The Whitechapel Murders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Whitechapel Murders

Sorry this note is leaving it a bit late but there is a programme on the 'Crime' channel this afternoon at two-o-clock entitled 'The Whitechapel Murders'. The 'blurb' reads:

'Has the fog finally lifted to reveal the identity of England's most infamous murderer? Sensational new evidence leads from the streets of London to the Niagra Falls'. (Crikey!)

I know much of the stuff on this Channel is repeated ad infinitum and I don't know if I have seen it before, myself. Thought I'd let folk know, though.

I hadn't seen it before. The suspect 'fingered' by this particular programme was Francis Tumblety and the 'evidence' included the discovery of a couple of cheap rings, found amongst Tumblety's possessions after his death which, we were told, he could have taken from the body of Annie Chapman after he'd killed her. (Definitely said that they were Annie's rings which made me wonder a bit because I've read somewhere that it was Catherine Eddowes who had the rings taken from her body)
    Last edited by Ophelia; 02-16-2009, 12:22 AM.

Comment

The documentary was made as a result of the book "Jack the Ripper-The First American Serial Killer" aka "The Lodger" by Stewart P. Evans and Paul Gainey. I have seen the documentary on numerous occasions, but watched it again, and thoroughly recommend the book!
      Regards Mike

Comment

Hi all!

My weekend was brightened up by finding a film called Mee-Shee on Saturday morning....about a monster.....another monster docu on Sunday afternoon,swiftly followed by our very own Stewart doing JTR...

Looking very smart in his uniform,I must say!!

Found all three quite by accident,from scrolling through the menu of my dream box.

Good times!!

Comment

The programme first referred to was part of Channel Four's SECRET HISTORY series and was aired in 1996. Videos of it are available for pennies on eBay. Although it is predominantly Tumbelty-based by its very nature, it is obviously a good one.

PHILIP
          Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
            The documentary was made as a result of the book "Jack the Ripper-The First American Serial Killer" aka "The Lodger" by Stewart P. Evans and Paul Gainey. I have seen the documentary on numerous occasions, but watched it again, and thoroughly recommend the book!

Thanks, Mike! I shall seek out the book!

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
              The programme first referred to was part of Channel Four's SECRET HISTORY series and was aired in 1996. Videos of it are available for pennies on eBay. Although it is predominantly Tumbelty-based by its very nature, it is obviously a good one.

PHILIP

It may be because I'm easily swayed, Philip, but I now believe that Tumblety 'dunnit'!

Comment

Working...
              X