San Francisco 1906 colourised and added sound 11 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco 1906 colourised and added sound 11 minutes

I enjoyed this. Filmed from a cable car, 14 april 1906, 4 days before the earthquake. 11 minutes.

It's processed to high heaven-

"Video Restoration Process:
    FPS boosted to 60 frames per second
    Image resolution boosted up to HD
    Improved video sharpness and brightness
    Colorized only for the ambiance (not historically accurate)
    added sound design only for the ambiance
    restoration, stabilisation,denoise,cleand,deblur)"

I also enjoyed some of the comments, such as "The way they drive would cause such a disaster today. People seemed to be so calm and accepting of everyone around them. All this chaos would cause so many fights now-a-days."
    These are not clues, Fred.
    It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
    They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
    And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
    We will not.

Thanks for sharing this amaizing clip .
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Hi Ozzy.

The guy that is excellent at these is Denis Shiryaev. Using AI and neural networks and then as you say run through various processing techniques to produce something that looks incredibly real.

Here is some clips (watch from around 4m 38s)

Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
      JayHartley.com

Comment

wow Ozzy thats really cool! Thanks for posting!

Comment

Somewhat aggressive snowball fight.

Comment

--erobitha
            Yes, I've seen a few of Denis Shiryaev Youtube videos. There's a version of the Roundhay, Leeds piece (oldest surviving film in existence) from 16 November 1888 (one week after MJK murder) on his/her channel. Imagine if there was film of the MJK scene!

--String
            Nice. And funny, how the guy on the bike approaches the snowball fight, gets knocked off his bike, gets back on the bike and turns round, going in the opposite direction. Makes you wonder what the story was. Change of mind? The thought of getting caught in more snowball fights. Maybe he thought sod this, I'm going back home.

One area where there's a lot of this use of AI is on old games, on both amateur and professional levels. Sometimes it can really help, but there are just as many examples where the AI makes it look worse. Around 1995 there was a great Blade Runner adventure game released for Windows PC. Recently, an "Enhanced version" was released where AI was used on the graphics. It looks worse than the original. Don't know how it passed QA.
            These are not clues, Fred.
            It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
            They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
            And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
            We will not.

Comment

I think the cyclist was a set up.

Comment

Follow this guy

Comment

Working...
                X