Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Flynn did not decide to meet with the Russian's all by himself.
    He did so because he was advised to, so who advised him to? Who else....

If it is discovered that Trump knew about all this in advance they finally might have something with which to impeached him.
    Which leaves Mike Pence as POTUS. Not exactly an ideal outcome for the Left.
    - Ginger

Comment

• An interesting article the other day (I'll see if I can find a podcast) speculating that some of his behaviour is so bizarre and some of his statements so wacky that they might use the constitution (sec 25 ss4 I think they said) to remove him on the basis he can't find where his marbles are.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
        Well, Pence doesn't appear to be ignorant, juvenile, arrogant, self-centered and obnoxious.

I do have to wonder why he curls his eyebrows and furrows his brow every time he responds to a question, he looks in agony.

If this Presidential turmoil continues we will have a hard time distinguishing from a real White House press conference, and a Saturday Night Live comedy skit.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
          You have a good point, but given the toboggan ride currently the turmoil would settle down quite a bit (i.e., Pence would behave normally, as he had experience in the public offices before). On the other hand, if real evidence ever surfaced that Trump planned with Putin the demolition of the Democratic ticket in 2016, and it led to Trump's resignation, Pence would be in an awkward position too. People would wonder if he was (as Trump would put it, as he did somewhat in the campaign about HIS possible defeat), in on the fix as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
            You have a good point, but given the toboggan ride currently the turmoil would settle down quite a bit (i.e., Pence would behave normally, as he had experience in the public offices before). On the other hand, if real evidence ever surfaced that Trump planned with Putin the demolition of the Democratic ticket in 2016, and it led to Trump's resignation, Pence would be in an awkward position too. People would wonder if he was (as Trump would put it, as he did somewhat in the campaign about HIS possible defeat), in on the fix as well!
            The Republicans are going along with Trump for now, because he appears to be doing the things stuff that they want. On the other hand, it's become ever clearer that the man is unhinged. The leading nation in the world cannot be led by a madman, and my feeling is that the Republicans (GOP) are eventually going to realize that. This man is just too dangerous. It isn't about Hillary Clinton, although I did vote for her. That boat has sailed. If it has to be President Mike Pence so be it. Better a sober and steady hand on the tiller than an unbalanced man!!!
            Christopher T. George
            Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
            just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
            For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
            RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

• I find this deeply, deeply disturbing:

Watch the heated exchange between Newsnight's Evan Davis and an aide to the president.

Practically orwellian. I can think of non-fictional examples, too.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                I find this deeply, deeply disturbing:

Watch the heated exchange between Newsnight's Evan Davis and an aide to the president.

Practically orwellian. I can think of non-fictional examples, too.
                Hello Sam

Yes it is Orwellian. Donald Trump is bad for the United States and the world. The man has to go. He is just too dangerous to remain in office.

Best regards

Chris
                Christopher T. George
                Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

• Though reports here have his approval rating at 55% so what is it he is doing right?
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• I'm not sure if he is a madman, or merely an egoistical buffoon being manipulated by Steve Bannon and the alt-right. I noticed the Congressional Black Cacus requested that Mr. Bannon not be in the room when their representatives meet with the President. (Can't say I blame them!)

The attacks on the press and the accusations of "fake news" disturb me, too. I don't understand why his core support group don't see the parallels with what is happening now in the U.S. with what happened in the early years of Nazi Germany. Maybe they haven't studied the past well enough. Granted, he hasn't sent assassins around to get rid of opposition party leaders, but can it be far away? Hatred stirs up strife. Encouraging hatred encourages conflict and prejudice. We must never go back there again.

The thing which gives me hope is the use comedians like Stephen Colbert are making of our right to free speech. Political satire is one of the sharpest weapons around.
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      Though reports here have his approval rating at 55% so what is it he is doing right?
                      Really? I have read it was more like 45%, but it may depend on the approval category. People seem to trust him more with economics than with foreign policy.

I have not read or heard anything suggesting Trump is mentally unbalanced, but there are many comparisons to Richard Nixon (probably the last unbalanced President in recent history).
                      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

Though reports here have his approval rating at 55% so what is it he is doing right?
                        Come on GUT, you obviously are aware that depending on the zoo where a survey is conducted, results will vary tremendously. Don't you know that some USA zoos have more monkey cages than others.

Respectfully yours,
                        Hercule Poirot

Comment

Nothing, really! The fact is newly elected presidents normally enjoy a honeymoon period and, on that basis, Trump's approval rating of 40%, one month after taking office, is by far the lowest of any American president in history at this stage of a presidency: 21 points lower than the average, and 10 points lower than Bill Clinton's previous record low. See: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7586931.html And: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7563091.html

In fact, a Republican president must know that things are not going well when even a Fox News anchor thinks your unhinged! http://www.theroot.com/even-fox-news...hit-1792487295

Meanwhile, the odds on Trump being impeached have shortened to 11/10: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7577886.html
                          Last edited by John G; 02-19-2017, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• "Whatever Trump can do, we can do better...."

Mexican drug dealers invest in technology...

The catapult was attached to the top of a border fence near the Douglas Port of Entry, which is about two hours southeast of Tucson, Customs and Border Protection officials said in a statement Tuesday. The device appeared to be constructed of square tubing and a heavy spring welded together, with rope tied around parts of it.
                            Border Patrol agents in Arizona thwarted some clever drug smugglers and dismantled a drug catapult used to launch marijuana into the United States from Mexico.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• I also assume that Pole Vaulting is about to become a major sport in Mexico

Comment

• I suspect a touch of Tom, Dick or Harry might be more apposite...

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X