Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Is it for real?"

Hello you all!

Yesterday one of the Finnish tv-channels showed a documentary of JtR of the "Is it for real?" -series.

I found it pretty objective and focusing on three main Ripper researchers; Stephen P. Ryder, mr. Newton and mrs. Cornwell.

Then there were some criminal experts and a freemason gving their commentary. The newest thing to me was, that mr. Newton thought the locations of the murders forming a pattern of pisces. Thus relating the murders to a suspect called D'Onston.

Since the one I had heard was, that they would form a five-end star. Thus relating to the free-masons. However, a free-mason representative told the Ripper to have failed miserably, if he wanted to take the blame on the freemasons.

The professional police investigator in the documentary told, that in every murder case one can make any patterns with the murder-locations.

Then mrs. Cornwell. The graphologists could connect a few prank letters to mr. Sickert. But so what?! Since no-one knows for sure, if any letters were written by the actual killer. And, like mrs. Cornwall claims, if Sickert would have continued after MJK, probably the "works" would have become even more horrendous.

All right, after adding some personal points, the most sense-making Ripper researcher was; Stephen P. Ryder. Yes, since his point was; he was probably an every-day man, maybe even with a family, in the East End. That one is really close to mine; I think, the Ripper was someone The Scotland Yard never thought of at the time and neither have we!

Then, to the visual things; one of the documentary's impressive things was, that the actresses of the victims told themeselves to the camera about the things done to them. As if being the spirits of Nicholls, Chapman, Stride, Eddowes and Kelly.

All right, anyone else seen this? Your feelings about the documentary?

All the best
    Jukka
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

While I do not get Finnish television----there was a documentary on the Free Masons with a small section on the Masons-Ripper theories. They debunked the "bodies form a pattern" myth amongst the other "Jack was a Mason" claims.

I think it was Philip Hutchinson who was interviewed.

As for your documentary, I think you--and Ryder--are correct. Jack was not a "famous" person we can find now.

Yours truly,

--J.D.

Comment

"Then there were some criminal experts and a freemason gving their commentary. The newest thing to me was, that mr. Newton thought the locations of the murders forming a pattern of pisces. Thus relating the murders to a suspect called D'Onston."

They got that wrong then becuase the murder scenes were supposed to be in the form of the Vesica Piscis, a form involving overlapping circles to form a shape in the centre.

The Pisces however is a star sign, its symbol is not unlike a H with slightly curved edges!!

Vesica Piscis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesica_piscis
      Pisces http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisces_%28astrology%29
      Regards Mike

Comment

Mike:

The Vesica Fishy is likewise a sign of passivity...

There's something like 8,000 links on Google and none that I've seen mention anything nefarious,devious,evil,scary,ominous or anything remotely close to some link to Beelzebub.

The silliest part of "Is It Real?" was the repetition of myths about D'onston in that he was a "doctor", "Satanist" and practitioner of black magic. Otherwise, there were some nice shots of The London Hospital and one cute girl who is shown walking by briefly.

Comment

Hi Howard, I was aware that the Vesica Piscis was a symbol of passivity and a symbol used by Christians to avoid persecution in the past.

If these are the "Facts" how could anyone turn it around to be a meaning of Black Magic, surely it would point to someone with a Religious Message, rather than the Black Magic "guff".
          Regards Mike

Comment

See my "Connecting the Dots: Were the Ripper Crime Scenes Chosen to Form a Pattern?" from Ripper Notes #20 (and available online for free) for more information on that concept.

Dan Norder
            Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
            Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
              Hi Howard, I was aware that the Vesica Piscis was a symbol of passivity and a symbol used by Christians
              The symbol, via the Greek word for fish, ICHTHUS, embodied the motto "Iesus CHristos THeou Uius Soter" ("Jesus Christ, Son of God, Saviour") as a neat acronym.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                The symbol, via the Greek word for fish, ICHTHUS, embodied the motto "Iesus CHristos THeou Uius Soter" ("Jesus Christ, Son of God, Saviour") as a neat acronym.
                So the Ripper was Soapy Sam?

--J.D.

Comment

Hi Jukka,

By Mr. Newton, do you mean crime writer Michael Newton?

Was this a production done in Finland? If so, why didn't they consult you, Finland's resident Ripper expert?
                  This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hello Stan!

No, it was an American programme. I may got the name wrong, since I didn't watch it right from the beginning!

All the best
                    Jukka
                    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Yes I saw the progam. Its what lead me to the Casebook and piqued my interest in these crimes.
                      And yes the local man theory is by far the most sensible and probable.
                      But it is possible and somewhat prbable that Police interviewed this Man and he was so calm and collective about it that they didnt investigate him any further. Its happened before in other SK cases. And it is possible and perhaps probable that this man appeared in court on a related or unrelated charge wich may give us a clue.

Comment

Hi Jukka,

Are you thinking of Ivor Edwards?

Dan Norder
                        Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                        Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Mitch:

Just wait until the Old Bailey transcripts are available later this year.....

We might have an entirely new suspect base to work from and for those in the future to work with. Hopefully, all of the present ones will be eliminated one day...and then 20 years or so down the road, names like Bury,Druitt, Tumbelty,etc... will stand aside names like Pizer,Cream and Stephenson.

Maybe some of these names that will be gleaned might fit the "unnamed local guy"....wouldn't that be neat?

Imagine 50 new men...with records of violence against women ( not neat by any means...)...or being in court for aberrant behavior....being institutionalized prior to 1888 and released just prior to August 7th, 1888...or any of those marvelous qualities that make up a serial killer....being researchable.

Comment

Hello Dan!

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
                            Hi Jukka,

Are you thinking of Ivor Edwards?
                            Yes, it was Ivor Edwards, sorry!

All the best
                            Jukka

Comment

Working...
                            X