No announcement yet.

Status of Ripper Notes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what you mean, Sushka, the RN Web site's been down for over a year... When I followed that link, it lead to nothing...
    All my blogs:
    MessianicMusings.com, ScriptSuperhero.com, WonderfulPessimist.com

Currently, I favor ... no one. I'm not currently interested in who Jack was in name. My research focus is more comparative than identification-oriented.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      According to Wolf V post 10, the next issue is being prepared.

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread....ghlight=morgue
      Any update since then? It's been over a year since anyone's even had a returned email... that I know of.
      All my blogs:

Currently, I favor ... no one. I'm not currently interested in who Jack was in name. My research focus is more comparative than identification-oriented.

Comment

well sorry craig. the link in my previous post still works for me (just clicked again now) and if I click on the subscribe by paypal link on that page it takes you to paypal and invites you to donate your $40 to Dan.

Cheers

Sushka

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
          They just don't think about it. I agree there should be MANY more essays in the dissertation section. It doesn't matter though. Check out the Nichols thread active right now. I posted a link to my Nichols essay which is an indepth study of her wounds. A few posts later, Corey writes that he's confused about the wounds to Nichols body and would like to know more. These kids just don't take anything seriously if it's not a book.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
          Hi Tom,

Well this kid just happened to miss your essay, I remember not seeing it before I wrote that, or I would have read it. Thanks.

Yours truly
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

LOL, that post is over 2 months old. I didn't know you that well then. Sorry to single you out like that.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

A check just now revealed that the Rippernotes.com website is again not available. It was briefly functionaing, after a long hiatus, last summer when the next issue was said to be coming out in "August or September." Perhaps 2012 was meant because currently that message--and even the Ripper Notes website--are gone.

Don.
              "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Originally posted by sushka View Post
                well sorry craig. the link in my previous post still works for me (just clicked again now) and if I click on the subscribe by paypal link on that page it takes you to paypal and invites you to donate your $40 to Dan.

Cheers

Sushka
                Odd. Doesn't work on my end.

Oh well. I have a new market for my Ripper articles, perhaps... RN seems to be gone.
                All my blogs:

Comment

Hi Tom,

I never even remembered that till I saw it. I was like, huh, What post? I had to search to even find what you were mentioning. Oh well. Just clearing things up.

I plan to read it though, when I am not too busy.

Yours truly
                  Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Any resolution?

Looks like it's been about 3 years since anyone's commented on this thread. Was there ever any resolution for this?

Comment

• I don't think so, Sam. I think it's well and truly defunct. It has ceased to be. It is a late periodical.

Comment

• pining

Hello Robert. Perhaps it is merely pining for a publisher? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• I offered (the general readership) to take it up as publisher, but only if I could get Simon Wood to be my editor-in-chief. That was before the NIR went kaput. What do posters say now? Are there still one too many Ripper-related publications out there?

Hey, Simon. How are things?

Comment

• Ripper-related publications

Hello Scott,

As far as I know, there are currently three Ripper-related publications. They are, in chronological order, Ripperana, Ripperologist (at present on the eve of publishing its 131st issue) and the Whitechapel Journal. In my view, none of them is one too many.

Cheers,
                            Hook
                            Asante Mungu leo ni Ijumaa.
                            Old Swahili Proverb

Comment

• So has Dan ever resurfaced

So still no sign of Dan then? No apology, no explanation, just ran away...?

Comment

• Originally posted by sushka View Post
                                So still no sign of Dan then? No apology, no explanation, just ran away...?
                                Sad. I did enjoy writing for it back in the day.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X