No announcement yet.

Sickert Was Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To have Sickert's artist's eye for female nudes - and non idealised nudes at that - he has to have some respect for females, their bodies and above all an empathy.
    I suppose, on reflection, that repressedly sexual artists produce mediocre, often caricatured figures - I'd buy that Robert Crumb was more capable of being a serial killer than Sickert, though I like Crumb's art. The "art" of most serial killers in history - from John Wayne Gacy's naive Disney paintings through to Dahmer's poetry - is invariably devoid of anything past a developmentally arrested or untrained talent. Killers with an artisan "skill" - like Ed Gein or Fred West - are ergonomic above aesthetic in approach. Artistic "creative" fury is borne out through their killings or deviancy that leads to killings while their other "work" is very pedestrian.

Comment

• Not Sickert

I used to think it was Walter Sickert, but no longer believe it to be so. I am Leaning more towards George Chapman. He is remembered today mostly because some of the police officers suspected him at the time. I wish I could change my User Name. I seem to be stuck with Sickert. LOL
      Elliott

Comment

• Originally posted by Sickert View Post
        I used to think it was Walter Sickert, but no longer believe it to be so. I am Leaning more towards George Chapman. He is remembered today mostly because some of the police officers suspected him at the time. I wish I could change my User Name. I seem to be stuck with Sickert. LOL
        You could always change it to Sickert and Ebskill
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
        X