No announcement yet.

The Long Island Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be that having done a "little'un" something about it turned him on and he subsequently started looking out the smaller victims...hard to get into the mind of someone like that...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Just a quick note, on More 4 tonight at 9pm there's a documentary on this case called 'America's Serial Killer'

Comment

Cowardice

Thanks David - will have to break the habits of a lifetime and, just for once on a Saturday night, wrest control of the Television set from my dear lady wife...She's like a terrier you know (or was that a terrorist?)... in case I don't survive I leave my JtR books to...oh forget it, I'll probably catch up with it on 4OD anyhow...

Mutter mutter

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
          Could be that having done a "little'un" something about it turned him on and he subsequently started looking out the smaller victims...hard to get into the mind of someone like that...

All the best

Dave
          Hi, Dave,

Of course. Impossible to know . . .

Somehow, though, I tend to think he started out with women who appealed to him, then changed for some reason.

But there's no way to know until he's caught -- and maybe not even then.

curious

Comment

Originally posted by DGB View Post
            Just a quick note, on More 4 tonight at 9pm there's a documentary on this case called 'America's Serial Killer'
            I'm guessing More 4 tonight is in England?

Thanks,

curious

Comment

Thanks David - will have to break the habits of a lifetime and, just for once on a Saturday night, wrest control of the Television set from my dear lady wife...She's like a terrier you know (or was that a terrorist?)... in case I don't survive I leave my JtR books to...oh forget it, I'll probably catch up with it on 4OD anyhow...

Mutter mutter

Dave
              Hi, Dave,
              It is my understanding that "bull dogs" are more tenacious than terriers, but you're smart, a lady would prefer being a terrier to a bull dog!

good for you, you may survive.

curious

Comment

I'm guessing More 4 tonight is in England?
                Hi Velma

Yes More 4 is one of our TV Channels (associated with "Channel 4" and More4 among others) and 4OD is an online facility to watch previously broadcast shows on your computer...To be honest I don't know, but it might just be possible for someone in the US to use 4OD...why not wait until tomorrow and then try looking at todays shows...

By the by...I think a lot of our Scots and Welsh followers might be a little wounded by the "England" reference!

All the best

Dave

Comment

Hi Velma

Yes More 4 is one of our TV Channels (associated with "Channel 4" and More4 among others) and 4OD is an online facility to watch previously broadcast shows on your computer...To be honest I don't know, but it might just be possible for someone in the US to use 4OD...why not wait until tomorrow and then try looking at todays shows...

By the by...I think a lot of our Scots and Welsh followers might be a little wounded by the "England" reference!

All the best

Dave
                  Thanks, Dave,

and apologies to those Scots and Welsh I may have offended. The irony is I resorted to "England" because I could not spell XXXXXX and I still can't.

I was just too lazy to open another browser and look it so, so I went with something I could spell.

Do you all have something like a Roku box that allows you to watch TV shows on your TV, but off the Internet?

I'm thinking of getting one and dropping my Dish, but I love the Dish and am not sure.

Velma

Comment

Hi Velma

That difficult word is presumaby "British"

Yes there are a number of "on demand" TV providers..but alas I don't subscribe to any of them, (I only went over to digital TV because the alternative was being switched off...I'm not a huge TV fan and was tempted...but the missus is a big time watcher, and there's the odd programme I like)...so I'm afraid I can't make a recommendation one way or the other...sorry!

All the best

Dave

Comment

Hi Velma

That difficult word is presumaby "British"

Yes there are a number of "on demand" TV providers..but alas I don't subscribe to any of them, (I only went over to digital TV because the alternative was being switched off...I'm not a huge TV fan and was tempted...but the missus is a big time watcher, and there's the odd programme I like)...so I'm afraid I can't make a recommendation one way or the other...sorry!

All the best

Dave

Close but no cigar!

You're a varmint, Dave, trying to make me sound even dumber than I already do for admitting such a thing.

Actually, I was trying to put 2 t's in the name of the country. It's not just my body that has been on vacation for a week!

They may not allow me back in the office Monday morning.

Velma

Comment

Yosemite Sam!

Hi Velma

Being referred to as a varmint has truly made my day (if not my year) ... I love it! In fact I'm so appreciative I may stop gently taking the rise for at least...oh...24/60...

Whoops...time's up!

Dave

Comment

Hi Velma

Being referred to as a varmint has truly made my day (if not my year) ... I love it! In fact I'm so appreciative I may stop gently taking the rise for at least...oh...24/60...

Whoops...time's up!

Dave
                          Yep, one of my terms of endearment!

I also have a favorite red-headed skunk or pole cat who is my bestest nephew.

Somewhere along the line, when he was just very young, he called me a "pole cat" and we started referring to each other as skunks and pole cats . . . Silly, of course, but we still go back and forth on that occasionally.

He's also a varmint. As is my youngest, most mischievous parrot. . . .

you get the picture.

Velma

Comment

Yes More 4 is one of our TV Channels (associated with "Channel 4" and More4 among others) and 4OD is an online facility to watch previously broadcast shows on your computer...To be honest I don't know, but it might just be possible for someone in the US to use 4OD..
                            I'm in NYC and can access 4OD so thanks for the tip!
                            Managing Editor
                            Casebook Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Robert Anderson View Post
                              I'm in NYC and can access 4OD so thanks for the tip!
                              Dave:
                              Here's what I found online: Rights agreements mean that our 4oD service is only available in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, (although C4 does not always have rights for programmes in ROI). Even if you are a citizen of the UK or ROI you cannot access the service from abroad.

So, I'll have to wait.

Velma

Comment

Originally posted by curious View Post
                                Dave:
                                Here's what I found online: Rights agreements mean that our 4oD service is only available in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, (although C4 does not always have rights for programmes in ROI). Even if you are a citizen of the UK or ROI you cannot access the service from abroad.

So, I'll have to wait.

Velma
                                I just watched something on 4oD and I'm sitting here in New York.
                                Managing Editor
                                Casebook Wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X