Letters to Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letters to Police

I don't think the 'Dear Boss' letter was written by the killer. As well, I doubt ANY of the correspondence received by police, Lusk, etc. was written by the killer.

Of course, we cannot know anything for certain at this point. This is simply my personal feeling. In my personal composite of the killer, he was just that: a killer. Everything else was extraneous, ancillary, even unncecessary. Killing was the thing. It was not a game. It was not something to be advertised or boasted about. It was his passion, compulsion, obsession. His focus was on what he was about, what he HAD to do. Therefore, I don't think he would have put pen to paper, contacted anyone, boasted, recorded in a diary or journal. Hoaxes all.

I believe he was a social imbecile. I believe he posessed some amount of intelligence that was not apparent due to his social awkwardness and strange personal manner. I also believe that witnesses who saw victims speaking and laughing with a man before their murders did not see the killer. I sense the killer was man of few words, very shy, someone his victims actually felt they had to draw out, or even for whom they may have felt some amount of pity. Shy. Awkward. Quite. Wouldn't hurt a fly. Until he cut their throats, that is. I believe the killer's name is foreign to us, unknown. He lived quietly, unnoticed. He died, silenly, mourned by few, missed by none.

Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
    I don't think the 'Dear Boss' letter was written by the killer. As well, I doubt ANY of the correspondence received by police, Lusk, etc. was written by the killer.

Of course, we cannot know anything for certain at this point. This is simply my personal feeling. In my personal composite of the killer, he was just that: a killer. Everything else was extraneous, ancillary, even unncecessary. Killing was the thing. It was not a game. It was not something to be advertised or boasted about. It was his passion, compulsion, obsession. His focus was on what he was about, what he HAD to do. Therefore, I don't think he would have put pen to paper, contacted anyone, boasted, recorded in a diary or journal. Hoaxes all.

I believe he was a social imbecile. I believe he posessed some amount of intelligence that was not apparent due to his social awkwardness and strange personal manner. I also believe that witnesses who saw victims speaking and laughing with a man before their murders did not see the killer. I sense the killer was man of few words, very shy, someone his victims actually felt they had to draw out, or even for whom they may have felt some amount of pity. Shy. Awkward. Quite. Wouldn't hurt a fly. Until he cut their throats, that is. I believe the killer's name is foreign to us, unknown. He lived quietly, unnoticed. He died, silenly, mourned by few, missed by none.
    Hi Patrick,how hard would it have been for our killer to send something with his letters for example a piece of the victims clothing.Also in the case of the dear boss letter why not send it to a newspaper who would know about news agencies a journalist I think.The only communication I think might be genuine was the lusk letter purely on the fact who would waste money on buying a human kidney just for a joke.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

G'Day Pinkmoon

But someone did send something to Mr Lusk a kidne (sic) and most people still doubt the ID of the sender.

GUT
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        G'Day Pinkmoon

But someone did send something to Mr Lusk a kidne (sic) and most people still doubt the ID of the sender.

GUT
        Hi gut,it wouldn't be impossible for someone to get their hands on a kidney from a dead shelia however it would be quite expensive for a none medical person to obtain one.Again why didn't our killer send something with the kidney to prove it was genuine it wouldn't have been that hard to do.
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Again why didn't our killer send something with the kidney to prove it was genuine it wouldn't have been that hard to do.
          Perhaps it was a 'spur of the moment' decision following the Eddowes murder, in which case it would be very hard to do.It's not as though he could return to the scene and get something.
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

G'Day

And if he took the kidney to eat [as claimed] he may have decided to send part to Mr Lusk [Sor]

GUT
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi GUT.

(A belated welcome to the boards by the way).

Have just re-read the post I replied to. Perhaps (a little speculation here) that was the reasoning behind taking a piece of the apron. What mitigates against that is the size of the piece taken, but perhaps the intention was that the apron would serve two purposes:- assist in removal of the organ itself and (part of) to accompany the organ with the Lusk letter. If that was the case, it would suggest that he came close to being caught when he disposed of it (perhaps sooner than intended) on Goulston Street.
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

You've got to admit it wouldn't have been to hard to send something with the dear boss letter to prove it was genuine.

Comment

G'Day Bridewell

Thanks for the welcome.

Basically I agree. I have even at times wondered if he intended to write his next letter on it. That of course is if he wrote any damn letters.

GUT
                  G U T

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                    Hi Patrick,how hard would it have been for our killer to send something with his letters for example a piece of the victims clothing.Also in the case of the dear boss letter why not send it to a newspaper who would know about news agencies a journalist I think.The only communication I think might be genuine was the lusk letter purely on the fact who would waste money on buying a human kidney just for a joke.
                    Of course, anything is possible. If any letter is genuine, it's certainly the Lusk letter (and kidney). It's always tricky, at least for me, to make assumptions when so little is known. In most cases, for most people, its not feasible to be get hold of a kidney and send it in a parcel. For others, it might be quite feasible (medical students, mortuary workers, etc.). That said, it may be nearly as feasible that the killer sent it himself. For me, it's simply a feeling, one that may change at any time as I am exposed to new info, opinions. Mainly, it's a feeling I have based upon notes I've been making for the past twenty-five years. I've had thoughts, I write them down. Learn a fact here, do some research about a killer there, I write it down. Recently, I've been pulling notes together and arranging them in a more organized fashion. Creating narratives and speadsheets, even a few flowcharts. It's an interesting exercise, at the least. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
                      Of course, anything is possible. If any letter is genuine, it's certainly the Lusk letter (and kidney). It's always tricky, at least for me, to make assumptions when so little is known. In most cases, for most people, its not feasible to be get hold of a kidney and send it in a parcel. For others, it might be quite feasible (medical students, mortuary workers, etc.). That said, it may be nearly as feasible that the killer sent it himself. For me, it's simply a feeling, one that may change at any time as I am exposed to new info, opinions. Mainly, it's a feeling I have based upon notes I've been making for the past twenty-five years. I've had thoughts, I write them down. Learn a fact here, do some research about a killer there, I write it down. Recently, I've been pulling notes together and arranging them in a more organized fashion. Creating narratives and speadsheets, even a few flowcharts. It's an interesting exercise, at the least. Thanks for the reply!
                      Its worth mentioning that for the month of September Medical Students and people with a more or less advanced knowledge of anatomy were the primary suspect group...who better to obtain a kidney section?

The fact that it wasnt addressed to the cops or the news, that it was not signed by a "Ripper", and the fact that the organ section was human and was from an organ like the one that Kate had taken from her...make this the only compelling possible correspondence.

At least from Kates killer....he didnt claim any other women as victims.

Cheers
                      Michael Richards

Comment

G'Day Michael

I've never understood why so many are willingly to out of hand dismiss the Lust Letter.
                        G U T

Comment

On the other hand if Dear Boss and the PostCard weren't from Jacky then it seems that only a conspiracy at the "News" could account for the information therein, otherwise how the accuracy, the writer must have known facts.

As I see it only two choices open to us.
                          G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            G'Day Michael

I've never understood why so many are willingly to out of hand dismiss the Lust Letter.
                            Because so many Ripperologists refute the possibility that the organ section could be categorized accurately...from a human female with a form of nephritis.

Cheers
                            Michael Richards

Comment

G'Day Michael

And most Doctors say it's highly possible to do so. at least those I've spoken to have and on questions of anatomy I'd rather listen to a doctor than a Ripperologist, I know silly of me.
                              G U T

Comment

Working...
                              X