ya why I'm miserable....GUT gets to go around in a wheelchair and I gotta walk!!! Plus he is almost as good looking as I am (almost!!)
          then again...I don't have to fear dingos' or rabid koalas'......hmm guess I'm not so miserable after all....hell in 10 days pitchers and catchers report to spring training and then it's baseball time!!!!!

Steadmund Brand
          Baseball??? Is that like cricket?
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I'm not miserable at all, I'm in Australia, what's to be miserable about?
            G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              Not much. I have decided that cricket is like croquet with a tossed ball. In baseball, there is more running, and players get to spit tobacco juice more often.
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

Somewhat, but the bat used is different, and you swing it differently. It's closer to the old games "Rounders". [Thanks for not saying it was like croquet!].

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
                  If you're getting upset about Trump, watch college basketball or movies on Netflix. That's what I do. Stop reading about RealClearPolitics, or DailyKos, or HuffPo, or Yahoo!, or whatever your brand is. If I didn't have people telling me how miserable I should be because of Trump (and Obama before him, and Bush before him, and Clinton before him), I'd probably forget to be miserable and realize my life's pretty much the same as it was, what, thirteen days ago?
                  Actually Pat, I don't go out of the way to listen to the news that much anymore. I guess I'm looking for alternate facts in a way. Never could stand the Huffington Post. But the news does manage to drift down to me anyway.

I do catch films on Turner Classics.

Jeff

Comment

NO it's closer to the greatest game ever!!!! hahaha.. seriously, I love Baseball...it is something that just relaxes me, makes me feel like a kid again...the sounds of baseball are soothing to me....plus.. it's a summer game.. and I live in Buffalo!!!

Steadmund Brand
                    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I'm not miserable at all, I'm in Australia, what's to be miserable about?
                      Plus, you have a wonderful family and a wife with good taste!!! You also have Footy coming back soon....and your PM pissed off our President!!! Australia is the place to be now!!! however, you still need to take a vacation to the US and Canada.. so you can visit your twin!!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

I'll let you all in on a secret, we had the first game of the season here last year, at the good old SCG, I understand there are plans to do it again.

Couldn't get there myself but everyone I know who went loved it.

I watch on TV from time to time, but don't fully understand some of the obscure rules, but understand enough (from playing various forms of the game at primary school) to enjoy it.

I also watch your football (watched pro bowl on Monday our time) is why it takes so loooooong to play these games, it's nearly as bad as cricket.
                        G U T

Comment

This pretty well sums up why I'm miserable:

Before the election, when Donald Trump was still just an unlikely presidential nominee, a conservative under the pseudonym “Publius Decius Mus,” wrote ...

We were on the way to that progressive world that the "Star Trek" motto "infinite diversity in infinite combinations" described, and now we are trying to regress to bigotry, hate, racism, nationalism, and all that is the worst in our history.
                          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                          ---------------
                          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                          ---------------

Comment

Oh dear!

Someone's thrown his dummy out of the pram :

Donald Trump ran a campaign of racist demagoguery against Muslim Americans, Hispanic immigrants, and black protesters. He indulged the worst instincts...

Comment

45 Random Acts of Kindness That Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity:

c.d.

Comment

On occasion I walk past the White House on my way home. I like to extend my middle finger to the current resident as I stroll by. If anyone would like me to send their regards in the same way let me know. I should probably charge for doing so. I could clean up.

I worked with a guy whose wife worked for the Capitol Hill police. He said that every few months she had an undercover assignment in Lafayette Park directly across from the White House. She would dress as a bag lady pushing a grocery cart of old rags around and mumbling to herself. But under the rags were several assault weapons. There are always some crazies in the park and I always think about that when I see them. There are also visible snipers on top of the White House roof and that is a little disconcerting.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                                X