Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardh View Post
    Here is Jon's Drawing visualised:

Is Prater's door in the right position - to the right of the stairs?

[edit....]
    Sorry, misunderstood your drawing...

Yes, the side door (Praters door) would be at that location.
    Last edited by Wickerman; 12-12-2015, 05:22 PM.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Richard.
      Praters door was down the side yes, but it may not have been within that 9ft deep area.
      If you look at No.26 from the front there is a side door adjacent to Millers Court passage. Based on the terrace house I was raised in, I suspect that front door entered a passage inside the house, so a partition may have existed to separate the front room (shed) from the entry passage reached via that front door.

The side door (Praters door), may have opened into that front passage? So would not be seen within the 9ft area.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Richard.

Have you considered the stairs might run across the back of the 'shed'?
        So, the side door (Praters door) opened directly opposite the stairs. Something like...

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Maybe this will help you place the position of the stairway door. It looks to be under the arch.
          Attached Files
          there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Here is another view, windows boarded up.
            Attached Files
            there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Sorry all, My measurments and models are WAY off! I will have to start again as I have totally misinterpreted the layout and hence the measurments & locations of doors and stuff.

Will have another go over the next few days

Sorry for buggering things up.

R
              JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
              JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
              ---------------------------------------------------
              JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Richard
                No need to apologise.
                Most find your work fascinating, I for one am happy to wait as long as it takes

Elamarna

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
                  Sorry all, My measurments and models are WAY off! I will have to start again as I have totally misinterpreted the layout and hence the measurments & locations of doors and stuff.

Will have another go over the next few days

Sorry for buggering things up.

R
                  Hi Richard

Nice to know that you've seen sense on this one. I'm a big fan of your graphics but your work here has been illogical and quite nonsensical. Basing your work on Simon Wood's dodgy 2005 diagram wasn't a good idea. Didn't you realise that the store room and the Shed weren't on the same floor? I sussed out the inevitable internal layout of 26 Dorset Street and the connection with 13 Millers Court and 'Prater's stairs' years ago and if you want my help in creating a realistic video just ask.
                  allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                    Maybe this will help you place the position of the stairway door. It looks to be under the arch.
                    No. It doesn´t help. You need to use Goad´s fire insurance plan and calculate the distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardh View Post
                      2.39 m from Dorset street is only 7.8 ft ! That's not far enough into the passage surely? By my calculations the doorway needs to be a minimum of 13 ft into the passage. No13 partition wall is 22 ft from Dorset St. frontages. Minus 9 ft (the landing/stairs) means Prater's door NEEDS to be between 13 and 21 ft into the passage. Or are my calculations off?
                      How do you calculate the 13 ft?

Regards Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                        How do you calculate the 13 ft?
                        Guess what happens when you take away 9 from 22 Pierre.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                          Guess what happens when you take away 9 from 22 Pierre.
                          Guess what happens when he gets proved wrong
                          He snaps...
                          “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

• Yes, I freely admit that I've got this model and layout badly wrong. Back to the drawing board.
                            Soz

Comment

• Thanks Stephen, I could do with some help on this one so If you've got some plans/maps/drawings etc. that I could look at then I would be very grateful indeed.

To be fair to Simon my model of 'Prater's Stairs' wasn't based on anything other than the 1 x 1ft grid squares he used for his plan of No.13.

In my model, the store room is on the 1st floor landing (the 9 x 5 room between the front and back rooms). The shed didn't have an actual store room in the model, it just 'borrowed' space from 'Prater's Stairs divided by a partition.

All that's academic now since the model turned out to be whack!

Thanks for any help you can provide. I'll endeavour to do it right this time (although I can't promise )

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                              Hi Richard

Nice to know that you've seen sense on this one. I'm a big fan of your graphics but your work here has been illogical and quite nonsensical. Basing your work on Simon Wood's dodgy 2005 diagram wasn't a good idea. Didn't you realise that the store room and the Shed weren't on the same floor? I sussed out the inevitable internal layout of 26 Dorset Street and the connection with 13 Millers Court and 'Prater's stairs' years ago and if you want my help in creating a realistic video just ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardh View Post
                                Yes, I freely admit that I've got this model and layout badly wrong. Back to the drawing board.
                                Soz
                                It's a noble effort nonetheless. I think it's admirable that you have put the time and energy in recreating something to give us all a better understanding of the layout. I look forward to your revised model.

Comment

Working...
                                X