Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC documentary coming up

Hi,
    Just a heads up, there is a documentary/series coming up on the BBC soon called " Victorian Slums".
    Not sure when exactly it's on, but may be an interesting viewing.

Regards.

That sounds very interesting. Thanks for the heads-up, Spyglass, I'll keep an eye out in case it shows up over here.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Comment

The Victorian Slum

For UK and BBC2 viewers this new 5 part show sounds a very interesting experiment.

Starts tomorrow night at 9pm and we will see a group of 21st-century people move into a recreated Victorian slum in London's 1860's East End

hope one of the later episodes will feature on the 1880's and if there is no mention of Jack the ripper I will eat my hat!

Comment

Originally posted by ceejay75 View Post
          For UK and BBC2 viewers this new 5 part show sounds a very interesting experiment.

Starts tomorrow night at 9pm and we will see a group of 21st-century people move into a recreated Victorian slum in London's 1860's East End

hope one of the later episodes will feature on the 1880's and if there is no mention of Jack the ripper I will eat my hat!
          What's your hat made of?
          If it's leather and it comes to it (JTR isn't mentioned) might I suggest the Werner Herzog method (when he said he'd eat his shoe) of boiling in garlic, herbs and stock for 5 hours first.

These are not clues, Fred.
          It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
          They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
          And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
          We will not.

Comment

Tonight BBC 2 9.oclock uk.

Comment

Sounds interesting.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
              X