"Crime Scene" Sketch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let there be light.

Hello Tom. Well, not according to Dr. Sequeira. He claimed that it was light enough without any additional light added. (Evans & Skinner, p. 208.)

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

no offense

Hello Christer. Hope that wasn't offensive.

I am used to that view, but seeing you go that route would be like seeing Gareth become a Maybrickian or Tom coming out in favour of van Gogh.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Does anyone else think it a little odd that the killer chose that particular corner of Mitre Square? It was the darkest corner, perhaps, but it was also the closest to Mitre Street from which Pc Watkins would enter. Wouldn't the entrance to St James Passage have been a better bet, as it would have placed him closer to an escape route and given him slightly longer to react to the officer's approach? Did he perhaps gamble on the likelihood that the beats would not be reversed? Just a thought.

Regards, Bridewell.
        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Lynn:

"... seeing you go that route would be like seeing Gareth become a Maybrickian or Tom coming out in favour of van Gogh."

Haha! Watch that proportion sense of yours, Lynn! It´s out of balance.

The best,
          Fisherman

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
            Does anyone else think it a little odd that the killer chose that particular corner of Mitre Square? It was the darkest corner, perhaps, but it was also the closest to Mitre Street from which Pc Watkins would enter. Wouldn't the entrance to St James Passage have been a better bet, as it would have placed him closer to an escape route and given him slightly longer to react to the officer's approach? Did he perhaps gamble on the likelihood that the beats would not be reversed? Just a thought.

Regards, Bridewell.
            Hi Bridewell

Of course since we know so little about the possible identity of the killer, it is always treacherous to try to impute thoughts and motives. Nonetheless, and here I doing just that (!), the darkest corner of the square might have been chosen both because of the darkness but also the thrill knowing a bobby might approach at any moment.

Best regards

Chris
            Christopher T. George
            Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
            just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
            For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
            RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Hi All,

"Ripper Corner" in Mitre Square enjoyed direct line-of-sight from the end of Church Passage at its junction with Duke Street.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LINE OF SIGHT (480x640).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	663964

Who's to say that the two people seen by Lawende actually were Eddowes and her nemesis?

Regards,

Simon
              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

I can´t help but to think that it would have been primarily the prostitute´s choice. If the killer started going "Nah, I would prefer that corner over there", I am inclined to think that the prostitute would get nervous.
                There was also the wooden gate in that corner, and it has been suggested that these gates were preferred spots for prostitutes, giving way slightly during sex and making it a bit more comfy than a brick wall.
                The wooden gate and the darkness would in combination make for a useful "transaction spot" I think, and therefore my guess is that Eddowes led the way.

The best,
                Fisherman

Comment

Hi Fisherman,

Do you not think that the wooden palings, metal hinges and latch might have squeaked and groaned in ecstasy?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Quite possibly, Simon. But who would care? Besides, Kate never got to test it, by the looks of things.

Myself, I´d be more wary of splinters in unwanted places.

The best,
                    Fisherman

Comment

First things first.

Hello Christer, Simon. Well, if I were Kate, the first order of business would be taking a wee wee and eating a sandwich, hey?

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                        Hello Christer. Thanks.

I look on it with tears in my eyes.

For "Double Eventers," we are to imagine that the assailant cut Liz's throat less deeply. Why? Well, perhaps he had failed to take his vitamins that day.

But now, hark! Dimshits is a-coming! Drat, must escape somehow. So he hightails it to Mitre sq where he vents his frustrations on Kate. Now he is pumped (after about a 45 minute lull). Oy!

Cheers.
                        LC
                        Hi LC
                        For "Double Eventers," we are to imagine that the assailant cut Liz's throat less deeply. Why? Well, perhaps he had failed to take his vitamins that day.

Perhaps because she was not already dead/unconscious and/or on the ground when her throat was cut.
                        "Is all that we see or seem
                        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                          Hi Bridewell.

It's my impression that the location chosen gave the killer several different escape routes to choose from, enabling him to make his get-away based upon the direction from which he heard approaching footsteps.

Best regards,
                          Archaic

Comment

inverse proportionality

Hello Abby. Are you suggesting that:

1. Dead--deep cut.

2. Not dead--less deep cut?

Any particular reason why?

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

Hi Lynn,

I'm inclined to agree with you about the tinkle and sandwich.

At 1.35 am, half an hour after exiting Bishopsgate Police Station, I would have thought that a fourpenny shag was the last thing on her mind.

But, then, that's the Authorized Version for you.

Carry on.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

priorities

Hello Simon. The ABSOLUTE last, in my mind.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X