No announcement yet.

The Reid Scale: Classic Unsolved Murder Cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the results each side wanted by the at the time.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I guess we need a closely monitored independent tie breaker in the Strangler Case.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Maybe the Sullivan sample is already compromised though.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
          And the results each side wanted by the at the time.
          That is always suspicious. Do you have an opinion on his guilt or innocence?

curious

Comment

• I doubt the he was guilty of all the murders, especially those of the older women. None of his Measuring Man or Green Man crimes involved older women. Going by what's out there now though (and it could be false), I would have to shift slightly to the side that DeSalvo was guilty of at least the Sullivan murder. Perhaps this was a Green Man crime that went wrong due, perhaps, to her resistance. That would make him a murderer but not necessarily the Boston Strangler. In recent times, I think there was a majority opinion that there were at least two Boston Stranglers anyway - one for the women around 20 and another for the women over 55.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
              I doubt the he was guilty of all the murders, especially those of the older women. None of his Measuring Man or Green Man crimes involved older women. Going by what's out there now though (and it could be false), I would have to shift slightly to the side that DeSalvo was guilty of at least the Sullivan murder. Perhaps this was a Green Man crime that went wrong due, perhaps, to her resistance. That would make him a murderer but not necessarily the Boston Strangler. In recent times, I think there was a majority opinion that there were at least two Boston Stranglers anyway - one for the women around 20 and another for the women over 55.
              Interesting. Other than the ages of the victims, did anything else suggest two killers?

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post
                Interesting. Other than the ages of the victims, did anything else suggest two killers?
                Not much really but a 32 year age gap seems hard to account for by other means. If I remember correctly, I think that Susan Kelly in her book suggests that most, if not all, the younger victim murders were individual slayings. That was before the latest DNA news though.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Killer Charles Terry is a suspect for the older Boston Strangler murders.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Terry was in custody when the last few murders occurred however.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Terry's proven murder was that of an older woman.

Stan Reid

Comment

• And, it was at about the time the older women murders were winding down in Boston.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The only things all the proposed victims had in common was that they were single women.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Single meaning divorced, widowed, separated and never married.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Not all the women were living alone but were home alone when the attack occurred.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Sullivan was actually living two other women.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X