X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some lovely shots from this website

not east end but london circa 1890 - 1900

lots more from global locations should you have a spare 12 weeks.....
    Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Jason

just poor photography......thats the technique i used
      Well if you'd set out to create that effect you couldn't have done it better!
      They're a lot better than I could probably manage in any event. Thanks for posting them.

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
        Hi Jason

Well if you'd set out to create that effect you couldn't have done it better!
        They're a lot better than I could probably manage in any event. Thanks for posting them.

All the best

Dave
        i like you dave !!

Comment

• Hi people,
          I havent been lurking on the forum as much as usual so I thought Id walk to work today and snap a few quickies for a small update on Mitre Sq and surrounding area.
          I hope you like.
          Attached Files

Comment

• my apolls for not knowing how to size and post correctly....still learning....
            Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Barro

Loads of nice setts...Sadly one has to wonder how long they'll last...

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Thank you Dave

I,ll get better as I go.....Ive got some time this week to nip round to some of the other sites of interest and will do so nearer Friday.

All the best to you..

From one Dave to another....

Comment

• Thanks for the recent photos, Barro. Do you know if Eddowes corner is going to be demolished? Hopefully, the development will be restricted to the other side of the square

Barro, check your PMs Interesting that we both returned from our sojourns around the same time.

Comment

• Jason: The B&W photo of parliament is absolutely stunning. You truly captured the mood of Ripper's London in that shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrummondStreet View Post
                      Jason: The B&W photo of parliament is absolutely stunning. You truly captured the mood of Ripper's London in that shot.
                      I just got lucky !! i love photographs but i am generally useless at taking them myself so if i have managed to capture a good one then i am a happy man !

Comment

• Jason,
                        Thanks for the link.Well I might just have 12 weeks to spare,I'll be eighty five(85)years old in two days time,but I see on one page there was still 117,582 more photos to go.I rather fancy the old black and white pictures,as I dabble in colorising using photo-shop.
                        Regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
                          Jason,
                          Thanks for the link.Well I might just have 12 weeks to spare,I'll be eighty five(85)years old in two days time,but I see on one page there was still 117,582 more photos to go.I rather fancy the old black and white pictures,as I dabble in colorising using photo-shop.
                          Regards.
                          Happy Birthday harry for 2 weeks time ! there are loads of photos on there, i was on there last night for ages and barely scratched the surface.....hope you find them interesting. The B and W ones are the best. The BBc web link i put on has some really nice photos on it as well ( though only about 12 in total ).

Comment

• Jason, I love that photo you took of the Houses of Parliament. Very atmospheric and rather ghostly.

That probably really is how the scene appeared to the eye of a "gin-soaked prostitute" c.1888!

I think it would make a cool book or magazine cover.

Maybe you can peddle framed prints of it at the next conference?

Cheers,
                            Archaic
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Yes I like that one, but I really love the one that follows that...the undefined appearance of the woman with the shopping bags really makes it special...

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Can some of those photos be colorized?

Comment

Working...
                                X