This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Election Poll 2024

Ok, let’s see if we get it right on here.

Who do you think will win the election in November?
    Republican (Trump)
    45.45%
    Democrat (Harris)
    54.55%
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I want Harris to win, but think Trump will win.

RD
    "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Trump.
      O have you seen the devle
      with his mikerscope and scalpul
      a lookin at a Kidney
      With a slide cocked up.

Comment

I'm fed up with the weak minded Democrats, I've been a Lib./Dem./Lab. voter/supporter all my life, but in the past two years I've began to lean more towards Rep./Cons policies, but I despise Trump, McConnell, and other MAGA Republicans.

I think this election will be very close, much like the last time.
        This is going to be a case of which party will do the least harm to the USA, and to the global community.
        If you agree with secure borders & support for Israel (as I do), you must vote for Trump.
        Yet, if you disagree with removing women's rights, and the lack of gun control (as I do), then you must vote for Harris.
        That's the dilemma.
        (I know there are more issues at play, which only increases the dilemma).

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Perhaps I should have added “and if Harris wins will Trump accept defeat gracefully?”
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

It pains me to say it, but I have an ominous feeling about this election.

I've done something I would NEVER do if I was a US citizen and voted Trump!

Comment

Perhaps I should have added “and if Harris wins will Trump accept defeat gracefully?”
              There's as much chance of that as there is of me being voted President of the US in this election.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
                It pains me to say it, but I have an ominous feeling about this election.

I've done something I would NEVER do if I was a US citizen and voted Trump!
                Me too Ms D. This is one time that I really do hope that I’m wrong.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Trump rarely does anything gracefully. The best we can hope for is that he won't encourage violence if he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                    If you agree with secure borders & support for Israel (as I do), you must vote for Trump.
                    Trump couldn't get $6 billion for the border when he had Republican majority in the House and the Senate. Under Biden, a $13 billion bipartisan border bill was negotiated. The Republicans voted it down twice because Trump told them he didn't want the border solved. Since Biden enacted an Executive Order on June 4 to try to deal with the issue - since then, border crossings have dropped 55%.

Trump made it clear that he would not support NATO or South Korea. Trump outright betrayed the Kurds and the Afghans. Why does anyone believe he would support Israel?​
                    "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Trump couldn't get $6 billion for the border when he had Republican majority in the House and the Senate. Under Biden, a $13 billion bipartisan border bill was negotiated. The Republicans voted it down twice because Trump told them he didn't want the border solved. Since Biden enacted an Executive Order on June 4 to try to deal with the issue - since then, border crossings have dropped 55%.

Trump made it clear that he would not support NATO or South Korea. Trump outright betrayed the Kurds and the Afghans. Why does anyone believe he would support Israel?​
                      I agree with you about the Wall, he didn't want Biden to finish what he started.

Trump is caught between his radical supporters (like Proud Boys, KKK, etc.) who hate Jews, and his family - Jared & Ivanka are Orthodox Jews.
                      "(He)... counts Jews among his closest advisers and supporters. Few other serious presidential candidates have had as up-close or as personal an experience with Jews or Judaism".
                      It’s been decades since a major party presidential candidate had a harder case to make to American Jewish voters than Donald Trump. Trump has supported policies that sit uneasily with American Jews, and shown what some deem to be an alarming tolerance for anti-Semitic supporters and even a tone-deaf enthusiasm for some of their iconography. …

You may remember Trump had the American Embassy moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, and recognized Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel.
                      Trump has been more on the side of Israel, and against Muslim interests, than Biden.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                        You may remember Trump had the American Embassy moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, and recognized Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel.
                        Trump has been more on the side of Israel, and against Muslim interests, than Biden.
                        Moving the Embassy to Jerusalem was performative, to try to get Jewish votes in the US. It appears to have failed, about 70% of American Jews voted Democrat in the 2016 and 2020 Presidential elections.

A better judge of would Trump support Israel is his track record on supporting other allies. Trump made it clear he would not support NATO or South Korea. Trump would betray Ukraine to Russia at the drop of a hat. Trump's betrayals of the Kurds and the Afghans strengthened Israel's enemies. Why would Trump support Israel when he hasn't supported anyone else?
                        "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

"Why would Trump support Israel when he hasn't supported anyone else?"

Because they are fighting wars against muslims which one of Trump's pet projects.

Comment

there is no doubt in my mind that Harris will win the popular vote. Is this what you meant?

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post

there is no doubt in my mind that Harris will win the popular vote. Is this what you meant?

cheers.
                              I just meant ‘who will be President after the election… Trump or Harris?
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X