Favorite suspect/s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    But as I´ve said, Griffits said to me in private that he thought there was a really good chance that we had finally nailed the right man..
    As per Scobie, that rather depends on the accuracy and completeness of the information Griffiths had to work with.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      As per Scobie, that rather depends on the accuracy and completeness of the information Griffiths had to work with.
      Yes, it does, and I am as fine with that as I am with people having to resort to implying foul play to make their own thinking look a bit better.

Comment

He also managed to keep it all very silent and low-key, and stayed away from running into the arms of a police, fleeing from the scene.
        What's with this "fleeing"? All he had to do was walk, and hang a left down Court Street (or similar side-street) and he'd be on Whitechapel Road in a minute or so. All very silent, all very low-key.

Besides, if Cross wasn't the Ripper, then similar concerns about making good his escape would have confronted him as well. Indeed, there's a possibility that he did just that, when he heard Cross approaching.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          What's with this "fleeing"? All he had to do was walk, and hang a left down Court Street (or similar side-street) and he'd be on Whitechapel Road in a minute or so. All very silent, all very low-key.

Besides, if Cross wasn't the Ripper, then similar concerns about making good his escape would have confronted him as well. Indeed, there's a possibility that he did just that, when he heard Cross approaching.
          You don´t have to run to flee, Gareth. And yes, the dreaded Phantom killer may have silently walked away a minute before Lechmere arrived.

The difference between the two gentlemen is that one existed while the other is - so far - only a figment of imagination.

Once more, what In say is that Lechmere fits the bill. Again. Not that fitting the bill makes him a killer. You have to fit a lot of bills before that happens. Of course, Lechmere fits enough bills for me to accept that he was the killer. That´s my prerogative.

Comment

• We are covering old ground now, so I´m off for some time.

Comment

To your mind, undoubtedly.

But as I´ve said, Griffits said to me in private that he thought there was a really good chance that we had finally nailed the right man.

If that makes either of you idiotic, I certainly won´t tell you who I think it is. You tend to get grumpy when I do.
              I’m quite happy and content to say that I and others are right and he is wrong.

Did he get both sides or just the side that Scobie got
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Yes, it does, and I am as fine with that as I am with people having to resort to implying foul play to make their own thinking look a bit better.
                But you’ve admitted that that was the case
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Tell me one person who agrees with Trevor, Herlock. He is in no way as qualified as Griffiths is at any rate.
                  He certainly doesn’t fit the main ‘agreeing with you’ qualification which you tend to admire.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Tell me one person who agrees with Trevor, Herlock. He is in no way as qualified as Griffiths is at any rate.
                    Gareth, Steve and I agree with him that the ripper and the TK were 2 different men.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

You don´t have to run to flee, Gareth. And yes, the dreaded Phantom killer may have silently walked away a minute before Lechmere arrived.

The difference between the two gentlemen is that one existed while the other is - so far - only a figment of imagination.

Once more, what In say is that Lechmere fits the bill. Again. Not that fitting the bill makes him a killer. You have to fit a lot of bills before that happens. Of course, Lechmere fits enough bills for me to accept that he was the killer. That´s my prerogative.
                      For anyone new reading this thread, for Phantom Killer read Jack The Ripper

“The difference between the two gentlemen is that one existed while the other is - so far - only a figment of imagination.”

How can you accuse people of being misleading with nonsensical statements like that.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                        Gareth, Steve and I agree with him that the ripper and the TK were 2 different men.

it needs to be added that i dont agree with Trevor that the Torso's are not murder victims, jist in case the question is asked by someone

Steve

Comment

Once you kill, you put yourself at risk, Caz. You seem to think that you can kill with no risk at all?

I don´t think the police ever contacted Pickfords. They certainly don´t seem to have checked Lechmere in the records, and that is indicative of a lacklustre interest in the carman.

Could he have banked on such a thing?

No.

Could he have had a plan B?

Yes.

Would it have worked?

We don´t know.
                          What sort of plan B?

It's not the risk factor I'm talking about here.

It's the flat contradiction of the two arguments that makes no sense, Fish.

Argument A: He calls himself Cross so those who know the paths he treads and when he treads them will not realise that the man they only know as Lechmere is the Buck's Row witness, and start to become suspicious when each new murder happens along one of those paths.

Argument B: He continues to kill along those paths so he will always have an innocent reason for having been there.

They cancel each other out.

He won't need to prove that innocent reason if the police don't check it. But if they do check, nobody will be able to verify it for him anyway if they don't know him as Cross. If he ever has to admit he is Lechmere, so his employer or whoever can confirm he had an innocent reason for going that way when another murder happened, he is pretty much sunk.

So the reason for sticking to paths that people will associate with an innocent Lechmere, going about his normal business, goes out the window by calling himself Cross.

And the reason for calling himself Cross goes out the window by sticking to paths that people can only associate innocently with a man called Lechmere.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                            ...the reason for sticking to paths that people will associate with an innocent Lechmere, going about his normal business, goes out the window by calling himself Cross.

And the reason for calling himself Cross goes out the window by sticking to paths that people can only associate innocently with a man called Lechmere.
                            Neatly put, Caz.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                              it needs to be added that i dont agree with Trevor that the Torso's are not murder victims, jist in case the question is asked by someone

Steve
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I don´t think the police ever contacted Pickfords. They certainly don´t seem to have checked Lechmere in the records, and that is indicative of a lacklustre interest in the carman.

Perhaps because no alarm bells were going off. They were looking for a murderer. They had the guy who found the body but nothing about him or his actions made them suspicious.

Obviously in Fishworld that implies a fault in the police for not seeing through CL’s dastardly scheming and not that they just didn’t suspect him
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X