URGENT- Don Souden Has Had A Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Good News

Good news, just spoke to Don's sister- there aren't any clots in his lungs- just the leg. Still waiting for meds to work. He will be in the hospital for a few more days.

The family says don't worry about the birthday cards, they promise to deliver them to Don even if he is still in hospital. But that's 10 days away, so looks like he'll be back at Southport Manor by then.

Hi Errata. Don has actually been dangling the conference-carrot in front of himself, to motivate himself to get on his walker.

But I do like your idea. Though the 2014 Conference looks more realistic, even if one of us wins happens to win the lottery.

Still, it would be really cool if Don could be sent a memento from this conference.

Do they sell 'Jack the Ripper World Tour 2013' T-shirts or what? Key-chains? Seriously, I have no idea.

Autographed event poster? Conference DVD?

I'll chip in for sure.

Archaic

Comment

Best to have a stick as well as a carrot. Tell him if he doesn't get a move on, we will deploy this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbra_Streisand's_Greatest_Hits

Comment

I think they have special programmes this year as it is 125th anniversary.
        So good to hear the clot is only in the leg

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
          Best to have a stick as well as a carrot. Tell him if he doesn't get a move on, we will deploy this :

Robert, I think that's against the Geneva Convention.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post

Good god man, I thought we were trying to get him to get better...
            The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post

Still, it would be really cool if Don could be sent a memento from this conference.

Do they sell 'Jack the Ripper World Tour 2013' T-shirts or what? Key-chains? Seriously, I have no idea.

Autographed event poster? Conference DVD?

I'll chip in for sure.

Archaic

I'll make sure Don gets a full conference delegate pack.

Best wishes
              Adam

Comment

Originally posted by AdamNeilWood View Post

Best wishes
                Adam
                Adam,
                That's wonderful. I'm sure he will really enjoy it.

Velma

Comment

Originally posted by AdamNeilWood View Post

Best wishes
                  Adam
                  Hello Adam.

Thank you so much, Don will love that!

Archaic

Comment

Don is out of the hospital

Don is back at his care facility. I just spoke with him & took notes so i could tell you. I wrote a detailed post, but then when i sent it i got a 'Server Not Found' msg. No idea what happened. Have hit Try Again with no result. May be a problem at my end.

If i cant recover it i will try to rewrite the post tomorrow. Am a bit tired tonight.

Thanks, Archaic

Comment

• Don's Birthday: Oct 21

For any of you who missed the news, Don's birthday is October 21.

If you'd like to send a card, postcard, bottle of chilled Dom Perignon, his address is:

Fairview of Fairfield
                      930 Mill Hill Terrace
                      ATTN: Donald Souden
                      Southport, CT
                      USA

He doesn't know people are sending birthday cards, so it will be a nice surprise for him.

Thanks,
                      Archaic

Comment

• I sent cards to the first address. I hope they will get to him.
                        How's he feeling?

Comment

• Think the address looks more or less the same Belinda so I'm sure they'll get there ok...

I tried twice to ring Don on Sunday evening but although the nurses checked he was awake and had his cell handy, he didn't answer...so I can confirm he's ok, but either he's pissed at me (!) or he was feeling too tired to answer!

Hopefully it's the latter as it will at least mean he's being good about doing his therapeutic exercises...

All the best

Dave

Comment

• RE: Address

Hi Belinda.
                            What's important is that the cards go to the correct street address and zip code. The nursing facility has changed ownership & the place has a new (and pretentious) name, "Fairview of Fairfield".

The street address hasn't changed, and so far the mailman has been cool. I haven't heard of any mail being returned. I'm sure he/she knows it's the same place.

For those of you not used to US geography, Southport, Connecticut is located on Long Island Sound; opposite Long Island, New York. Nice place to go sailing.

Archaic

Comment

• Watch out for Don's Scottish heritage : he'll be calling himself The Fairview Of Fairfield.

Comment

• That's good. Hopefully they'll get there soon

Comment

Working...
                                X