Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nathan Shine

Hello everybody, first time poster.
    I Have enjoyed reading regulars posts on here for a few years.

I have been reading on a few old threads on here about a chap called Nathan Shine.
    From what I gather from reading one thread there has been some debate in the past to the suggestion that Nathan was a stride murder witness with the general overall opinion being it's just a story.
    One thing I've never seen pointed out (apologies if it has and I missed it)
    Is that in 1861 census the shine family home was apparently 27 Dorset street.

Also the thread I read mentioned that there was a lengthy debate about Shine discovering Strides body but I can't find it.
    If anyone can remember in which thread that debate came about a link would be great.
    Or failing that if someone can explain why Shine's story was dismissed as fabrication that too would be great.
    Thank you everyone

Welcome to the forum.

I had never heard of this man before, but following a quick search, I find him very interesting.

Maybe months of oral tradition made a knife "appear", and what he really saw was what Schwartz described.

The first thing that pops to mind, is if Schwartz was sent to the police instead of Shine, making Schwartz covering for the kid who was scared.

But that would be assuming they were from the same community.

Still, interesting character. Good luck with your search.
    Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Working...
    X