X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delboy58
    replied
    Hi Caz.
    Great to hear from you! Thanks for the information about Seth, wonderful. Please give him my warm regards. As you may imagine that film is one of my favourites. Superb cast, the cramped seedy locations and shooting in the real street of course. Anything with Richard Attenborough just has to be good too. Dare I say it for fear of further reprisals, but thanks also for coming to my rescue to some degree with your comments about Evans. I seemed to have incurred the worldwide wrath of every Christie supporter here!
    Del. X
    Last edited by Delboy58; 07-28-2010, 04:01 PM. Reason: type error

Leave a comment:

• caz
    replied
    Originally posted by belinda View Post
    You argument for Evans innocence is even more outrageous.

He was a humble van driver therefore this renders him incaplable of murder.

That is ridiculous.Again I point out the Green River killer. Peter Sutcliffe also drove Trucks.
    Hang on a mo, Belinda.

The argument for Evans's innocence is the fact that it was proved beyond any doubt whatsoever, after he was hanged for murder, that he had been living in the same house as an active serial killer. I humbly submit that the case against Evans had to be declared unsafe at the very least after that, without some very compelling (eg forensic) evidence that he had in fact killed anyone at all. It's not a question of whether or not he was capable. He would have to be proved guilty all over again, because the original jury very obviously didn't have nearly enough information about the goings-on in that house to deliver a safe verdict.

There is absolutely no cause to compare Evans with known serial killers.

Hi Delboy,

As a matter of fact, my co-author, Seth Linder is the son of Leslie Linder, who produced the film 10 Rillington Place.

Love,

Caz
    X
    Last edited by caz; 07-28-2010, 03:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Delboy58
    replied
    Rillington Place

As this is a British murder, are there any of my fellow countrymen out there who remember visiting the murder site before it was demolished? Having been born in London and still living only about twenty miles away today, I must confess to having possessed a bit of a ghoulish nature as a boy and I paid several visits to the house in the late sixties and early seventies. The last time I saw the road as it was would have been about 1970 when it had been renamed Ruston Close. The street was looking pretty shabby by that time and was only about a year away from being torn down. I think now, being a more sensitive adult and considering all the dreadful events that took place there, I might have been a little less inclined to lay my hand on that famous door...
    Last edited by Delboy58; 07-28-2010, 05:45 AM. Reason: error

Leave a comment:

• Supe
    replied
    Dellboy,

Let us get a few things straight. We have all been members of Casebook for many years and don't need you to lecture me, or Belinda, or many of the other posters on proper deportment on these boards. Nonetheless, you have suddenly shown up and disparged, hectored and, yes, bullied, those who don't agree with you. Indeed, the mere suggestion that someone may disagree with your opinions (and they are nothing more) about the available evidence causes you to belittle them.

You don't want discussion, you want abject agreement with your views. Continue with your current attitude and you will quickly find yourself arguing solely with yourself, which may be what you actually covet.

As for your mistaking Caz for a male, its mention was relevant to the extent that it was an unwarranted assumption on your part. Perhaps it was prompted by sexism, but in any case must make one wonder if your assumptions and opinions about Christie/Evans are equally erroneous.

I would hope that you can engage in serious discourse on this thread and that includes the acceptance that your assessement of the evidence involved may, at least in part, be faulty and that those who disagree may be right in some particulars.

Don.

Leave a comment:

• Delboy58
    replied
    Timothy Evans

That comment was not aimed at you Belinda, sorry if you thought it was. We were discussing sensibly I thought.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X