Soon to come JTR novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon to come JTR novel

For the past years, I've been working on a Jack the Ripper novel, and it should be available soon on Amazon.

The plot goes a bit like this:

It's the diary of an introverted Londoner, Woodrow Riely, who works at the London Hospital's Pathological department and preferred corpses to those surrounding him “...What I appreciate with the dead bodies I handle is they never talk back whenever I say something.” All those he befriends, Fitzgerld, a rich Irish estate owner, his daughter, Elizabeth, whom he falls in love with, Scotland Yard's Inspector Abberline as well as David O'Connell, a member of the Irish Brotherhood, tell him his life will be at risk. The only one helping him is Charles Le Grand (and we all know what of kind this guy was) who turns into a sort of Sherlock Holmes's 'Doctor Watson'. He even crosses the ocean to find Tumblety in New York where, suffering from a mortal disease decides to write his diary which I found on the Canadian quarantine island of Grosse Isle. Regardless of what they say, he still goes on pursuing Tumblety, although he doesn't really know why himself. Is Tumblety the Ripper? Will he succeed in finding him? My Ripper Hunting Days, Reily's diary, will reveal it all.

The title is 'My Ripper Hunting Days'. Here's the blog I set up about it: http://jardinerodemerida.blogspot.com/

I'm totally aware there's hundreds of JTR novels on the market. The main difference is its about someone who lived in Whitechapel and who never expected JTR could change his life.

Of course I'm terrified by the simple idea I decided to work on this project, although I already had three other book projects I've been working on before this one. I gotta have a serious conversation with my shrink. LOL

This is what the paperbook cover should look like.

Cheers,
    Hercule Poirot
    Last edited by Hercule Poirot; 10-03-2016, 06:59 PM.

Congratulations, Hercule! Sounds very intriguing.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Good luck with it.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Felicitations!! J'ai hate de le lire!!!!

Sounds like a great idea.. will it be available on Amazon.com or Amazon.CA?

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
          Felicitations!! J'ai hate de le lire!!!!

Sounds like a great idea.. will it be available on Amazon.com or Amazon.CA?

Steadmund Brand

It should be available on com, ca and uk.
          Hercule

Comment

Sounds good Hercule Poirot.

Cheers John

Comment

Thanks everyone for your support. For the moment, it's almost like a post partem depression: I don't want to hear about the God damn book, but what did you say about it again? LOL

There's still a lot of pre-marketing tasks for me to handle such as pre-publishing reviews, choice of appropriate Amazon categories, promotional considerations like dancing naked on the table in front of potential buyers. Well, you all know how this thing works. LOL

Cheers,
              Hercule Poirot

Comment

Excellent! Très hâte de lire ça!
                Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
                - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
                  Excellent! Très hâte de lire ça!
                  Merci. Moi aussi, j'ai hâte de le lire. LOL Just kidding, of course.
                  Cheers,
                  Hercule Poirot

Comment

Working...
                  X