Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move to Murder: Who Killed Julia Wallace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move to Murder: Who Killed Julia Wallace?

Hi, after setting up the other Wallace thread (which has over 350k views) I know there is some interest in the case.

My book, Move To Murder, was due to published last November but was delayed to allow Death of an Actress - my book about the Gay Gibson case - to be released in time for the 70th anniversary of the trial of James Camb for her murder.

However, today Move to Murder is finally published. For those new to the Wallace case, it is arguably Britain's most baffling unsolved murder. I hope the book will be of interest to those who know about the case, too. It compares and contrasts five theories, including a new one (by a poster to these forums), and publishes original evidence for the first time. This includes:

- the post mortem report that contradicts expert testimony at the trial;

- exclusive extracts from Wallace's unpublished memoir that provide his last known thoughts on the murder and his trial;

- the timing tests conducted by the defence but never used at trial.

And, best of all, you do not have to agree with my conclusions. You can deliver your verdict on what you believe most likely happened on the ColdCaseJury website. Will the overall verdict of the jury find Wallace guilty? Or will one of the other four theories be endorsed? The result is in your hands.

If there is interest, this thread will answer specific questions about the book. For general points about the case, see the other thread.

N.B. The newspaper article is from today's Daily Express (1 Nov 2018).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ColdCaseJury; 11-01-2018, 08:30 AM.
    Author of Cold Case Jury books: Move To Murder (2nd Edition) (2021), The Shark Arm Mystery (2020), Poisoned at the Priory (2020), Move to Murder (2018), Death of an Actress (2018), The Green Bicycle Mystery (2017) - "Armchair detectives will be delighted" - Publishers Weekly. Author of Crime & Mystery Hour - short fictional crime stories. And for something completely different - I'm the co-founder of Wow-Vinyl - celebrating the Golden Years of the British Single (1977-85)

The pathologist's report has been freely available on the Liverpool police website for some time ...

Comment

Originally posted by NickB View Post
      The pathologist's report has been freely available on the Liverpool police website for some time ...

http://liverpoolcitypolice.co.uk/jul...931/4552924276
      Thanks for the update, but to my knowledge it has not been published in any book before. And the one reported in Murphy's book and Goodman's book is different.
      Author of Cold Case Jury books: Move To Murder (2nd Edition) (2021), The Shark Arm Mystery (2020), Poisoned at the Priory (2020), Move to Murder (2018), Death of an Actress (2018), The Green Bicycle Mystery (2017) - "Armchair detectives will be delighted" - Publishers Weekly. Author of Crime & Mystery Hour - short fictional crime stories. And for something completely different - I'm the co-founder of Wow-Vinyl - celebrating the Golden Years of the British Single (1977-85)

Comment

Originally posted by NickB View Post

http://liverpoolcitypolice.co.uk/jul...931/4552924276
        Post seems unnecessary.

I'm looking forward to reading this book. I will be a tough sell on certain theories though, but my mind is always open...

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanSherlock View Post
          ...my mind is always open...
          In fact...so open we can hear the wind whistle through it...

Comment

Originally posted by RodCrosby View Post
            In fact...so open we can hear the wind whistle through it...
            Rod, AS is one of the most knowledgeable guys on the forum. He has arrived at a different conclusion from you but his argument is entirely rational and strong. No one is going to have an open mind after they've been insulted. Everyone on these threads must be treated with respect.

AMB

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCaseJury View Post
              Rod, AS is one of the most knowledgeable guys on the forum. He has arrived at a different conclusion from you but his argument is entirely rational and strong. No one is going to have an open mind after they've been insulted. Everyone on these threads must be treated with respect.

AMB
              Hi,
              According to Amazon the book isn't available for 1-3 months. Is this correct?

Comment

Hi John,

No, it is incorrect. I believe this message sometimes flashes up when a new book goes out of stock at Amazon (I have no idea why). It should be in stock by the end of the week.

Not only is the delivery message wrong, but the cover is also incorrect (it is an old version). The correct cover is posted above.

I'm only the author.

Comment

Hi John,

No, it is incorrect. This message sometimes flashes up when a new book goes out of stock at Amazon (I have no idea why). It should be in stock by the end of the week.
                  Thanks Antony, much appreciated. I shall certainly purchase the book as soon as it becomes available.

Looks like Amazon have hardly covered themselves in glory, though!
                  Last edited by John G; 11-05-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Thank you, John. And I hope we can discuss the case again.

AMB

Comment

Thank you, John. And I hope we can discuss the case again.

AMB
                      Hi Antony,

Defintely. I still have a great interest in the case and would love to discuss your latest book once I've had the opportunity to read it.

Meanwhile, I'm planning a lengthy new post which I hope to submit on the other thread later this week.

Comment

I am using these forums less frequently now. If anyone wishes to get in touch with me please visit my website and hit the Contact button. I'll be delighted to hear from you. AMB - 8 Nov 2018.

Comment

Some great interviews popping up already....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06nwptp @1:38:40

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06ng86r @50:30

Comment

I am using these forums less frequently now. If anyone wishes to get in touch with me please visit my website and hit the Contact button. I'll be delighted to hear from you. AMB - 8 Nov 2018.
                            I can understand why

Debate has degenerated again.

I wonder why
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                              I can understand why

Debate has degenerated again.

I wonder why
                              There will be a review from me within the next couple weeks up here. It will be in depth.

Comment

Working...
                              X