Casebook Forums

Casebook Forums (https://forum.casebook.org/index.php)
-   Elizabeth Stride (https://forum.casebook.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   For what reason do we include Stride? (https://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=9336)

Harry D 12-18-2015 07:02 AM

For what reason do we include Stride?
 
The murder of Elizabeth Stride has long been considered the odd one out of the 'canonical five' murders. Down the years she has been ruled in and out by numerous Ripper authors and amateur sleuths but the consensus seems to be that she was probably a victim of the serial killer known as 'Jack the Ripper'.

The question is why?

Stride's throat was cut less than an hour before a Ripper-esque murder. Sure, the timing is convenient, but life is full of strange coincidences. The Ripper case certainly isn't an exception to happenstance, e.g. Eddowes giving the same name to the police as the next victim, and Sarah Brown having her throat cut in a domestic on the night of the Double Event.

The lack of mutilations. These are largely attributed to an interruption, hence the savagery of Eddowes' attack by an assumed frustrated Ripper. This is purely speculative. If mutilation was the key, why would the killer attack his victim next to a busy social club? Furthermore, the eyewitness description given by Schwartz of Stride's assailant doesn't jive with the previous murders. And if this man wasn't Stride's killer, it only leaves a small window of opportunity for another murderer to enter stage left.

All we have are two women that are murdered within an hour of each other. Both of them have their throats cut but aside than that there is no evidence that the two murders are related. The only evidence that links them is a letter written by someone claiming to be the killer, which is mainly considered a hoax by most authorities on the subject.

Pcdunn 12-18-2015 07:30 AM

Contemporary police and public opinion linked the two murders as "almost certainly" being the work of the same murderer. We can put the newspaper reports down to hysteria, perhaps, but what about the police?

Abby Normal 12-18-2015 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry D (Post 364477)
The murder of Elizabeth Stride has long been considered the odd one out of the 'canonical five' murders. Down the years she has been ruled in and out by numerous Ripper authors and amateur sleuths but the consensus seems to be that she was probably a victim of the serial killer known as 'Jack the Ripper'.

The question is why?

Stride's throat was cut less than an hour before a Ripper-esque murder. Sure, the timing is convenient, but life is full of strange coincidences. The Ripper case certainly isn't an exception to happenstance, e.g. Eddowes giving the same name to the police as the next victim, and Sarah Brown having her throat cut in a domestic on the night of the Double Event.

The lack of mutilations. These are largely attributed to an interruption, hence the savagery of Eddowes' attack by an assumed frustrated Ripper. This is purely speculative. If mutilation was the key, why would the killer attack his victim next to a busy social club? Furthermore, the eyewitness description given by Schwartz of Stride's assailant doesn't jive with the previous murders. And if this man wasn't Stride's killer, it only leaves a small window of opportunity for another murderer to enter stage left.

All we have are two women that are murdered within an hour of each other. Both of them have their throats cut but aside than that there is no evidence that the two murders are related. The only evidence that links them is a letter written by someone claiming to be the killer, which is mainly considered a hoax by most authorities on the subject.

two words-Peaked cap

DJA 12-18-2015 08:02 AM

Her nickname was Hip Lip Liz.

This was due to a genetic disease.

Jack knew that.

All 5 CV were connected.

If Kate had not been arrested,things might have stopped that night.

Harry D 12-18-2015 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abby Normal (Post 364485)
two words-Peaked cap

How many men wore peaked caps back then, Abby?

How are you sure that Lawende witnessed the same man?

Rosella 12-18-2015 08:12 AM

Yes, peak cap, and the fact that these two murder sites were very close, a 10 to 15 minute walk from each other and only about 45 minutes apart.

I don't think Louis and his cart can be lightly dismissed. If he hadn't come back to the club when he did, if he'd been delayed half an hour say, I think Liz may well have been left in the same state as Kate was to be. Whether Jack would have bothered with a second event that night under those circumstances is debatable of course.

Robert St Devil 12-18-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJA (Post 364490)
Her nickname was Hip Lip Liz.

This was due to a genetic disease.

Jack knew that.

All 5 CV were connected.

If Kate had not been arrested,things might have stopped that night.

Wassup, DJA!

Hows life, bro? Merry Xmas.

I thought that might be part of the story too. That she was called LONG LIZ or LONG STRIDE because of her deformed leg. The post mortem describes her deformed leg. Imagine that it would be evident watching the way she walked.

re: the thread
I see Eliz Stride similar to the Martha Tabram murder in that she was walked back and forth and back again before her murder. But Martha has more in common than the other 4 women; if im correct, eliz stride was the only woman of the six who didnt have her dressed pulled up and her genitalia exposed.

Harry D 12-18-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJA (Post 364490)
Her nickname was Hip Lip Liz.

This was due to a genetic disease.

Jack knew that.

All 5 CV were connected.

If Kate had not been arrested,things might have stopped that night.

Wasn't it 'Hippy Lip Annie'?

Pierre 12-18-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry D (Post 364477)
The murder of Elizabeth Stride has long been considered the odd one out of the 'canonical five' murders. Down the years she has been ruled in and out by numerous Ripper authors and amateur sleuths but the consensus seems to be that she was probably a victim of the serial killer known as 'Jack the Ripper'.

The question is why?

Stride's throat was cut less than an hour before a Ripper-esque murder. Sure, the timing is convenient, but life is full of strange coincidences. The Ripper case certainly isn't an exception to happenstance, e.g. Eddowes giving the same name to the police as the next victim, and Sarah Brown having her throat cut in a domestic on the night of the Double Event.

The lack of mutilations. These are largely attributed to an interruption, hence the savagery of Eddowes' attack by an assumed frustrated Ripper. This is purely speculative. If mutilation was the key, why would the killer attack his victim next to a busy social club?

It was a high risk location like all the other locations. He didnīt do any mutilations since he was heading off to do another one and could not go to the next victim with blood stains on him.

Furthermore, the eyewitness description given by Schwartz of Stride's assailant doesn't jive with the previous murders. And if this man wasn't Stride's killer, it only leaves a small window of opportunity for another murderer to enter stage left.

He loved the small windows of opportunities. That was what made him tick.

All we have are two women that are murdered within an hour of each other. Both of them have their throats cut but aside than that there is no evidence that the two murders are related.

That is not all we have. We have a double event in which both the Metropolitan and the City police went out on the streets hunting for him. He must have enjoyed that enormously.

The only evidence that links them is a letter written by someone claiming to be the killer, which is mainly considered a hoax by most authorities on the subject.

There is more evidence but people donīt understand it.

Regards Pierre

SuspectZero 12-18-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJA (Post 364490)
Her nickname was Hip Lip Liz.

This was due to a genetic disease.

Jack knew that.

All 5 CV were connected.

If Kate had not been arrested,things might have stopped that night.

Hi DJA
How do you know Jack knew that? You say it so matter of factly.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.