Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Observer View Post
    Off the top of my head Maybrick had dealings with a firm in the Minories, and I believe it has been suggested that he had lodgings in Middlesex Street. Don't quote me though, I could be wrong
    Yeah, if these are just in the diary alone, then I think we should be skeptical. If it is stuff outside the diary that would be more interesting. Even the watch, but I can't understand it much. Maybe it's his winning lotto numbers and stuff.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipswich_serial_murders
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_...(serial_killer)

Criminal: Steve Wright.
      Victims: 5
      Span of crimes: (approx 6 weeks). 30 October–10 December 2006

Wright possibly knew all his victims. Like JtR he targetted unfortunates. In this case, street prostitutes. He had been living there a few years.
      It was different days of the month,it's not the same.Jtr's specifically happened at the end of the month up to 8-9 of next of next month.I do not see this as likely happening to a local.As posted before the ripper did not care to be seen by witnesses,to me points a little bit more to a visitor who did not care because he did not live in the area covered by the murders,than somebody who permanently lived in the "hot zone".To me most likely a visitor,although both are possible. We have to disagree.

-------
      Last edited by Varqm; 10-20-2018, 02:43 PM.
      Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
      M. Pacana

Comment

• Originally posted by Varqm View Post
        It was different days of the month,it's not the same.Jtr's specifically happened at the end of the month up to 8-9 of next of next month.I do not see thisas likely happening to a local.As posted before the ripper did not care to be seen by witnesses,to me points a little bit more to a visitor who did not care because he did not live in the area covered by the murders,than somebody who permanently lived in the "hot zone".To me most likely a visitor .
        although both are possible. We have to disagree.

-------
        I am more than willing to entertain the idea the hot zone is a bolthole. Whatever it is, home, bolthole, pub, lodging house, dog house, straw bed in a sewerage pipe, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that JtR sought to drive attention away from this area because... he can be associated with it. Simple as that.

Commuter models, Marauder models (more likely because of Apron piece) are all welcome. They just need explaining is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Varqm View Post
          As posted before the ripper did not care to be seen by witnesses
          It was hardly likely that he would have been recognised, given that the area had the population of a large town in today's terms. We can tell by how long it took to identify some of the victims that this was a neighbourhood where one could easily be quite anonymous.

I don't think that Jack was a "commuter" simply because he didn't "commute" anywhere else. Why would he keep coming back to the same small area, when he had all of London at his disposal?
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
            I don't think that Jack was a "commuter" simply because he didn't "commute" anywhere else. Why would he keep coming back to the same small area, when he had all of London at his disposal?
            Some SKs are mission-driven. You would expect them not to hit the same strips and in the same places at all, yet they do, but inevitably tend to also move on as you say. Some of them talking about cleaning the place up and deliberately head off to a specific zone for awhile.

In terms of Whitechapel though the commuter idea started with the idea of 'slumming' where wealthier people dressed up the part and went into the rougher parts of someplace. It's called 'liking a bit of the rough'. Which reminds me... it's been awhile since I did that myself and the people I meet usually turn out to be an ace bunch in the end. Probably explains why so many people went slumming it back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

Two reasons, the first being that it was close to where his ship was docked, and secondly, he knew where prostitutes were to be found especially late at night.

On that basis all the geo profiling permutations as shown by the caped crusader go out the window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                Two reasons, the first being that it was close to where his ship was docked, and secondly, he knew where prostitutes were to be found especially late at night.

On that basis all the geo profiling permutations as shown by the caped crusader go out the window.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                That's why you claim the bloody apron piece was a sanitary pad that Eddowes ripped off the apron she was wearing instead of using one of the 12 pieces of white rag she had on her instead. Not only that but Eddowes, the "MacGyver" of having everything but the kitchen sink on her, also had... 1 piece of old white apron with repair. Yet she has to go rip a piece of the apron she is wearing and chuck it on Goulston St. (presumably meaning she is a suspect also for the GSG while changing her sanitary conditions) before she goes off and gets herself murdered by Trevor's Carl Feigenbaum, who apparently needs to run away south towards the docks instead of up Goulston St with the bloody apron piece and into the hot zone because presumably, it's ok to just guess Feigenbaum took a Norddeutscher Lloyd Line on the ship to London in 1888 (despite the same line running to approx 10 other places around the world he could guess from) and therefore is Jack is the Ripper.

Oh yeah, and Long needs to be blamed for not seeing the bloody apron piece, AGAIN.

I think it is fantastic that today we have DNA evidence to put the dampeners on 'fitting a suspect to some of the evidence and not all of the evidence to a suspect'. Next to imprecise witness identification you can be sure that's behind plenty of those errors of putting the wrong people in jail... or worse, death row.
                Last edited by Batman; 10-20-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Where is that like button when you need it most.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Trevor,

You must consider the availability of a certain type of victim at a certain time of the night, that's far too complicated for the model.

Gary

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                        Trevor,

You must consider the availability of a certain type of victim at a certain time of the night, that's far too complicated for the model.

Gary
                        'Musn't' not 'must'.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                          Trevor,

Gary
                          Thats why geo profiling in these murders is flawed because there are different scenarios, which could equally apply to a lone killer, or more than one killer

If he was the lone killer of all the victims

1. He could have lived locally
                          2. He could have lived outside the area and came into kill, and then exited
                          the area
                          3. He could have been a sailor who arrived on a ship which docked close to
                          Whitechapel. ( The gaps between the murders might suggest a traveler to
                          the Metropolis)

4. If all the victims were not killed by the same hand, again any attempt at
                          geo profiling is flawed because the separate killers could be from one, or
                          all of the aforementioned.

Comment

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                            But where's the proof that all of the victims were prostitute? And if they were, that they were soliciting on the night they were murdered?

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
                              A geographic profile isn't supposed to predict anything definite. It's a tool. A means to an end. Like using a sniffer dog. It's statistical. Sometimes the dog signals and forensics goes into look. Sometimes forensics finds something. Sometimes it doesn't. Hit or miss. However, you go look when it signals.

The geographic profiling is sending out signals from the hot zone.

Here we have the absolutely stunning fact that a hot zone which is not supposed to predict anything other than an area where nothing much is happening from which the offender radiates out from, isn't empty at all.

In fact, it has a homicide close to it and is smack on top of a very small area of interest to JtR researchers.

That is significant. Not insignificant.

Imagine today we do a geographic profile of some cold case and find that hot zone lands very near a homicide people thought might or might not be connected. The geographic profile points at it being related.

More importantly, the murder of Tabram can explain all the others murders occurring away from her. They radiate out around from her.

There is a very good reason for this. That the radiating out from Tabram was done deliberately in order to move the attention away from this area.

This is just another piece that adds to the criteria for why Tabram is a JtR victim. The victimology is there. Now we have more evidence pointing at her being a JtR victim. It all adds up.

Nothing is pointing away from this finding. Like nothing at all. The only criticism appears to be that some people's suspects don't fit here, so they don't like it. They are welcome to that, but obviously, it doesn't make these findings grow legs and run away.
                              But wouldn't the same apply to Emma Smith, who was attacked close to where Tabram was murdered, even though it's far from certain she was Ripper victim? In fact, it's far from certain Tabram was either.

Comment

There were prostitutes aplenty in the Docks and Poplar area. No need to hoof it three miles or more into Spitalfields.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                                X