Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lifes a game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lifes a game

    found this looking for a bobbie book ?
    JACK THE RIPPER....signed...board game. Condition is "Like New". Dispatched with Royal Mail 1st Class.....signed by the makers of the game

  • #2
    Originally posted by milchmanuk View Post
    found this looking for a bobbie book ?
    it says signed ? o.k.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by milchmanuk View Post
      found this looking for a bobbie book ?
      supposed to take you to a board game ? dont know what went wrong with copy and paste sorry

      Comment


      • #4
        also how do i take down posts if the web page did not upload properly !

        Comment


        • #5
          I think that only Admin or a Moderator can remove a post once it’s been posted Milchman.
          Regards

          Sir Herlock Sholmes

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by milchmanuk View Post

            it says signed ? o.k.
            I don't think it means signed by JtR...
            Thems the Vagaries.....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

              I don't think it means signed by JtR...
              i,m putting this out there as i,m a fan of the month of MAY

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by milchmanuk View Post

                i,m putting this out there as i,m a fan of the month of MAY
                Sorry Milchman!

                I'm not sure what this means.

                Are you saying you're on Team Maybrick?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

                  Sorry Milchman!

                  I'm not sure what this means.

                  Are you saying you're on Team Maybrick?
                  50/.50 i read the books but not the transcript as yet of the diary contents,
                  why ?
                  also like Bruce Robinsons take on the diary ,
                  could well believe it having been the youngest of four brothers ,
                  as Arnie says " **** happens ".

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by milchmanuk View Post

                    50/.50 i read the books but not the transcript as yet of the diary contents,
                    why ?
                    also like Bruce Robinsons take on the diary ,
                    could well believe it having been the youngest of four brothers ,
                    as Arnie says " **** happens ".
                    Fair enough!

                    I'm sure Iconoclast and erobitha would be glad to have you aboard.

                    I like the Bruce Robinson book too.

                    I'm not convinced by his conclusion, but it's a hell of a read and I like his writing.

                    I love Withnail & I, so I was always going to be well disposed to that one.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

                      Fair enough!

                      I'm sure Iconoclast and erobitha would be glad to have you aboard.

                      I like the Bruce Robinson book too.

                      I'm not convinced by his conclusion, but it's a hell of a read and I like his writing.

                      I love Withnail & I, so I was always going to be well disposed to that one.
                      the three i like are Kosminski /Lechmere and the Maybrick brothers' , all good yarns but common sense says we're not going to know , JTR once shown to walk through a door and passage way probably felt obliged to do so more often when leaving crime scenes, this is all i got to on thoughts this week.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by milchmanuk View Post

                        the three i like are Kosminski /Lechmere and the Maybrick brothers' , all good yarns but common sense says we're not going to know , JTR once shown to walk through a door and passage way probably felt obliged to do so more often when leaving crime scenes, this is all i got to on thoughts this week.
                        Personally I lean towards unknown (probably local) man.

                        Of the named ones I favour Bury, Koz and Druitt (duck and cover!!), but yeah I agree we are probably never going to know.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

                          Personally I lean towards unknown (probably local) man.

                          Of the named ones I favour Bury, Koz and Druitt (duck and cover!!), but yeah I agree we are probably never going to know.
                          not read to much of Bury yet, i might of dismissed him, just watching Oliver /remarkable time capsule of life their and then,
                          and thank god for spell correct other wise it read like Lusks letter SOR

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

                            Fair enough!

                            I'm sure Iconoclast and erobitha would be glad to have you aboard.

                            I like the Bruce Robinson book too.

                            I'm not convinced by his conclusion, but it's a hell of a read and I like his writing.

                            I love Withnail & I, so I was always going to be well disposed to that one.
                            Hi Ms Diddsy,

                            Milkmen in the UK and other countries are welcome to join the ranks of the Maybrick believers if they wish but - word to the wise, buddy - it's probably going to be a rather unsatisfying and rocky road.

                            The more the merrier though!

                            PS If it was Edwin - the youngest brother - there would need to be some sort of evidence in favour of it. Ol' Brucey's They All Love Jack is off the scale for erudition and research and I can't fault it other than to say that Soothsayer's Razor says cut out the middlestory (that Jack the Ripper hoaxed the Victorian scrapbook) and just stick with James the Ripper instead.

                            Ike
                            Iconoclast
                            Author of the brilliant Society's Pillar
                            Link: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              thx for the invite i am not knowledgeable but as coincidence i been following your posts,
                              i actually painted a house this week, the owners said
                              " don't get much for your money these days "
                              but i would made a grand Picasso!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X