Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could solve any non-JTR mystery which would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An intriguing mystery which, as far as I'm aware, has never been solved :

The single debuted on Billboard's Hot 100 on August 7, 1961, and remained for twelve weeks, peaking at # 7[3]. Mann's version did not chart in the UK, though...

Comment

Please take this thread seriously. No one likes a comedian.

Comment

Valerie Percy, a pretty young woman and daughter of Us Senator killed in her home in 1966. No obvious signs of intruder. Like Betsy Aardsma case, there has been recent hints at a solution, but nothing conclusive. This occurred in Kenilworth, Illinois, a very wealthy suburb of Chicago. The house was famed for having a tree in it. A large part of my family is from the town just north of this and I've heard the story my whole life

Fifty years later, it remains one of Illinois’ best-known and most mysterious unsolved killings. Valerie Jean Percy, 21, was found beaten and stabbed to death in her bed Sept. 18, 1966, in he…

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanSherlock View Post
          JonBenet Ramsey

Betsy Aardsma, girl stabbed thru heart in public library at PSU in 1969 (not totally convinced that it was Richard Haefner as 2 recent books assert)

Julia Wallace (mainly to shut a certain someone up on the thread as I'm confident in my theory )

Martha Moxley, probably the case I know most about. I live close to it and even know some of the periphery characters. I do not think Michael Skakel was guilty. He is out on appeal now. Would really want to know for sure. If I had to pick 1, it would probably be this one.

Graham, if you hire me and fund my stay at a hotel as well as "business dinners" with your friends and colleagues so I can gain greater insight into your character, I will promise to solve that mystery for you within a few months.
          Who can you mean
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
            The "trailing so" is a pet peeve of mine, usually appearing in interviews with sports stars.

"We've been putting in a lot of work on the practice field recently, so..."

So... what, exactly? I'm still waiting.
            Hi Gareth,

I think it means “so.........I can’t think of anything remotely intelligible to say.”
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
              I think it means “so.........I can’t think of anything remotely intelligible to say.”
              That's the impression I get, too, Herlock.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                1. JonBenét Ramsey
                2. Jason Jolkowski
                3. Ali Lowitzer

Would be my personal picks.
                Definitely RAMSEY case
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                  Why have people started beginning a sentence with an unnecessary ‘so.’

You hear it on tv all the time. Quiz shows for example.

“Ok Paul, what do you do for a living?”

“So I work for an advertising agency.”

“And what are your hobbies?”

“So I love to travel.”

WHY?!
                  You'll know it's bad if one of them replies to that last question: So, I love to sew!"

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    An intriguing mystery which, as far as I'm aware, has never been solved :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXmsLe8t_gg
                    It is intriguing, and catch.

It reminds me of a minor question that is a song: "Who Wrote the Book of Love?"

The answer is "Ovid wrote an ancient book of that title. Stendhal one of the same title in the 19th Century."

Another mystery questions of a minor sort I like is from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". If you recall the evil looking and cackling figure guarding the bridge they must cross insists they must answer three questions correctly to pass safely or be tossed into the abyss forever. Eric Idle sees John Cleese have no trouble, and figures this is a joke. He goes up and passes the first two questions (his name, and what he is doing). The third one is "What is the capital of Assyria?" Idle doesn't know, so his character ("Sweet Sir Robin") is thrown into the chasm. The answer was "Nineveh!"

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanSherlock View Post
                      Valerie Percy, a pretty young woman and daughter of Us Senator killed in her home in 1966. No obvious signs of intruder. Like Betsy Aardsma case, there has been recent hints at a solution, but nothing conclusive. This occurred in Kenilworth, Illinois, a very wealthy suburb of Chicago. The house was famed for having a tree in it. A large part of my family is from the town just north of this and I've heard the story my whole life

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...906-story.html
                      I remember when it happened. Her father was Senator Charles Percy. About the time it happened (the late 1960s) Senator Percy was preparing to campaign for the Presidential nomination. This ended that plan.

Jeff.

Comment

More seriously now:

The Bravo Poisoning Case

The disappearance of SS. Waratah in 1909.

And one with more fun to it (possibly):

The chance whereabouts of the missing Marx Brother silent movie, "Humorisk" made about 1925. Groucho did not like this short (made around NYC) and said he hoped it would never reappear. One critic said it is a good thing it is missing, because all us silent film geeks might insist it was the greatest of all Marx Brother films. But Groucho depended on sound for his waspish style of one liners and dialogue to come out - so he naturally disliked a silent movie. And although I love good silent films, and silent comedies, I do not think that a totally silent Marx Brother film would ever replace "Duck Soup" or "A Night At the Opera" as their best film.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                          Hello Ginger,

I remember this case. I don't think her disappearance was that unbelievable, bearing in mind there was a thronging crowd there to see the travelling show. Anyone could've taken her. Only takes a second for a child to be snatched.

Quite sad that all her immediate family passed away never knowing the truth.
                          I tend to see the crowd as an obstacle to abduction. One scream, and the villain is undone.
                          - Ginger

Comment

Black Dahlia

Blonde Dolly
                            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

No-one said it had to be a murder mystery.

- Who were the "Sea Peoples"?
                              - What was the true northern extent of the Egyptian Empire under Thutmosis III?
                              - Who was the "Hornet" who drove out the foreigners prior to the arrival of the Israelites?
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

What happened to Ambrose Bierce?

Did George Reeves kill himself?

What was Edgar Allen Poe doing in the hours prior to his being found wandering the streets?

Is love really "all" we need?
                                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                                ---------------
                                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                                ---------------

Comment

Working...
                                X