Death by raptor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    I believe ostriches and cassowaries are the only birds documented to have killed adult humans.
    And Emus.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

People look upon Australia as the home of every dangerous creature that walks, crawls, or throws telephones at hotel staff. This is true. But anyone with Australian friends – and not just those peo…
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        I believe ostriches and cassowaries are the only birds documented to have killed adult humans.
        I do believe there have been documented deaths due to swans, although I have no cite to offer.
        - Ginger

Comment

Not really direct killed.

The wife of a man who drowned two years ago after an aggressive swan attacked him is suing his employer and the condo complex where he cared for the birds.

But a few more here

Birds can be more deadly than they look. Sharp bills, strong legs, territorial instincts and the ability to fly create a "warbird", with unmatched ferocity.
          G U T

Comment

I’m sure that the Freemasons were involved in this somehow
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
              Maybe an owl killed the Ratliff woman, also found dead at the bottom of stairs and also Peterson was last person with her.

Cmon this dude is a mess and probably killed two women. I’d be more concerned that this jack ass is now free again.
              I don't think he killed Ratliff, but if he did and got away with it, maybe a random owl attack was just karma's way of levelling the score. Or maybe he trained a bird of prey to attack his wife, who knows?
              I'm not saying that the guy is a saint, not even trying to defend him, directly. I'm just trying to make sense of the physical evidence. And however improbable it might be, owl attack fits the evidence much better than the only two scenarios that were suggested at the time; homicide or accidental fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                I’m sure that the Freemasons were involved in this somehow
                I'm not sure that you're taking this thread entirely seriously.
                Now, excuse me, I need to research the owl population of late Victorian Whitechapel.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                  I'm not sure that you're taking this thread entirely seriously.
                  Now, excuse me, I need to research the owl population of late Victorian Whitechapel.
                  A researchers work never ends Joshua.

Never trust an owl.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Death by Owl: http://hauntedohiobooks.com/news/str...eath-by-owl-2/
                    - Ginger

Comment

I had not heard of this case before, and was a bit amazed by the owl theory, but tonight I saw some of the television documentary "The Staircase" which was aired in three parts on the series "An American Murder", and it is certainly strange. It was on the ID Channel, for anyone interested.

I looked up Michael Peterson at Wikipedia and got a very good overview of his case. The owl theory is real, and could hold water, perhaps.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mich...murder_suspect)

Very interesting case. No blood on his shirt seems a telling clue
                      for his innocence. But the death in Germany is also curious.
                      Anyway, thought I'd update the thread with the info on the documentary, and try to get it back on track for those interested.
                      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

Don't forget that the owl feathers were microscopic. Had she been attacked by a bird, I would expect to see more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                          Don't forget that the owl feathers were microscopic. Had she been attacked by a bird, I would expect to see more than that.
                          Maybe, maybe not. One theory is the owl buffeted her head, and she reached up and grabbed its feet. Many owls have down feathers on their legs, and these feathers ARE microscopic.
                          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                          ---------------
                          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                          ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                            Maybe, maybe not. One theory is the owl buffeted her head, and she reached up and grabbed its feet. Many owls have down feathers on their legs, and these feathers ARE microscopic.
                            HI PC
                            no way. first of all the there is no way in hell and owl is going to inflict that kind of damage, let alone kill a grown person. Secondly this is the second time this guy has killed someone using the stair excuse.
                            Thirdly, she had been working out side-easily could have picked up bird feathers inadvertently.

its ridiculous.
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                              The husband had means, motive ($1.5m life insurance) and opportunity for the murder. There was also blood splatter found inside his shorts.

I doubt that a tumble down a small flight of stairs could've caused the fractured thyroid cartilage on her throat. Did the owl strangle her as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                                The husband had means, motive ($1.5m life insurance) and opportunity for the murder. There was also blood splatter found inside his shorts.

I doubt that a tumble down a small flight of stairs could've caused the fractured thyroid cartilage on her throat. Did the owl strangle her as well?
                                bingo. maybe the owl killed the first wife as well! LOL
                                "Is all that we see or seem
                                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X