'26' in the picture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '26' in the picture.

I am looking for the possible '26' on the wall of the MJK photo. I can't find it or a thread about it. Can someone point me in the right direction.
    In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

If you look just to the left of Baphomet's raised and fierce hand you'll notice a sharp dagger. Just beneath the dagger and caddy-corner to the FM is the '26'.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

LOL, surely 26 is not as unlikely as Baphomet?? Given the room being part of 26 Dorset street?

Comment

What's half of 26? 13 right? What is 26 and 13? 39. Cue Twilight Zone music and Rod Serling.

Comment

Spoooky! C.D I think you have found something very significant here!

So is this a debunked idea then? I thought it added creedance to the idea that the wall was made of old doors.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d.
            What's half of 26? 13 right? What is 26 and 13? 39. Cue Twilight Zone music and Rod Serling.
            To say nothing of Richard Nunweek.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
              To say nothing of Richard Nunweek.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
              Que? I am afraid you have lost me.

Comment

Indeed, Kate, there was a brief discussion of the #26 appearing on an MJK photograph in a thread awhile back. It may have been lost in the crash.

The alleged #26 does not appear on MJK1 or MJK2, but instead appears on the first known published image of Mary Kelly in 1894, Dr. André Lamoureux’s, De l'Éventration au point de vue médico légal

Here it is. Look at the top centre. That's Kelly's thigh bone on the lower left and the bed post on the far right, just so you can orient yourself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MJK_Lamoureux_26.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	658266

The number 26 does not appear in the same photograph (which was taken from the same print) published by Prof. Alexandre Lacassagne in Vacher l’Eventreur et les crimes sadiques in 1899. I reproduce the same section below

Click image for larger version

Name:	MJK_Lacassagne_26 absent.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	658267

Cheers,

Robert

Comment

Thanks for that Robert but I still can see it.

Comment

Before any more nonsense is posted regarding this wall and the numbers 2 and 6 appearing on a door that was part of the "partition wall"....I believe Sam Flynn has impecable credibility here and on other such forums, and I know that he and I both saw an enhanced photo of that wall and saw the faded numbers which look to be a result of brass numbers being on that door and therefore leaving a darker shadow of the numbers when they were removed.

The only door of 26 Dorset that faced the street was the shed door, this was probably an old one.

The door was installed in an existing door jamb that was created when the house was original, and that room at that time likely had no door to the courtyard. If you see how close it is to the building corner, and you have some knowledge of building practices, that might seem clearer. The original doorway in Marys room likely led to the staircase going up, and the door that exited via the archway...the main entrance to the rooms themselves. Marys room was after all a Parlour originally.

The old door with the faded numbers was hung in that old doorjamb and probably the seams were plastered...which probably cracked...explaining how Elizabeth sees in to Marys room while ascending the stairs.

This is no baphomet or FM on the wall.....if you have any questions or would like to see the photo, I am fairly sure Sam has it, or at least could provide validation for the story.

I already know a faded 2 and 6 were there...so Ill leave it to those that are unsure to investigate further.

Best regards

Comment

I am certainly not wishing to suggest otherwise!! I heard about this on Rippercast which is why I was interested. And Gareth was saying on there that it was there. (if you catch my drift).

Comment

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
                        I am certainly not wishing to suggest otherwise!! I heard about this on Rippercast which is why I was interested. And Gareth was saying on there that it was there. (if you catch my drift).
                        I didnt know Mr Flynn had already made his opinion on this that clear....so....nevermind.

Best regards Kat

Comment

Errr I believe so, I hope I am not, misrepresenting him.

I just can't see it which frustrates me.

Comment

If you look at the wall Kat where that door is set in.... and the 2 recessed sections on the top and bottom of the door...the panels....the numbers are on the upper inset panel....again, I think you need the enhanced photo or some magnification to see it.

Best regards again

Comment

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
                              Errr I believe so, I hope I am not, misrepresenting him.

I just can't see it which frustrates me.
                              My bet is that if you heard him say that on air then he has the picture that backs him up....he knows naysayers tendencies well. Send him a pm and ask for the shot.

All the best

Comment

Working...
                              X