A doll for sale that belonged to Mary Jane Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A doll for sale that belonged to Mary Jane Kelly

This is for sale on Ebay and not only belonged to Kelly but is haunted by her spirit!
    See post #80 on this thread:
    General discussion about anything Ripper related that does not fall into a specific sub-category. On topic-Ripper related posts only.
    Last edited by Chris Scott; 09-05-2008, 09:41 PM.

However, the opening bid is $9000!

Comment

Any thoughts on this bizarre object?

Comment

Is this in the same category as the piece of Eddowes' shawl??

Graham
        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

For some reason, I find this incredibly disturbing. Not because I believe it is genuine (she picked up the nickname Ginger, but the 'lookalike' doll has the black hair of the photograph of whoever that is that isn't MJK), but it disturbs me greatly that someone has either invented that sick story to take gullible or equally sick people for a ride, or that their own life is so disturbed that they believe this to be real.

On a whole other level that I can't really explain it disturbs me.

Any doll experts here can confirm the style/manufacture date and place et cetera, at least?
          best,

claire

Comment

The photo is from William Perry's book. Other than that, utter gumpf.

Comment

The only word I can think to describe this is disturbing.

Esther

Comment

Hello you all!

All right, trying to make some sense:

1. Who wants to ask for money for a doll possessed by its former owner?!

2. Why they haven't told the details about the origins of Mary Kelly, since they know, that she was born in Munster, 1863?!

3. Like Claire pointed out, real-life's MJK had a hair something between strawberry blonde-ginger!

4. The only item in Miller's Court 13, possibly belonging to MJK, was a copy of a painting "Fisherman's widow"! Even about that there is no absolutely certain data (meaning: of which "Fisherman's widow"s it was copied from!)

5. Yes, I really find this as one of the sick jokes around MJK. Just like the long-lost relatives of hers appearing on these threads at times and disappearing a lot faster!

All the best
                Jukka
                "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Hi all,

It might be worth a telephone call to this Ontario firm that specializes in antique porcelain dolls. Could save some poor bugger $9000!

Their telephone number is:

(519)848-6912
                  between the hours of 9am and 9pm eastern daylight time.

Victorian Porcelain Dolls c/o The Doll House Elora,
                  Box 497, Arthur,
                  Ontario, Canada N0G-1A0,

The doll on the left of their homepage is almost identical to the one for sale on ebay. Notice the contour of the hair and the hair-line itself.

Nicole
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  "We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. And there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."
                  - Ted Bundy

Comment

Hi all,

Advising Ebay of the details of this sham,is probably a good course of action to take.
                    There is certainly some crap being unearthed over this anniversary period.

Comment

From what I've heard, the doll isn't likely to have been found in an Irish family in around 1860s. I'm no expert, but it's something about the head and shoulders aspect of it, and the set of the hands. The hands are definitely a more modern addition, apparently.
                      Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence. The third time, it's enemy action.

Comment

HHhmmm, sounds suspiciously like a book i read years ago about a girl who was killed and whos spirit came back to haunt the proclain doll of the girl now living in her house..

As a book it was a good read (Blind Fury i think it was called)!!! :

Comment

Hi all- I'm no expert either and I don't do dolls of any kind to be honest!! (They give me the willies!!!!) almost as bad as ventriloquist dummies or clowns!! but that doll doesn't work and to be honest wouls 'MJK' have had a doll...I doubt it...OK I've got a bear and A CAT but hey.......
                          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Nicole,

I tried to check the doll out with the company, but they offered to sell me an Eddowes doll. What cheek!

Mike

Joking
                            huh?

Comment

Did anyone hear Mike Read (Ex radio 1 DJ) talking about the sculptures he's made out of sweets?? I was disturbingly put in a mind set of doing the murder sites involving sweets various!! Wow can you imagine!!!...Pass the Curly Wurly!!

Suzi xx
                              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Working...
                              X