Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
    Christer,

Do you ever correspond with Derek F. Osborne?
    No. He was approached when the docu was made, but he was not interested in participating at all and I got the feeling that he was negative on the whole to the work we did.

Before somebody shouts "Ha! Well, he would, considering what a rot the docu was!", Iīd like to say that I donīt think he was informed about how the docu was to be shaped or what it would say in any detail. Osborneīs stance seemed to come elsewhere from, but I have no idea what lay behind it.

I donīt know whether Edward has approached him, but I donīt think so to be honest.

Why do you ask?

Comment

• Christer. Nobody was seen with the freshly killed bodies of any other victims. Until you've cleared Nobody you can't pin them on Cross.

Nobody remains the prime suspect in those cases. I'd go so far as to say we have enough to hang him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
        No, not in the least. He is a suggested entity who nobody knows if he ever existed, a figment of imagination. If he is ever proven to have existed, he seizes to be a phantom killer. If not, that status remains.
        I see. So those that espouse Tumblety, or Kosminski, or Bury, or Ostrog, or Carroll, or Sickert, or Druitt, or Hutchinson, or Mann, or Barnett, or Gull, or Deeming, or Feigenbaum, or Thomson, or Cream, or Champman.... They all call anyone other than their man "the phantom" (until he's "named"), too? and I just wasn't aware of it? Because I thought most of them used terms like "another suspect" or "someone else" or "not my guy". Seems somewhat disingenuous......or desperate. But, okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
          Christer. Nobody was seen with the freshly killed bodies of any other victims. Until you've cleared Nobody you can't pin them on Cross.

Nobody remains the prime suspect in those cases. I'd go so far as to say we have enough to hang him.
          Name one ... only one victim that had not been seen with someone except Nichols!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainbow View Post
            Name one ... only one victim that had not been seen with someone except Nichols!
            What Henry said was:

Nobody was seen with the freshly killed bodies of any other victims

It not the same as a victim being seen in the company of someone while alive.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
              What Henry said was:

Nobody was seen with the freshly killed bodies of any other victims

It not the same as a victim being seen in the company of someone while alive.

Steve
              Indeed. Im sorry you've had to waste your time pointing that out Steve. And in any case, Rainbow, it was a light-hearted comment aimed at Christer, who I'm quite sure would've responded less... stridently.

But thanks for trying!

Comment

• The fact that Nichols hadn't been seen with anyone, whatsoever, will not help the case of this ugly phantom killer existence!

Even this very small detail, doesn't help such a fictional scenario!

oh Lechmere, you realy need a damn good lawyer!

Comment

Christer. Nobody was seen with the freshly killed bodies of any other victims. Until you've cleared Nobody you can't pin them on Cross.

Mmm. But this is about the Nichols murder only - that is where he is the prime suspect.

As a matter of fact, Nobody may be the phantom killer we are looking for on the streets surrounding Bucks Row - clearly, Neil said that there was Nobody.

I rate Lechmere the number one suspect in Bucks Row, with Nobody coming in as the second best bid.

And I rank Nobody as the first bid in the other cases, with Lechmere coming in as the contender.

Comment

And I rank Nobody as the first bid in the other cases, with Lechmere coming in as the contender.
                    Spot on !!!
                    Last edited by Rainbow; 06-27-2017, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
                      I see. So those that espouse Tumblety, or Kosminski, or Bury, or Ostrog, or Carroll, or Sickert, or Druitt, or Hutchinson, or Mann, or Barnett, or Gull, or Deeming, or Feigenbaum, or Thomson, or Cream, or Champman.... They all call anyone other than their man "the phantom" (until he's "named"), too? and I just wasn't aware of it? Because I thought most of them used terms like "another suspect" or "someone else" or "not my guy". Seems somewhat disingenuous......or desperate. But, okay.
                      Well, if youīre okay, then I am too.

As an aside, the Bucks Row murder differs from the rest, since there is a suspect who is proven to have been found close by the body and with no corroboration of the alibi he gives himself. In that case, any invented other killer has to be a phantom killer until otherwise proven.

In George Yard, Hanbury Street, Dutfields Yard, Mitre Square and Dorset Street, there are no suspects who have been found with a victim and with no alibi. Diemschitz, perhaps, comes closest, and if anybody champions him as the killer, that anybody would need to regard the suggestion that somebody else snuck in and did the killing as a suggestion of another phantom killer. That is what a man who leaves no trace, is reported by nobody and is only a suggestion on behalf of somebody conjuring up a scenario amounts to. Itīs not as if we can regard the phantom killer as a real man with a proven existence, is it?
                      Last edited by Fisherman; 06-27-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Mmm. But this is about the Nichols murder only - that is where he is the prime suspect.

As a matter of fact, Nobody may be the phantom killer we are looking for on the streets surrounding Bucks Row - clearly, Neil said that there was Nobody.

I rate Lechmere the number one suspect in Bucks Row, with Nobody coming in as the second best bid.

Fair enough, sir, fair enough. I used to believe that Somebody was good for the other killings, but I now think he was framed for something Nobody did. I'm not saying Somebody did nothing, but Nobody definitely had something to do with it.

Comment

Fair enough, sir, fair enough. I used to believe that Somebody was good for the other killings, but I now think he was framed for something Nobody did. I'm not saying Somebody did nothing, but Nobody definitely had something to do with it.
                          Have you considered that it may have been Anybody who did for Stride?

Comment

Anybody be damned! Everybody killed Stride!

Comment

Thinking of Stride and the Club, were we not recently told it was Everybody rather than Anybody.

Steve

Update Henry beat me.

Comment

• Well, at least we seem to have gotten Nobody off the hook, and thatīs a good thing. I think he is underrated in Ripperological circuits, and that he was a good guy.
                                After all, Nobody seems to have had the solution, we all agree on that. And Nobody accused Lechmere.

Case closed, Anybody?

Comment

Working...
                                X