Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John G View Post
    I fhink this is a fair assessment, although Canter pointed out that around 75% of serial sexual murder victims are posed and overkill occurs in 70% of cases.

Regarding whether the murder was less savsge. Tabram waa subjected to what appeared to be a frenzied, and possibly prolonged, knife attack. Contrastingly, the other victims may have been taken by surprise and killed quickly, with the abdominal injuries inflicted post mortem.
    Very true, John - in the other cases, a quick death seems to have been high up in the agenda, whereas Killeen asserted that Tabram lived through her whole ordeal, up to the chest penetrating stab. That is an important difference, but what we must also take into account here is that there were signs of blunt force trauma to the head of Tabram, and so we may have a scenario where she was unconscious as the killer stabbed away. And if a prone body was all he was after, then he may have made do with a blow to the head to ensure it, and only moved on afterwards to the neck cutting business.
    There are two thing to note in this context:

1. Llewellyn said that the abdominal wounds came first in the Nichols case. So it would seem that she may be part of a development that reached it´s form only in Hanbury Street. After that, the killer had shaped his MO for the outdoor killings.
    2. The 1874 torso victim ALSO had received blows to the head, and so we may be looking at a logical development overall.

Comment

• A murder victim with a blow to the head? Whatever next?
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        A murder victim with a blow to the head? Whatever next?
        Playing the clown, are we? If we have two murder victims that have been badly cut up, then a similarity in having received blows to their heads becomes of very great importance.

Having Gareth denying obvious connections? Whatever next?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
          Playing the clown, are we? If we have two murder victims that have been badly cut up...
          Not playing the clown, just pointing out that blunt head trauma is rather common in cases of murder, or manslaughter for that matter. Although, oddly enough, it isn't a feature of the unequivocal Ripper murders.

In the specific case of Tabram, she was killed on some stone stairs, so it's likely that her killer took advantage of this and banged her head against them, rather than hitting her deliberately with a blunt instrument. It's also possible that her head was damaged as a by-product of falling or being thrown to the floor. We cannot necessarily read this as a signature on her killer's behalf.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Not playing the clown, just pointing out that blunt head trauma is rather common in cases of murder, or manslaughter for that matter. Although, oddly enough, it isn't a feature of the unequivocal Ripper murders.

In the specific case of Tabram, she was killed on some stone stairs, so it's likely that her killer took advantage of this and banged her head against them, rather than hitting her deliberately with a blunt instrument. It's also possible that her head was damaged as a by-product of falling or being thrown to the floor. We cannot necessarily read this as a signature on her killer's behalf.
            Sam, what Whitechapel murders are connected to the work of the same hand in your opinion?
            Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

A prostitute with her skirt up? Whatever next?
              yes one lying on the ground that had been stabbed to death, just like the others.
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                Coincidence
                LOL. yes the minimalists thrive on it.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  yes one lying on the ground that had been stabbed to death, just like the others.
                  None of the others were stabbed to death.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I am not comparing cuts to stabs here, Gareth - I am saying that in both cases, the killer targetted the private parts and attacked them with his knife. That looks much like a signature element to me.
                    sure is fish. with the skirt raised also showing an interest in that area.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

sorry, killed with a knife.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                        sorry, killed with a knife.
                        Ah, I see we've moved up one level of abstraction, Abby Unfortunately, there are massive differences in how the knives were used.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I am not comparing cuts to stabs here, Gareth - I am saying that in both cases, the killer targetted the private parts and attacked them with his knife. That looks much like a signature element to me.
                          Tabram's killer didn't target her private parts, which escaped relatively unscathed. Instead, he targeted the throat, chest and upper abdomen... raining down with vicious stabs. Indeed, whilst Tabram's throat was stabbed NINE times (a huge amount, given the size of the target), it was not cut. There were seventeen stab wounds to the chest (again a huge amount), whereas none of the Ripper victims suffered any stabs to the chest, or any significant stab-wounds elsewhere, for that matter. What happened to Tabram shows a very different "signature" to what we see barely three weeks later with Nichols and her canonical successors.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Sam, I was asking this awhile back. Do you believe that any of the C5 or these other crimes are connected by the same hand? What are your criteria for linking them?
                            Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Alice McKenzie was.
                              Looks like the attacks with the shorter knife were stabs, and the attacks with long bladed knife were cuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
                                Sam, I was asking this awhile back. Do you believe that any of the C5 or these other crimes are connected by the same hand? What are your criteria for linking them?
                                I certainly think that Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes fell to the same hand, and probably Kelly too. I link them based on the criteria that they all fell within the same small geographical area, that their throats were cut, their abdomens were cut open and abdominal organs cut out. Whilst the latter criterion didn't apply to Nichols, of course, it appears likely that the killer intended to remove one or more organs after having taken the trouble to cut through her abdominal wall.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Working...
                                X