Thread: Cricket
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Superintendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectorDave View Post
I love the slow burn of a test match and will lend my support to the lesser cricketing nations of Great Britain as the best one does not yet have test match status.

(You have no idea how gleefully I typed the above)

I do find it funny when the English collapse happens, is the biggest problem with the test side perhaps that the best players want to play white ball stuff and as a result when changes are made it is perhaps not the best players being picked?
I sometimes think that some players don’t expect to be in for too long so they end up playing one day shots. Moeen Ali was a perfect example. A really talented batsmen, played some great innings but how many times did he get out playing daft shots especially at crucial times. Was it in Pakistan when we were batting for a draw he got out trying to chip the ball over mid-on! A T20 stroke. I think that we tend toward being one dimensional players Dave. Its ok being aggressive and playing all the stylish shots but not when your 70-4. We’ve got Cook but I think we need a couple more like him.

I wonder if Geoffrey Boycott fancies a game?

Herlock

"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact!"
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote