Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motive(s) of Lechmere-Cross

Hi,

The sources of the Whitechapel murders donīt offer any conclusive evidence for a serial killer driven by a sexual motive.

So we have to keep the hypothesis that the killer had some other motive(s).

As far as Iīve understood, Fisherman believes that his suspect had some motives connected to a dominant mother and to the catīs meat business (please correct me if Iīm wrong).

Are there any historical sources containing evidence for this?

Regards Pierre
    Last edited by Pierre; 10-11-2015, 12:59 PM.

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi,

The sources of the Whitechapel murders donīt offer any conclusive evidence for a serial killer driven by a sexual motive.

As far as Iīve understood, Fisherman believes that his suspect had some motives connected to a dominant mother and to the catīs meat business (please correct me if Iīm wrong).

Regards Pierre

Pierre I would suggest that there is more evidence of Jack being a sexual killer than would support any other motive.

Even outside that isn't a simple hatred for women more than enough motive.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Especially hatred of women of a certain class.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Pierre I would suggest that there is more evidence of Jack being a sexual killer than would support any other motive.

Even outside that isn't a simple hatred for women more than enough motive.
        How interesting,

please give references to this.

"Simple hatred for women" goes for a lot of men but they arenīt serial killers.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Hi,

Regards Pierre
          What Fisherman says is that many serialists have a background involving an absent father and a domineering mother.

Then Fisherman points to how Charles Lechmere had a lacking father figure, who left the family when Charles was but an infant - or perhaps even before he was born.
          After that, Fisherman notices how Maria Louisa, Lechmeres mother changed jobs a number of times and married on three occasions, two of them seemingly bigamously, and how she somehow worked out a solution with Charles where she had one of his daughters staying with her. At that stage, Fisherman thought "Wow, that seems to be one resourceful woman"!

Fisherman then thought about how nobody got killed as long as Lechmere was living in close geographical proximity to his mother, whereas the murders started once he moved away from her.

Now, being the seasoned crusader that Fisherman is, he would NOT say that it iss a proven thing that Charles must have been swayed by his fathers absense to become a killer. Nor would he say that it is a proven thing that Lechmereīs mother WAS domineering.
          He would only say: Absent father figure. SEEMINGLY resourceful mother, possibly domineering. On the surface a good fit for the sort of background many serialists have. End of.

Fisherman does not think that being a cats meat woman makes you a serial killer, or that your kids will become serialists. Maria Louisa is listed as a cats meat woman in the 1891 census, and Charles Lechmereīs family was deeply involved in the business.
          Fisherman knows that sociological studies have been made, showing how working with dead bodies, carcasses, sometimes desensitizes those who do so. Fisherman also knows that there is a correlation between slaughteries and criminality - once a town gets involved in the slaughtery business, it seems the criminal rates of physical violence rises. Experts speculate that this is knit to the desensitizing earlier mentioned.

Fisherman is also known to have noted the fact that when the Pinchin Street torso was found, in September 1889, Lechmereīs mother lived in 147 Cable Street, a short distance from where the Pinchin Street torso was dumped. He has also noted that Charles Lechmere once lived in Pinchin Street, as a boy. Fisherman also knows that cats meat women employed fine-toothed saws and sharp knives in their line of business - the very tools that were used to take the Pinchin Street victim apart.

From this Fisherman does not conclude that Lechmere must have been the killer, employing his mothers apartment as he cut up the body. He merely points to the opportunity that was seemingly there, and says that it does not detract as such from the possibilities to form a case against Lechmere.

Thatīs about it. Try not to misunderstand it, if you please!
          Last edited by Fisherman; 10-11-2015, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Hi Fisherman,

I donīt see any possibility to misunderstand this. Itīs clear enough to me.

Another thing then - have you found any other sources connected to him that could explain why the murders stopped?

Regards Pierre

Comment

Just an added point of interest
              I believe there was also a cat meat seller living at 29 Hanbury Street
              You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Hi Pierre,

I don't think the points Fisherman makes here pertain necessarily to motive. More like risk-factors to be a serial killer.

Comment

Mutilations around the genital regions would imply a sexual motive.

Comment

Hi Fisherman,

I donīt see any possibility to misunderstand this. Itīs clear enough to me.

Another thing then - have you found any other sources connected to him that could explain why the murders stopped?

Regards Pierre
                    "Could"? Just about anything could explain why they stopped - if they stopped. But since we donīt know that they DID stop, it would be wrong to postulate that an explanation was needed.
                    Otherwise, things like having found another outlet for whatever it was that caused him to kill could offer an explanation as could some sort of major event in his life that had a mental impact on him.

It will always be a rather futile exercise in conjecture to discuss it, since we do not knpw what he was all about. We have him on place at the Nichols murder, he is surrounded by anomalies and what looks like a set of lies, so he makes an excellent bid for the killers role. That is what we can say. If and why he stopped killing is another matter that is not possible to provide with any tailormade answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                      Hi Pierre,

I don't think the points Fisherman makes here pertain necessarily to motive. More like risk-factors to be a serial killer.
                      Exactly so. It has nothing to do with motive, as Pierre seems to think.

Comment

technical name

Hello Pierre.

""Simple hatred for women" goes for a lot of men but they aren't serial killers."

I believe the technical name is "husbands." (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                          Hello Pierre.

""Simple hatred for women" goes for a lot of men but they aren't serial killers."

I believe the technical name is "husbands." (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                          LC
                          Cynic

Comment

serial killings are often called motiveless because they don't adhere to any of the traditional motives-jealousy, monetary gain, revenge etc.

On that basis I agree-there is no traditional motive. They kill because they like it and/or releases an urge.

That being said I think there are more deep seated motives particular to the individual themselves.

In terms of the ripper-yes there is no overt sexual connotation to the crimes-ie-no evidence that there was sex involved.

However, I think its fairly obvious that there was a sexual component to the crimes-women/prostitutes targeted, privates targeted, breast,face etc.
                            God knows what he did with the organs-but I could take a pretty good guess I think.

Also, I think the ripper was fascinated with what he/his knife could do to the female body. I'll not go as far as the picuerism but it definitely had to do with his nice sharp knife.

I remember one of the serial killers (I believe was Rader??) when asked why he did it-said it was all about the rope. Something about the rope and tying people up and strangling them with it was what turned him on.
                            It was all about the rope.

with the ripper, I believe it was all about the knife-or at least a good deal to do with it.
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hi,

Regards Pierre
                              A number of profilers have categorized JtR as a sexual murder, or lust murderer. For example, Keppel, Schlesinger, Roy Hazzlewood.

Comment

Working...
                              X