No announcement yet.

True Crime Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are supposed to start filming it later this year.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Chloe Sevigny is set to play Lizzie.

Stan Reid

Comment

• IMDb does have 2012 date on it but I don't see an exact date yet.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Picked up a couple of movies about Martin Cahill last month. "The General" which is a drama, which I haven't watched yet (although I read the book many years ago). And "Ordinary Decent Criminal" with Kevin Spacey, which is a comedy/caper type movie based on Cahill's career. Bloody good movie, which manages to keep pretty close to Cahill's life story, while downplaying his brutality and keeping it light. It's quite funny, in a dry, British kind of way.
          “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• How was The General?

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
              IMDb does have 2012 date on it but I don't see an exact date yet.
              I see that they have now changed the Lizzie Borden release date to (????) so who knows if it or when it will happen.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I don't have IMDbPro so that's all I have on it.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Anyway, we at least still have the Elizabeth Montgomery movie.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Easily my favourite true crime movie is 'Out of the Blue'. It's a 2006 movie (one of Karl Urban's first I think) which recreates (very accurately, in my opinion) the massacre in the small New Zealand town of Aramoana in 1990. It's pretty gruelling stuff, but then if we wanted Bambi we wouldn't be watching true crime

J

Comment

• The name sounds familiar but I don't remember seeing it.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Just watching "The Killing Of America"

Incredibly depressing, yet at the same time compelling.

Comment

• What's that about Magpie?

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                            What's that about Magpie?
                            It's like a "mondo" type movie, featuring newsfootage about crime in the US--everything from RFK and JFK to Brenda Spencer.

Comment

• Ah, I remember the mondo movies - somewhat unsettling sometimes.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Watching "Longford".

Good movie--little slow, and a little disturbing.

Comment

Working...
                                X