Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
    Chris
    if you have such an important question my recommendation is that you type it out with no gratuitous comments before, in the middle or after, so it looks like a question.

If you feel the need to hark back to your younger days watching Rainbow, then you can always post your quips altogether afterwards. That way you won't loose your target audience.
    I think you are being unfair now.
    Paddington Bare isnt happy with the mis - characterisation of Chris. Sure he got flippant on about Thursday with the rest of us, but before that he had already asked you about this, fairly normally.

People in general are enjoying this thread a lot more since it got less intense, I think its better to discuss in a jolly way than as though the world will end if we dont sort this out now...
    “be just and fear not”

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello Jenni. Thanks.

Maybe you had better have another go at my post. It was a remark about ethics--not the nonsense of this thread.

Cheers.
      LC
      If your remarks were not about the discussion on the thread, why make them in the context of the thread.

Maybe you need to think about that before you expect me to be psychic. This aside, as you said it in the context of the thread, I asked our opinion based on the discussion at hand - since - you know - you brought it up on the thread. Maybe you don't want to answer, again, I refer you to the point of not bringing things up then

Jenni
      “be just and fear not”

Comment

• This thread has taught me something I didnt know since 2008.

Its a er shame that's all it was

er
        anyway
        Jenni
        “be just and fear not”

Comment

• Jenni
          it occurs to me that it would be easier if you asked his question in your agreeable manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            What sort of ending would you propose, Steve?

The best,
            Fisherman
            Everyone just agreeing to let it go...Lines are clearly drawn,no-ones going to change their mind,and,TBH,when it gets down to discussing the meaning of "Faculties" or "Similar",it's like Medieval theologists arguing how many Angels can dance on the head of a pin............

Comment

• More if they're doing the pogo than if they're doing the jitterbug.

Comment

• Comment

if you have such an important question my recommendation is that you type it out with no gratuitous comments before, in the middle or after, so it looks like a question.
                  The obvious problem with doing that is that you may simply ignore it again.

I think I'll give Sally first crack before I go to the trouble of finding and reposting the question I asked you before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve S View Post
                    it's like Medieval theologists arguing how many Angels can dance on the head of a pin............
                    Or how many pinheads can dance on the margin of 'The Lighter Side of My Official Life'.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                      Or how many pinheads can dance on the margin of 'The Lighter Side of My Official Life'.........
                      Marginally more than there ought to be, perhaps ...?

The best,
                      Fisherman

Comment

• So neither of you can remember your own pressing questions???

Comment

• So there are two pinheads dancing so far...any more volunteers?

All the best

Dave

Comment

So neither of you can remember your own pressing questions???
                            Gosh - have you forgotten already (or were you asleep) that Sally told you she was rather busy but would get back to you?

And of course I can remember my question, even if you've already forgotten all about it. But as I did take some trouble to write it out for you before, I don't want to start from scratch now. The simplest thing, of course, would have been for you to answer it in the first place, rather than repeatedly evading it. That's if you have any genuine interest in discussing the issues, as you keep saying you have.

Comment

• Paddington says hi
                              Last edited by Jenni Shelden; 10-05-2013, 03:35 PM.
                              “be just and fear not”

Comment

• I remember my previous question.

My previous question is: when certain people think that everyone involved in the Swanson Marginalia can be held endlessly accountable and their reputations analyzed, disparaged and questioned; when their motives can likewise be questioned, slurred, or out and out insulted, and all without a shred of deliberate wrong-doing on their part proven, why precisely is malicious badgering of those people considered acceptable, but when an author like Trevor Marriott, who has admitted lying and proven to be a plagiarist is called on the carpet, why precisely is that considered low and unacceptable??

Let's be real here. Paul Begg, Martin Fido, Keith Skinner, Adam Wood and the entire Swanson family are all considered fair game even though there is not a single shred of evidence that any one of them have done anything deliberately wrong or with actual malice or ill- intent, and yet, Trevor Marriott-- oh no, his work and actions are above reproach and can't be questioned.

Still waiting for that explanation.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Working...
                                X