Casebook Forums

Casebook Forums (https://forum.casebook.org/index.php)
-   Fiction (https://forum.casebook.org/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   I beg to report the availability of the novel 'My Ripper Hunting Days' (https://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=9966)

Hercule Poirot 11-05-2016 06:49 PM

I beg to report the availability of the novel 'My Ripper Hunting Days'
 


After many years spent writing his novel in the United States, Canada and Mexico, Bernard Boley's first novel is now available on Amazon under the title 'My Ripper Hunting Days'. It's offered in e-book and 5X8 paperback versions.

The story not only involves an actual prime Ripper suspect, the American named Francis Tumblety, but also other well known persons back then such as Scotland Yard's Inspector Frederick Abberline, Whitechapel H-Division, Sergeant William Thick, Vigilante Committee's president, George Lusk, and a crook named Le Grand. All reveal themselves exactly as historical data has presented them, but it's as if the author knew them personally.

The story revolves around a diary found in Canada where its author, Woodrow Reily, writes down his pursuit of the Ripper. If you have enjoyed Agatha Christie's 'Murder on the Orient Express', where Hercule Poirot resolves the crime in the last minutes, prepare yourself for an even more thrilling and mind-blowing ending by reading 'My Ripper Hunting Days'.

GUT 11-05-2016 07:20 PM

Congratulations.

Not sure I'd rate FT as a "Prime Suspect".

In fact I'm not sure there is such a thing.

Elamarna 11-05-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUT (Post 399138)
Congratulations.

Not sure I'd rate FT as a "Prime Suspect".

In fact I'm not sure there is such a thing.



May I echo Geoff's congratulations


steve

Hercule Poirot 11-05-2016 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUT (Post 399138)
Congratulations.

Not sure I'd rate FT as a "Prime Suspect".

In fact I'm not sure there is such a thing.

Thank you Gut.

He is still up there in the suspect list. I used him in my novel because he probably was the most flamboyant of them all. Do I consider him to be the Ripper? Well, you'll have to read the novel to see how I turned him into.

David Green will be offering us his review of the novel in December's edition of Ripperologist. I hope he won't nail me to hard on the Ripper novalists' death row. LOL

Cheers,
Hercule Poirot

Hercule Poirot 11-05-2016 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elamarna (Post 399141)
May I echo Geoff's congratulations


steve

Thank you Steve.

Hercule Poirot 11-05-2016 07:49 PM

The paperback book price is expected to rise, given it will be distributed by major book stores such as Barnes & Noble as well as certified retailers.
Cheers,
Hercule Poirot

Pcdunn 11-05-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercule Poirot (Post 399145)
The paperback book price is expected to rise, given it will be distributed by major book stores such as Barnes & Noble as well as certified retailers.
Cheers,
Hercule Poirot

Congatulations, Hercule! I will look forward to reading your novel.

Hercule Poirot 11-05-2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pcdunn (Post 399147)
Congatulations, Hercule! I will look forward to reading your novel.


Thank you Pat
Hercule Poirot

GUT 11-05-2016 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercule Poirot (Post 399142)
Thank you Gut.

He is still up there in the suspect list. I used him in my novel because he probably was the most flamboyant of them all. Do I consider him to be the Ripper? Well, you'll have to read the novel to see how I turned him into.

David Green will be offering us his review of the novel in December's edition of Ripperologist. I hope he won't nail me to hard on the Ripper novalists' death row. LOL

Cheers,
Hercule Poirot

Certainly wasn't looking to be a downer.

Have you read Michael Hawkey's book?

Not a doubt in my mint Tumblety was one strange bird, but not convinced he was Jack.

Hercule Poirot 11-05-2016 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUT (Post 399149)
Certainly wasn't looking to be a downer.

Have you read Michael Hawkey's book?

Not a doubt in my mint Tumblety was one strange bird, but not convinced he was Jack.

I'm halfway through Hawley's 'The Ripper Haunts'. I told him on my blog that we went through most of the same research on Tumblety. I really enjoy reading him, although we don't come to the same conclusion.

We have different goals, mine being writing a story based on some persons who actually existed and his, hoping to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Tumblety was the Ripper. What concerned me most was to offer something that would turn into a highly plausible fiction which is quite different from delivering solid evidence.

Cheers,
Hercule Poirot


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.